AZURE DREAMS...SORT OF.

Pages: first prev 12 last
Outside of gameplay/mechanics stuff, the game also had a vaguely Arabian/Middle-Eastern theme going with the music and setting which I really liked. I especially LOVED the main town theme that sounded like it could be a Moroccan marketplace. I think it's great when games really try to evoke a particular theme and culture rather than just going for the usual what-Japanese-writers-think-medieval-Europe-was-like type setting. That theme was definitely one of the cooler things about the game for me, although someone really should have told the character designer you don't wear hotpants in the desert unless you want skin cancer.

I'd like to take the Arabian idea further if I ever did a fan spinoff/sequel thing, maybe make the buildings look more Eastern, make it so some of the monsters are based on mythology from that region (Djinn?) and dammit, I want to see women walking around busy markets balancing pots on their heads. Also men should wear fezes. It's just a setting you can have a lot of fun with.
Pages: first prev 12 last