DAWN'S LIGHT

post=101469
EDIT: The best part is that this probably has more sales than all of your games have downloads.

u kiddin me
Grandad: Stoooooop

Oh come now, don't be so relentless. I'd say it's about on par with FF4: The After Years, and we all know how GR8TT that game was. That means it's good enough to be on the wii!

It may only be October, but I feel confident that Dawn's Light is the best independent game release of 2009. It's so good that I wish it were possible to see a DS or WiiWare port of it. Dawn's Light‘s greatest point is the wonderful script and writing

Please tell me where you saw this. Please.

So Karsu and I were thinking about making a crappy RTP game to sell because we saw this game a few weeks ago

. . .
It may only be October, but I feel confident that Dawn's Light is the best independent game release of 2009. It's so good that I wish it were possible to see a DS or WiiWare port of it. Dawn's Light‘s greatest point is the wonderful script and writing

What a fucking bullshit review. I want to cut off the tongue of whoever wrote this.
edit: wait that was morbid

Hahaha what the hell, this is like some badly written manga. Marry me, ok.
post=101489
/quote]

I have to link this so many damn times, it should be my new avatar.

I only love Harvey and/or Virgil.
post=101473
EDIT: The best part is that this probably has more sales than all of your games have downloads.
I'd be surprised if more than 10 people actually bought this.

I am sorry to say this - but you are wrong.

I could go into a fair bit on the intricacies of the Amaranthia business model, but I'll sum it up like this: the people in that community do not know what RM* games are, nor do they care. The perceived quality of a product in the rpgmaker community and in the amaranthia community are different and run by totally different standards.

Here's the kicker: people in the amaranthia community buy things. Lots of things. They will and do buy RM* games we laugh at and mock. While I cannot be sure that this individual game will be successful, Amaranthia, a site founded by somebody who sells mediocre XP games, has definitely made it into the seven figures bracket.

No, I am not bluffing - I just wish I was.
Better get your mediocre XP game on the market now before it's saturated.
post=101492

wonderful script.
post=101508
post=101492
wonderful script.

I have to agree.
Yeah, the rest of us really should have been a little more enterprising. Here I am actually going into work every day . . .

I think this is indicative of how poorly the mainstream RPG market is serving its American audience. Thousands of people will pay good money for such an amateurish product because they perceive that it fits their taste in games better than million-dollar products at Gamestop that also cost $15-$30. I don't know about you guys, but with only a few exceptions, every console jRPG I play is worse than the last one.
who the hell would sell a game made in RM
post=101755
Yeah, the rest of us really should have been a little more enterprising. Here I am actually going into work every day . . .

I think this is indicative of how poorly the mainstream RPG market is serving its American audience. Thousands of people will pay good money for such an amateurish product because they perceive that it fits their taste in games better than million-dollar products at Gamestop that also cost $15-$30. I don't know about you guys, but with only a few exceptions, every console jRPG I play is worse than the last one.

While I do agree about the declining quality, I think this trend is more indicative of how stupid the average consumer is rather than any longing for a good jRPG.

When garbage like this gets released I have to wonder : how stupid do these developers think average fan is?

Looking at this, I can say "highly imbecilic"; and looking at the comments - who can disagree with them?
This is like the exact same topic as that one that came around a long while ago, where we got very mad over a shitty RM game getting sold. I forget the name of it, but I basically garnered the same responses from everybody.

But yeah, Karsu summed up what I was about to say.
Eternal Eden I think it was. I wrote a huge wall of text regarding how much effort to make these sort of games (zero).
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
DARKEN PLEASE TAKE ME AS YOUR BACKUP HUSBAND
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Meracle

really

even "Myracle" would be better
post=101489

Creator, I wish I could hate you to death.