SUMMER SCREENSHOT SPECTACULAR!

Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
@supremewarrior:

That's too much work on one map. Stop being such a perfectionist and move on.

@archness:

"needs work", eh? Not from what I can see. Sorry if this is somewhat aggressive for a compliment, but I think if a map becomes any more elaborate and pretty than the screenshot you posted, it becomes pretentious and arguably non-functional. I would leave as is.

@kentona:

Does. Not. Compute. More information...required.
I worked on this game until last October. Then just now, I have begun to work on it again. Originally, it was suppose to be black and white. Then my girlfriend suggest that I should add color to it. I thought against it at first. After awhile, colors should be added to the project but saturated. Most of the tiles and sprites has around 2-4 colors. That's the design choice I have chosen. However, the monsters in this game has more colors. Here are the screen shot of this game.

The king is very cheap, and won't spend money on anything until something bad happen. That isn't the plot though. The plot is just another princess has been capture scenario.

World map screen.

A shop with each of it item having it own unique image. You have to go up to the item and buy them.

The town that only have one NPC outside of his home.

Grassland BG battle scene

Bridge BG battle, most of the small monster looks good. Larger one that are bigger than 32x32 are the one I have the most difficult to draw.

His house.

First dungeon in this game. It lacks colors, but simulating a TI-83 color display.

Mine cart in action.

Side quest dungeon in progress, simulating Gamegear display and resolution.

The game is still in production. I may be able to finish a demo version of this game sometime soon. My biggest weakness in drawing are the sprite, battlechar, charset, weapon, and etc. Tile artwork is my strong point, but still need improvement.
holy shit holy shit kiwi that is really cool, my only gripe is that the battlecharset looks really strange. Is it done on purpose that one screen is very colorful and another is just black and white? I dunno the lack of color consistency throws me off a bit.

This reminds me of my RSD project that I never bothered to finish, I might as well post some screens of it so it doesn't all go to waste. Not to mention I feel guilty posting in a screenshot topic without, posting any screens.

THIS GAME WILL NEVER BE COMPLETED
@Max: I've been itching for a while to make a quickie game in RMVX just to feel it out. I didn't have any ideas (that weren't "epic") handy so I dove into my stash of .txt files looking for an old game idea. I found one in Thalience. Maybe I'll post game info, if you want.

@Skie Fortress: Did you change the status bar layouts? Looks good.

@Kiwi: I'll check these out when I get home - tinypic is blocked at work (grr!)

@Darken: I demand that this game be completed.
post=87201
@Skie Fortress: Did you change the status bar layouts? Looks good.)

Yes, I was dreading having to edit the script for that, but once someone explained it to me, I actually managed to do it myself. It wasn't as hard as I figured it would be.

Also, I unified all the fonts on the HUD so hopefully this is the last I have to hear of the HUD.

post=87200
holy shit holy shit kiwi that is really cool, my only gripe is that the battlecharset looks really strange. Is it done on purpose that one screen is very colorful and another is just black and white? I dunno the lack of color consistency throws me off a bit.

This reminds me of my RSD project that I never bothered to finish, I might as well post some screens of it so it doesn't all go to waste. Not to mention I feel guilty posting in a screenshot topic without, posting any screens.

THIS GAME WILL NEVER BE COMPLETED

I really like the style of this game. Building a game with 100% custom graphic is difficult and can stop someone from finishing their games.

In my game, the dungeon will have it own style of graphics. Such as the mine dungeon will mostly be black and white, the game was initially black and white. Some future dungeon/sidequest dungeon may have an NES style artwork or maybe an Atari 2600 style.

I just have to make sure that the game is fun to play first. After all,
Skie your character art is incredibly good. I'm not sure why the main character has crazy horns, but still incredibly good.

And if it's a screenshot topic, I mine as well post something:
@Ramshackin: Is that fake 3D or actual 3D model renders?

Outside Warehouse

Warehouse Office

This is very intriguing to me. It looks great. It this a mockup in a 3D modeling program? Or do you have this running in an engine of some sort?
post=87356
Is that fake 3D or actual 3D model renders?

The plants are just flat images, but the rest are 3d models.

post=87486
This is very intriguing to me. It looks great. It this a mockup in a 3D modeling program? Or do you have this running in an engine of some sort?

No, that's an ingame screenshot. You can actually go inside the house and stuff. I worked on this for a while before I remembered how much I hate 3d modeling.
Some of those textures seem like they are from XP's RTP, which is pretty cool.
No, that's an ingame screenshot. You can actually go inside the house and stuff. I worked on this for a while before I remembered how much I hate 3d modeling.

More info required! Are you coding this from scratch in C or something? Using a pre-existing engine? I need to know! 3D game making seems like such a high pedestal to reach for an amateur game maker. I've seen 3D screens posted here before, but they're almost always first person, which isn't bad, but for some reason hasn't caught my eye or my interest quite in the way your project does. I'd like to know more, and see more, about how you're doing what you're doing. I guess that's out of context of the topic, so if you could PM me with some info, or link me to a topic where you've discussed these things, that would be awesome =)

supremewarrior: I've noticed you don't have a game page about your project, but there's obviously some interest in it =) Consider submitting a game project to the site, and let RMN host your images for you. Not only is that the reason we are here, but it will also bump your project in the Games list.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Kiwi that is pretty crazy awesome. I don't really like your monster graphics, though, their quality just seems so much lower than that of the awesome tilesets you've created.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
He quoted that from Darken, dude.

Also QUIT QUOTING. I keep on wondering why everyone's screens look the same!
post=87517
Some of those textures seem like they are from XP's RTP, which is pretty cool.

Yeah, everything is from the XP RTP.

post=87523
More info required! Are you coding this from scratch in C or something? Using a pre-existing engine? I need to know! 3D game making seems like such a high pedestal to reach for an amateur game maker. I've seen 3D screens posted here before, but they're almost always first person, which isn't bad, but for some reason hasn't caught my eye or my interest quite in the way your project does. I'd like to know more, and see more, about how you're doing what you're doing. I guess that's out of context of the topic, so if you could PM me with some info, or link me to a topic where you've discussed these things, that would be awesome =)

Sure, I'll PM you some info
I'm trying out a different resolution:

256*224, Old school SNES resolution. There will be an option in the game to resize the window/play on full screen.

Should I or shouldn't I?
shouldn't

because fuck if you are gonna butt in on my act >:(
colonel.. what's a russian gunship doing here..