RM2K(3) LOVERS, FIGHT!

Pages: first prev 1234 last
post=109959
Well, the problem is that if one is going to use a different engine, they might as well use one that is much more capable/easier to use than 2k/3. This is the same song and dance that even I did. The reason I quit is because I decided to just write a fresh engine because while fun, it's sort of pointless to write an RPG2k/3 clone.

NRRRRR HOW DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS

The reason people are excited about this is because IT'S NOT LEARNING A NEW ENGINE

Everything they are used to is going to be the same or extremely similar, but with the ridiculous quirks we all wish would change changed and some additional stuff to help us out. The reason this is exciting is because, like Ramza said, it's just a major upgrade to what we like (FOR WHATEVER REASON STOP THIS DEBACLE OF A DEBATE ABOUT WHICH RPGMAKER IS BETTER) not an entirely new program.

Christ, it's like you guys have a thought and then make sure you never lose it by reminding everybody on your stance at every chance.

edit: LET'S ARGUE ABOUT THINGS ON THE INTERNET CONSTANTLY
If you have no idea what an argument is about, don't get involved for the sake of throwing in your two cents. This isn't directed at WolfCoder, this is directed at most of the internet that does this constantly. There was a time that people only argued about things that they felt passionately about! ANCIENT GREECE I'M BRINGING IT BACK BABY
There was a time that people only argued about things that they felt passionately about!

Hahahaha, oh Kaempfer, you card!
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Can you explain what makes this project different from RPG Maker? It sure looks like a step ahead of RM2k(3), but doesn't it fall under the same lines as RMXP and RMVX?

What makes this project worth our attention? What features seperate it from the RPG makers other than better graphic resolutions and size limits?
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
Can you explain what makes this project different from RPG Maker? It sure looks like a step ahead of RM2k(3), but doesn't it fall under the same lines as RMXP and RMVX?

What makes this project worth our attention? What features seperate it from the RPG makers other than better graphic resolutions and size limits?
This page seems to describe the features that will be present in TURBU upon completion.

Of worthy mention are support for IT/S3M audio, GIF support (PNG would suffice for this context, though), and the ability to read in RM2K and RM2K3 games.

For non-Windows users, I presume that at a later date the program will also be able to run natively under Linux and so forth as well once low-level support for that is complete.
Well RPGVirtuoso, you have my moral support. I'd like to see this become something.
kentona
I am tired of Earth. These people. I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives.
Wow, that site is well organized. I am actually more keen on this now. A lot has been done already.
post=110159
...There was a time that people only argued about things that they felt passionately about! ANCIENT GREECE I'M BRINGING IT BACK BABY

I always argue about things I feel passionately about. I'm also passionate about arguing.
Pages: first prev 1234 last