THE LEGEND OF HEROES (A TEAR OF VERMILLION)

Pages: 1
One of those "whatever" purchases at GameStop for $10. Have any of you guys played it? What'd you think?
the title is not generic enough for me.
The game is so generic that even "I" won't play it. X_X;
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
The name 'The Legend of Heros' makes me think "there's already enough" Too generic for me to care.
I played the entire Legend of Heroes series when they were new and I was excited to play literally anything on PSP.

It was not really great but was not quite exceptionally bad either. The light, digestible anime writing was good enough to keep my occupied in bed before I went to sleep every night. What do you think about it?
I said this in the PSP topic.
post=115665
I thought was pretty fun, if very generic. The translation wasn't great, but didn't render it unplayable, or anything. I've heard that it was really well written in Japanese, though...

Yeah, it was enjoyable enough. Apparently they changed the battle system from the Japanese PC version as well, I think it was originally more tactical. Also, I seem to remember hearing about someone ostensibly from the localisation team going to some forum or other and defending the translation...

I liked the xylophoney menu SFX, as well.
Allegedly these games have had shoddy localizations and the writing is much better in the original versions. Oh well.
Avin was Flamethower learned!

The localization is hilarious and takes away any sense of seriousness the game might have. Some of the stuff the game says is so funny...The story itself is alright. Young man sets out with his buddy on a journey that has no destination to find his missing sister, never heard that one before eh?

The music is fairly sub-par, but it's not terrible. I guess I've just been playing Half Minute Hero so much, with it's incredibly beastly music, that my standards are too high.

As for the battle system, I quite like it for the moment. It feels like a mesh between a tactics game and Final Fantasy X's strategy-based battles. Though the enemies at the moment are fairly easy, I've read that they get much harder during the latter half of the game.

I guess it's just okay.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
that's so freaky - I just picked that one up as a whatever purchase too. Havn't played it yet. I was kinda pissed off at the EB I was at when I bought it, because I was also going to buy a copy of that Joan of rk game, but they "couldn't find it." which was certainly possible considering the boxing day week, but I left feeling like he might've been able to find it if he looked longer - or perhaps I fell afoul of the employee rental policy...

ANYWAY

I didn't even realise there were three of these, let along this singular one. Talk about under the radar...
post=116545
I played the entire Legend of Heroes series when they were new and I was excited to play literally anything on PSP.

It was not really great but was not quite exceptionally bad either. The light, digestible anime writing was good enough to keep my occupied in bed before I went to sleep every night. What do you think about it?

This. Although there were times when I was inexplicably addicted to it, even though it's not that interesting.
Pages: 1