ELEMENTS AND FINAL BOSSES

Pages: first prev 123 last
post=117109
Thread revival with an idea:

Elemental tanking. This character attracts Fire attacks, etc. Also, this skill reduces the chance that the ally is targeted with Fire attacks, etc.

Discuss.

Unless that character is already fire resistant, I'd definitely slap on some fire resist gear if it's available. The defend command may also be worthwhile for once if I run into a heavily fire based encounter and therefore know who will receive the brunt of the attacks.

How this actually plays out will depend on other factors such as whether or not you can choose who's gonna have that skill and how flexible the equipment selection is. If the majority of fire attacks in a certain dungeon are magic based, the player could choose a character with high magic defense to tank fire attacks and then give that character equipment with fire resist and/or high magic defense. If the character who attracts fire attacks is set in stone and equipment is inflexible, there's not so much the player can do in terms of strategy.
One trick I've used is to give a boss an elemental weakness, but have the boss respond by resisting that element for the remainder of the round. This way, you are encouraged to have an exploiter in your party, but not encouraged to have all 4 characters spamming the same element.
Surprised Nyx hasn't been mentioned here yet. 14 "forms" all with differing elemental efficiencies and attacks, making no party all that better than any other, coupled with the fight being extremely long (Took me around 45-60 mins and I didn't have most of the high-end Personae that most people use) and that a single mistake or strong attack on the MC can force you to start from the top again equals a well done final boss.

Persona 4's final boss on the other hand switched to no elemental efficiency (Bar Light and Dark, but that was obvious) instead making up for it in being a good amount more dangerous (Atleast for me).
Pages: first prev 123 last