I WANNA BE THE GUY!

Pages: first 12 next last
Possibly the hardest game I've ever played in my entire life. A platformer that will shatter your hopes, and even when you get past that one little part that was annoying the crap out of you, you will more than likely die right afterwards. It's so frustrating, but it's so addicting as well. It's always full of things you won't expect to kill you.

Note: Not for the easily frustrated!

http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/downloads.php
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
what is the connection to homestarrunner?

EDIT:
This is the worst fucking game ever made.
author=Natook link=topic=3871.msg77435#msg77435 date=1243564980
Note: Not for the easily frustrated!
It's very forgiving actually, considering there are checkpoints.
Beat this game a while back, it's a masterpiece.
I'm tempted to play this, but I DO get frustrated easily and the screenshots kinda scare me into not playing it. lol.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I spent, like, half an hour getting past the first two screens when I started this a while back. Then I explored a bit, but I'm not a star platformer so I just stopped. =P I really enjoyed that was there, though!
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
I managed to beat the first two screens, but after that, progression was impossible. I think I may have picked up the demo version instead.

Anyway, this game seems to be in with the likes of Cat Mario where they betray the player's expectations for the sheer frustration of solving puzzles, especially when one solution seems correct and they change things so it isn't.

I usually enjoy this sort of thing, believe it or not (I have the patience of a saint), but I have too much else to worry about right now without a needlessly cruel platformer to work through.
Haha, goddamnit! I'm actually enjoying this quite a bit but CHRIST.

Played Cat Mario for the first time today, as well... I think I prefer this, though.
I like watching YouTube videos of cruel platformers, but I hate actually playing them :-\.
Bahaha yeah, IWBTG is notorious for having unexpected deaths. So far I've gotten to the second boss.
In what universe is this game anything but terrible?
author=Jude link=topic=3871.msg81998#msg81998 date=1245601300
In what universe is this game anything but terrible?

Only people who suck at this game say that.
I think I only swear when playing these kind of games.
Dammit! I just wanna be the guy!
There is a fantasic LP of this on Youtube (well I'm sure there's more than one but...) I haven't played the game myself, I don't enjoy being frustrated, and if it's one genre that can do it to me, it's Platformers.
It really gets a lot better when you compete with one of your friends.
I feel so ashamed. I can't even get past the second underground room! :-[
The difficulty makes it addictively fun. It's got that "one more try" appeal to it. Many games which try to emulate that simply wind up being frustrating to play.
If there was ever a game that was so ridiculous, it was awesome, this has got to be that game. Heck, back when I last played IWBTG, I couldn't even get past the "apple" trees, but I keep coming back for more! So ridiculously hard (even on the easiest difficulty), yet so addictive...
Pages: first 12 next last