I NEED HELP WITH FONT!!!

Pages: 1
Hey guys. I'm a newbie, I guess you could say. I'm not bad at design, but would SOMEONE please give me a specific tutorial on how to get good font for RM2K3????

And if someone could explain to me how to get a message box that holds 4 lines instead of 3...

thanks!!!

mantlecore77
Font Issue
I'm assuming you're getting the horrible looking font where letters run together and it looks like a blind kid made it. If you want to make a new font and put it into your RPG Maker game, I can't help you there.

Download this, and put the msgothi0.ttf and msmincho.ttf files into your Windows/Font directory and see if that fixes the problem.

If it doesn't, try replacing your RPG_RT.exe with the one in the .rar. If that doesn't do it...

4 Line Issue
RM2k(3) supports four lines by default. If you're writing a message and you can't get to the fourth line by pushing Enter, try pushing down. The fourth line likely already exists but it's empty and it looks like you only have three lines.
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
The 3 line thing happened to me before. If what GRS said doesn't work, I'd suggest getting a patch for it. 1.08 or something.
Welcome to RMN, Great Red Spirit!

Also, mantlecore77, listen to the wisdom of GRS.
author=GreatRedSpirit link=topic=522.msg6960#msg6960 date=1199138651
Font Issue
I'm assuming you're getting the horrible looking font where letters run together and it looks like a blind kid made it. If you want to make a new font and put it into your RPG Maker game, I can't help you there.

Download this, and put the msgothi0.ttf and msmincho.ttf files into your Windows/Font directory and see if that fixes the problem.

If it doesn't, try replacing your RPG_RT.exe with the one in the .rar. If that doesn't do it...

4 Line Issue
RM2k(3) supports four lines by default. If you're writing a message and you can't get to the fourth line by pushing Enter, try pushing down. The fourth line likely already exists but it's empty and it looks like you only have three lines.

Ahhh, GRS, your idea is great and all but the file you gave me isn't working on my computer.
Alright, here's the same file but in the zip variety.

I never knew that there was an actual bug for 3 lines instead of 4, interesting. I assumed it was just missing that the fourth line was empty because I used to make that mistake.

And thanks for the welcome Kentona ;)
author=GreatRedSpirit link=topic=522.msg6970#msg6970 date=1199144527
Alright, here's the same file but in the zip variety.

I never knew that there was an actual bug for 3 lines instead of 4, interesting. I assumed it was just missing that the fourth line was empty because I used to make that mistake.

And thanks for the welcome Kentona ;)

Wow! Thanks, GRS!
That really helps a lot!
Pages: 1