SUBSCRIBE TO MY KICKASS YOUTUBE CHANNEL.

Pages: first prev 12 last
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
more rmn bros vids plox
post=142687
I'm going to ask this here, it seems relevant:

Why would you want to watch someone else play a game when you could play it yourself?

EDIT: I'm not trying to be flippant/sarcastic, this is an honest question.

True story: Almost two years ago I uploaded a 59-video Let's Play of Shantae. This was long before the new DSi sequel was announced. Later, in a Nintendo Power interview, one of the developers revealed that they had watched gameplay videos of the original to get an idea of what players liked and what they didn't. A few weeks after that I got a message from said developer confirming he had indeed seen the videos and thanking me for the series. Shantae continues to be my most popular LP.

So, if the developer watches someone play his own game, he gets a real-time account of that player's thoughts and feelings as he's playing it. And that's useful insight, especially to a budding indie developer, because it is pure, uncut feedback on a game as it's happening. Hmm... isn't RMN a site full of budding indie developers eager for feedback on a bunch of different game design subjects?

Well, either that, or they're fucking funny. (Mine are pretty fucking funny.)

Interesting stuff. Once you start making game videos on YT, you don't tend to stop... I know this trait very well. :3 Keep goin' though buddy. You'll get there.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
post=142728
Well, either that, or they're fucking funny. (Mine are pretty fucking funny.)

Gogo Iowa Jack.

F-G: I usually don't find video LPs interesting (I really like well-done screenshot LPs, though), but, well... Brickroad is the reason I am entertained by both. He's witty, knowledgeable, and knows sprite artists with really sexy voices.

(F-G: if you want to check out good screenshot LPs, check out (one of) Brick's FF1 LPs or GRS's Destiny of an - er, looks like the link is broken. Well, try http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Pokemon%20Quartz/index.html if you dare.)

Brick: Do you have any blind LPs, or are all of them games you've played before?
There are a few blind ones. Bionic Commando and Mega Man 5 (game boy versions) are both blind. So is 8 Eyes, but that one sucks. And of course RMN Bros. =)
Watching LPs, for me, reminds me of watching my older brother play nintendo games in our shared bedroom. And I'm not sure why I enjoyed that, but I did.

In any case, watching an LP is like playing the game without playing it, for me. Most LP-ers know the game they are playing inside and out, so it's neat to hear their insights, if any at all.
post=142687

Why would you want to watch someone else play a game when you could play it yourself?

Why play a game when you can watch someone play it instead? :D

In honesty I usually watch LPs of games I would never play or already played years ago but the LPer puts a spin on it (say a low percent run or some 150% speed run). Also good commentary is the main reason you'd ever watch an LP.

@Brick: That is actually a pretty cool story. Man I'm totally bummed out I never kept my shantae cartridge especially since I recently bought a purple transparent GBC awhile back. That game is like 100 dollars on ebay now or something. p.s. I'm not sure why I watched the 8eyes LP in it's entirety but I remember wanting to play that game cause it looked like a cool castlevania clone, but thankfully your LP now makes me steer clear of it.
post=142687

Because it's funny/cool/creative to see others put their own spin and flair on it.
post=142687

Well, what if you don't own the game or have the ability to own it? And you want to see it right away?

I watch them sometimes. Usually I never watch them all the way through, though, unless it's something cool that I really want to see to the end. The only ones I can recall off-hand that I have seen all the way through is Chuggaaconroy's LP of Mother 1, Necroscope86's Metal Gear Solid LP, and...umm...

...is that all? Huh...
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
post=142687
Because some LPers have sexy British accents (hi Malefact hi SovanJedi)

(And what Feldshtricantbelieveitsnotmoghatct said)
If you want the greatest screenshot LP, read Nakar's Ultima 4-7p2 LPs. He hits his stride in 6 and it's hilarious and informative (if you like seeing just how you can break a game to pieces and Steve being a giant bitch in general).

Utlima 4 - Quest for the Avatar, 5 - Warriors of Destiny, and 6 - The False Prophet
Ultima 7 - The Black Gate
Ultima 7 - Serpent Isle

Craze: The server is back up (although everything is lost) and I'll be putting the DoaE LP back up tonight or so. I'll throw a link in here when it's done.
coolest screenshot LP i've seen is Eddie's LP of FFT. He goes in-depth about each class, all their skills, and strategies on winning each battle, not to mention his presentation is superb. He even beats wiegraf as a BARD. It's still in progress, but he's in the latter half of the game.

Docfuture's LP's are always great as well, especially his Sonic Jam Easy Mode (his most famous one) and his Tryrush Deppy and Super Tempo LPs.

Also Sirronlionheart. Oh god.
post=143032
Sonic Jam Easy Mode (his most famous one).

Everyone I showed this to couldn't stop watching it.
this is the worst youtube channel i have ever subscribed to

lazrael would never be this square
Pages: first prev 12 last