HEY WHERE IS MY RMN3?!

Read:
Approximately three minutes of a site with a thousand broken images all over the place followed quickly by a crashed server.

I actually saw this too, it was as if RMN3 was about to be born. :'(
author=VerifyedRasta link=topic=3946.msg78935#msg78935 date=1244421201
I'd actually like to know what Lazer thought looked retarded.
Yeah, I saw a site with a ton of messed up images in the wrong places.

But then again, the server crashed and RMN3 didn't launch properly.
Hmmm.. where's Kentona with that picture of RMN3 when you need him?
...Do we need to analyze this any further?
Well I still wanna see it... broken images or not.
It's TOP SECRET.
Also I saw it too, it looked pretty great and I liked the "No Image Available" image.
author=Natook link=topic=3946.msg78978#msg78978 date=1244433032
Hmmm.. where's Kentona with that picture of RMN3 when you need him?
Where is he, indeed.

*This is an early prototype, but it'll give you an idea. The style of the site will be the same.
Looks nice and clean, which I like a lot.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
This is sad.

I'm pretty sure I saw RMN3 for like a second, but it was definitely borked during that second. None of the game pages were working and none of the screenshots were showing up. Then the apology page was up a second later.

Anyway, I'm glad we have the old RMN to visit while we wait and I hope you guys get everything back up and running soon.
Oh well, at least it's not coming out on JULY 6TH 2010 like Kentona said. :(
author=kentona link=topic=3946.msg79104#msg79104 date=1244494403
...or is it??
...or is it JUNE 6th, 2010?
Tau
RMN sex symbol
I'm still fine with waiting, plus Ive seen what it will look like and know great things are coming.
I can wait for the new look! I bet it'll look positively epic beyond proportions! So epic that in the future, people will come to admire its beauty and gaze upon RMN3 with grace and awe!
Ah, I didn't get to see the new site :(
I saw the error message after the crash, however.

Some pictures of the new design would be nice :D
With all due respect, the excuses given are pretty lame but I can sympathise with that given that I know what it's like to create a site and then have it go buggy bastard on your ass as soon as you move it from "localhost" to the prime time.

I think the layout you have designed there is brill, I don't envy the task of migrating things over given that it IS summer and all.

You shouldn't set a date for this. The H word (I'm not gonna say it) and this community are so averse so it's best to just let people appreciate it when it's out there.

All that said, the current site is just the job for us makers so I don't see what the problem is for some of these posters. You get what you're given :)
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
With all due respect, RMN3 isn't simply some website. I don't think people understand what a powerful web application it is or how much thought goes into how things work here. It's not a cut and paste php script that does simple database pushes and pulls. It's a completely modular application that depends on a vast array of software packages, dependencies, etc. It's pretty complicated.

The issue here is the differences between our development server and our live server. The development server is pretty much sterile and is configured with RMN3 in mind. Our live server is controlled with a control panel that essentially takes control of the box - dictacting apache configs, what software we can have installed (and what version!), etc. It's not so easy to make changes on, especially when we have over a dozen websites hosted by us, some of them paying customers that we can't really bog down with a lot of downtime right now. We have been meaning to upgrade to a new box but we have some pending agreements that have to be ironed out before we can move one way or the other.

Unfortunately, we had no real way of knowing how the server would react to RMN3 until we went live with it. Obviously, it failed miserably. The data migration was actually complete. Essentially the only thing that failed was the server itself. The dev site for RMN3 still works beautifully as many of you that are beta testers know.

Sorry, when I think of "pretty lame excuses" I think "dog ate my homework", and I do not feel that is anywhere near the case here.

Also I have no idea what brill or the "H word" mean. Hype?

There will be no due date for RMN3. We have some server kinks to work out, possibly a server migration this week. It might even tie in soon with another annoucement we hope to make -- something bigger than even RMN3. In the mean time, sit tight, enjoy Brickroad's articles, play some games and lets get reading for some Release Something! VII: Advent Children!
It might even tie in soon with another annoucement we hope to make -- something bigger than even RMN3.

Whoa.
author=Holbert link=topic=3946.msg79182#msg79182 date=1244517430
The issue here is the differences between our development server and our live server. The development server is pretty much sterile and is configured with RMN3 in mind. Our live server is controlled with a control panel that essentially takes control of the box - dictacting apache configs, what software we can have installed (and what version!), etc. It's not so easy to make changes on, especially when we have over a dozen websites hosted by us, some of them paying customers that we can't really bog down with a lot of downtime right now. We have been meaning to upgrade to a new box but we have some pending agreements that have to be ironed out before we can move one way or the other.
I mentioned this! :o

It really is a pretty big deal that oftentimes, servers don't exactly have the exact things needed for something to run properly, especially something like RMN3 -- from what I saw of it, it was indeed very complex, with awesome little pop-up stuff (not really POP-ups, but notifications of a kind), and all sorts of other stuff. I'm not surprised that a live server would crap out on something as complex as it with other sites that might not have as much complexity (and therefore not needing the same applications installed on the server) would need.

Though it may suck, it has to be dealt with, and we'll get things in due time, as said. A migration this week surprises me, though! From the way WIP made it sound, it made it seem like a new server would be a couple of months away (not talking about RMN3; the server ><).
author=kentona link=topic=3946.msg79048#msg79048 date=1244483941

The epic-sounding "Justice League Unlimited" theme song started playing in my head. I'm not even joking.

this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6dF0xYIFsg&feature=related