SUMMER SCREENSHOT SPECTACULAR!

I'll just put these in here while my game is pending (does it usually take this long by the way? I've been waiting for a day or two now...)

A small resting area halfway through the first cave

Said first cave, complete with custom shadow :D
whats crackin

I'm not sure if I'm finished with this one, though.

it looks nice but some of the magma (?? are we underground?) to rock transitions look a bit goofy / tiley. make them a bit smoother for maximum nice looking-ness.
That's a really good shot Feld. I would add some more on the ledges though.
post=86354
it looks nice but some of the magma (?? are we underground?) to rock transitions look a bit goofy / tiley. make them a bit smoother for maximum nice looking-ness.

Yeah, I'm trying to work on that, but I can't find any screenshots of the original area (the source is Treasure of the Rudras) for reference, and I kinda don't feel like loading up the ROM just to play to get to that area, but c'est la vie.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Feld, WRR those are some VERY NICE lookin' screenshots. : )
gimme two secs. which day is that area on?

(also, try using the fairly similar water tiles as a point of reference)
Uh, Surlent Day One I think?
okay so rnh wants to be buggy as hell today and not load saves :(
aw :(

However, if it's on Surlent's Day One (and not like, Day Six or something like I thought), I might be able to suck it up and pull it up myself.
suck it up punk

WAIT

DAY ONE

WHAT THE FUCK AM I LOADING SAVES FOR
post=86373
suck it up punk

WAIT

DAY ONE

WHAT THE FUCK AM I LOADING SAVES FOR

No worries, I've got some screencaps.

So what can I do to fix this?
use the corner pieces properly. you see how the lava-transition cuts off on your version? all you need are the tiles below that one.
Wow, uh, this is harder than I thought. ...Shit.
you should probably take your screenshots actual size btw ::)
Haha.

Well, it's not the size issue that's difficult (as I resized the screens), it's the fact that the lava tiles are animated, and it's hard to see where one tile ends and begins.

straight-A easy peasy. use a grid! (I had no idea they were animated but the process is the same, use the character as a positioning reference)
Aw, thanks, broseph. I'll start work on the new version right now. I'll post an updated screen when I'm done. Sorry for hogging the page, guys.
IT'S FOR THE GREATER GOOD. i can think of a way you can pay me back. yeah I love ripping tiles EXCEPT WHEN I FUCK UP THE POSITIONING >:(

as soon as I have fixed this map i will post it.