DAWN'S LIGHT

tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm

You know, while it's not inspiringly designed (and by not inspiringly, I mean terribly) this looks like, done right, it might actually be a fun minigame.
They actually take money for this shit? O________O
post=101450
Another example: instead of having treasure chests hidden all over the place or even having random items hidden in every closet, pot, etc. in the game, all items can be found inside of barrels that can be found all over the place.

I don't really understand this. All this is is re-skinning treasure chests into something that makes even LESS sense. Why would someone hide an UBER FIRE SWORD OF CHAOS in a barrel?
Because the chests hold UBER FIRE SWORD OF CHAOS, barrels just contain health potions that you need because nothing drops meaningful amounts of cash anyways

(to be clear, it is still a fucking stupid 'feature')
GRS didn't you have a huge fuckton rant you were going to post here? Or is that exclusive for IRC? ):
GRS's amazing thought narration during his Dawn's Light playthrough.
Nope, trip reports are just IRC. If it was worth making a Let's Play of then I'd post links to it here but, based on how far I got, I think I can sum up the entire game:

This saddens me greatly. :<

Is it too much to ask that people put some actual effort into this? I mean come on.

Alphanuts for example has a commercial RM2K game called Sacred Tears TRUE. It's lightyears beyond all these shitty aveyonds and dark souls and eternal edens with their RTPs and copy pasted scripts and no effort showings, despite being on an inferior development platform. :<

Why can't we have more games like this if there are going to be commercial RM games?

STT Site for reference: http://alphanuts.jp/game_megami.html
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
I feel like selling a future game project, though if I do I really want to put some good effort into it and make something that I hope people can really enjoy.

I need money too. For fooooood. Feeeed me.

*Ocean releases a buggy RTP game with boring gameplay and generic story for $20*
post=102203
*Ocean releases a buggy RTP game with boring gameplay and generic story for $20*

HERES YOUR COMPETITION

*Darken poops out a buggy RTP game with boring gameplay and generic story for $20*

edit: seriously someone with actual RM skill should give these amaranth people some real competition.
post=102204
post=102203
HERES YOUR COMPETITION

*Darken poops out a buggy RTP game with boring gameplay and generic story for $20*

edit: seriously someone with actual RM skill should give these amaranth people some real competition.

I'm looking at you.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Real RM* skill? Here? Let's look at Exit Fate or something.
Is the game free to download or is it a trap to get you to buy it? It looks pretty rad and the alternative ending makes me so happy. John should create more games.
Have you like

read any of the topic at all?
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
post=102240
Is the game free to download or is it a trap to get you to buy it? It looks pretty rad and the alternative ending makes me so happy. John should create more games.

Get out of here!

Fucking kids these days.
post=102301
post=102240
Get out of here!

Fucking kids these days.

I think it was sarcasm?
nevermind lol
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
It's not sarcasm. If it is, its veil obscures the sarcasm too much.
Haha you guys are too funny, I shall pass on your compliments to John. I'll tell him you liked it so much you're posting his Youtube videos here so he can get more free publicity. You lot are as awesome as Dawn's Light.

Oh and you can get a discount on the price if you can't pay the $20, ask John, he is very understanding.
post=102346
Haha you guys are too funny, I shall pass on your compliments to John. I'll tell him you liked it so much you're posting his Youtube videos here so he can get more free publicity. You lot are as awesome as Dawn's Light.

Oh and you can get a discount on the price if you can't pay the $20, ask John, he is very understanding.

And you are...?