WE DID IT FIRST SCREENSHOT THREAD

Good job for what I assume is a beginner in the RM world. Just a few hints for you regarding RTP usage.

- Don't feel obliged to use all the chips. You could leave the lined house/wall tiles and just use the normal tile if you liked.
- Use a bit of long grass and add more dirt. Holding shift when placing an autotile will create the middle tile.
- Use more trees. And flowers. And even a bit of cliff or water to break up the empty spaces to the lower areas as well as behind the houses.

Otherwise a pretty good try. Nice! ^.^
Nice Realistic sized house Chartley, the map just needs a tad more detail. ;)

I re-made my Growth Grid! Thanks to Demondestiny. ;D

It's much more user friendly, easier on the eye (not so tacky) and now it even looks more like a grid. it's not completely finished yet and it doesn't look perfect, but i'm happy with it.

New Version:

Old Version (The only picture I have of it):
Good job for what I assume is a beginner in the RM world.
I've actually been around since 2001 or 2002, but I'm not much better than a beginner! :D
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Although the new one is a bit more organized and probably easier to use, I prefer the old one. It's not that hard to make a menu tile for your game LWG, plus it would keep up with the consistent look of your game.

Yeah, the old one was pretty good but the new one looks a lot better and seems to be a bit more detailed. Good job on that LWG.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
I like the new one!

Lawl Camera Angle Changes

Lawl bald chick.

Lawl bathing.

In all seriousness even though these things are implemented these are just mock ups <3 sorry =/.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
That camera angle thing is interesting.

But easy there. Mockups? We don't take too kindly to them around these parts.
author=WIP link=topic=5.msg12116#msg12116 date=1208320809
That camera angle thing is interesting.

But easy there. Mockups? We don't take too kindly to them around these parts.

It was an actual map.. but Im Re(1999)-re(2001)-re(2007)-re!!!(2007-2008) doing the game.. since its a more professional staff nowadays. (Artists, animators, musicians, composers, etc) So I deleted the maps and now Im redoing it with custom maps and what have you.. so those maps you wont see in the released Demo D:!!!!
I like the diffrent angle thing, but to be honest it looks kind of bland. All I could really see was bright blue and some empty grass at first, and the tree seemed out of perspective.

With a little work and some more details, it could be really cool.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
author=demondestiny link=topic=5.msg12104#msg12104 date=1208308707
Yeah, the old one was pretty good but the new one looks a lot better and seems to be a bit more detailed. Good job on that LWG.
Your just saying that because you gave him the tile set he used to make it PLUS it's the same one in your game? haha so your biased! ;)
shh... How did you know.

I happen to be a fan of his maps, especially this one. 8)
=/ Noone ever likes my mansion map. It's supposed to be all grass.. what else do you expect in a close up of a mansion? *tilts head* It wasnt half bad.. too bad I deleted it.. if it makes you guys feel better (didnt delete it because of the comments.. just because the game is going to be seven shades of awesome and I am a perfectionist and I thought I should use custom tilesets and blah blah blah blah) I decided a few days back to delete the 30 minute demo of mine and redo things. D: Like adding more camera angles, and and hiring Inquisitor to do custom maps.. but since his site is closed I'm playing a waiting game... *run on sentence*
I really like that sprite template. As for the grass thing, I think covering it with variations of the tall grass tile might do the trick. :) I've heard of the camera thing before, and it seems like some hard work - kudos if you can pull it off.

Experimenting with something other than RTP for once.
author=Chartley link=topic=5.msg12223#msg12223 date=1208402764
IMG
Experimenting with something other than RTP for once.

I have seen those tiles before. I like them a lot because they are so muted and squarish. I like when games don't pretend that they aren't tiled with confusing, grid-breaking tiles like Final Fantasy 6 and instead embrace their boxiness, making the most out of a little.
WIP
Where ARE those tiles from? I've always like the look of them.
You've probably seen them before, you've just never seen them used in such a beautiful way. That's my honest conclusion. They were all on Phylomortis before the site passed away. They're from this bonus CD thing from Enterbrain. I'd show you them, but I have no idea where they're hosted right now! Unless WIP is willing to put them in the resource site, maybe I'll submit them?
YDS
member of the bull moose party

This is for a contest entry. ;D