BLACK SIGIL FOR THE DS -- IT'S LIKE FF6 AND CT HAD A BABY

author=Skie Fortress link=topic=3687.msg75789#msg75789 date=1242775510
Nope. I remember quite clearly. It was this game. But that was back when it was called Project: Exile. People got on him for 'ripping the hard work of another indie developer' and he eventually got tempbanned after.
It is kind of ironic how it turned out, then!
naaa he didn't actually rip from it. he just suggested he was gonna and people berated him (quite fairly) for it.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Are you sure? I was pretty sure he actually stole one of the maps exactly.
Looks amazing, it been a while since I've played a 2D Game. :D
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Shipping now!

Graffiti Entertainment Ships Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled
Epic story-driven adventure delivers classic RPG.
June 9, 2009 - REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - Signature Devices, Inc. (OTCPK: SDVI) announced today that its wholly owned subsidiary, Graffiti Entertainment, Inc., has shipped the highly anticipated role-playing game (RPG) Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled to North American retail outlets. Exclusively for Nintendo DSâ„¢, Black Sigil is a classic RPG that centers on the young knight Kairu and his band of friends as they embark on an epic quest to uncover the dark secrets that surround their homeland of Bel Lenora.

"This is an epic story-driven adventure that harkens back to the Super Nintendo era of 2D RPG's," says Kenneth Hurley, CEO of Signature Devices, Inc. and Graffiti Entertainment, Inc. "It features eight playable characters, seven unique endings and over 100 different abilities, skills and combos in one of deepest RPG's you'll find on the DS. If you're a fan of RPG's, Black Sigil is an essential addition to your gaming library."

Black Sigil takes players into a mystical world complete with beautiful and vivid environments, complex characters, and a groundbreaking original storyline that fills an epic tale with imagination and life. In addition to the storyline, Black Sigil offers a variety of side-quests and extra areas that can be discovered, creating the vast and intricate world that players can explore for endless hours of entertainment.

Developed by Studio Archcraft, Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled is rated "E" for Everyone and retails for $29.99. For more information about Signature Devices, Graffiti Entertainment and their products, please visit www.signaturedevices.com.

Amazing this thing actually came out. Supposedly they had been dragging their feet because they were broke and had to build up inventory.
!!!

Awesome.

Too bad I just blew my summer gaming budget on Dokapon Journey (yes, my summer gaming budget is $30).
WIP
I heard it was supposed to popup in Targets and Gamestops tomorrow, anky. Maybe that was a day off.
I'll probably buy this, if only to support indie game devs.
WIP
Ah okay. So maybe they will show up.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
A couple of reviews. To get such a low score from a magazine review doesn't say much.
WIP
In some bizarre twist of fate, Nintendo Power is quite strict on reviews now.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
I bought this game but I am having trouble playing it I can't find the RPG_RT.exe ???
Do you have RTP installed?
I bet you the Base Exchange here will have it. They always have obscure games for some reason, but never enough blockbuster titles in stock.
Nintendo Power are positioned for the casual gamers nowadays I guess. Even though Play gave the game 80%, it doesn't really mean much as they're pretty inconsistent with their scores from when I was buying it back in the early PS2 years.

Waiting for feedback from here and other forum users, best opinions are from like-minded people.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
Okay I actually played this for like 30 mins, it is pretty cool. Very nice chapsets. It kind of does feel like a genuine SNES game more than a RPG Maker game. Well, there is a bit of RM in it, maybe like 10%. I think this will be a good RPG.
Couldn't find it anywhere today, maybe it's because I live in Canada. :(
Holy shit a game that actually supports changing brightness ingame