WE DID IT FIRST SCREENSHOT THREAD

Just messing around with Rpg Maker VX a little. This is a cave made using the random dungeon generator.
That actually looks good for a randomly generated dungeon o.o.
(Though I know you also edited alot of stuff/put stuff in there as well >.>)
Yeah, the random dungeon generator must be pretty sophisticated.
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
Is it bad that I think this random dungeon generator is doing a better job at mapping than a lot of people do?
author=Ocean link=topic=5.msg6760#msg6760 date=1198573009
Is it bad that I think this random dungeon generator is doing a better job at mapping than a lot of people do?

I think it's bad that people care about mapping so much :(:(

But yeah, it's pretty sad.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I really, really like that map. Good job with the RTP!
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Since this thread is in serious need of help, and the fact Ive posted this everywhere else I go, here, the Fates Of Alerha Inspired Screenshot.

author=Eijin link=topic=5.msg7184#msg7184 date=1199686302
Since this thread is in serious need of help, and the fact Ive posted this everywhere else I go, here, the Fates Of Alerha Inspired Screenshot.

I spy... a character!

J/K Looks badass.
It looks nice, but the random plant/flower thing is kinda overkill. I'd find it difficult to tell where I can walk.
Here's a few screens of me making scripts for RMXP, since I just don't like the originals.

I didn't like the original selectable window, so I redid it. Looks like nothing fancy except that it supports a pointy finger graphic by default and the current selected choice is sortof highlighted. Woooo.

But if there's too much to show (vertically), it creates a scrollbar! The scrollbar eats up some space, so the text has to be shrunk accordingly. So what if its too long? The text will be either cut into two lines which occupies the same vertical space (so its a bigger font and bolded so its easier to read), or if its a single word, it compresses it.

But that's not all folks! You can tell it to use multiple columns for when you have plenty of available (horizontal) space. Still functions as normal, but now with left/right inputs. And this screen shows that the window supports 'nil' options, why I have no idea. It's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist! :D

And this is just three columns, and an option that didn't come with an icon. Woooo.

Now for something completely different. I wasn't entirely happy with the original draw_text function so I further expanded it to support special in-string commaneds. It can change colours, toggle bold and italics, use a different font (which, if it doesn't exist, it defaults to its original), change font size (to a minimum of size 8, which is barely readable and much smaller crashes RMXP), and restore the font to its default value.

(not brought up is the header and footer windows scroll their text if the string is too long, if you have too much money it shows $lots, and that my code for the mini-status window is complete ass and needs to be rewritten+finished, its supposed to show more information if there's room to do so, aka you don't have 4 characters in your party)

Someday I'll get something done with all of this... there's still a few other things to complete for the selection script like anmations for the pointer and disabling input to the window.
GRS - neat. Poor baby, though...
Neat menu. Did you design the script yourself, or did you tweak someone else's? Aveyond II's menu looks almost identical.

90%+ of it was by me. There's some bits that I didn't know how to do (like getting the names of the map the player is on and the map its contained in, ect.) and I did use the default Windows_Selectable code as a basis for my own code (although I only read it, never copied a thing from it).

As for how it looks, I aimed for more of a mirrored FFE/FF7 menu crossbred with the WA3 menu with the Objective bar slapped on top.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Knight is really coming along, WIP!
Did WIP find someone to code sloping physics collisions?
yeah it does look good. It is made in ika isn't it?
Ive just put together a little room to show you how I deesign the level's
uploading now 2 second's...

) 1 sec

hmm nopt sure if it's just me but roll the mouse icon over the image and press Shift and R

(improve's quality of image) or press ctrl and F5

Never posted a screenshot in here before so this is my first.

This is the newest Demon Destiny title screen that i created. What really surprises me about this is that it only took like 10 minutes to create and i am like the worst artist on the planet. ;D
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Let's see some in-game shots, dude!

donline, I'm not a huge fan of the style you have, but it's pretty cool to see how you progress in making the maps.