MAKING A CUSTOM FONT

Pages: 1
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Okay, so I found a font that is the one used in Chrono Trigger. I want to use it in my RMXP game. But the problem is, it's not a real font file. It's just a series of .bmp pictures designed for use in a program called Bitmap Font Writer.

I want to create a real font, one that can be used in RPG Maker. Can anyone recommend a program that would be good for creating a font that I already have bitmap images of? I downloaded High-Logic Font Creator, but it is indecipherable and doesn't seem to let me paste in bitmaps. I am okay with ending up with a crappy monospaced font.

Alternately, if anyone has a proper Chrono Trigger font lying around, that would save me a ton of work. But I couldn't find one on google.
I have used Font Creator before, and have never had an issue. How are you attempting to import the current font? If the letters are all separate BMP files, you can select the Glyph that you want to change. Right click once in the editor and choose "Import Image..." After that all that is left to do is resize it so that if stretches from the Baseline to the height needed. Note that unless you have a registered version of the software, you will only be able to test the font, not install or save it.

-LS
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Ah, so I have to import it, not just paste it. I'll need to split all the letters into seperate BMP files then, I guess.

But if I can't save it, then that's rubbish. Know of a free font creator?
http://fontstruct.fontshop.com/

Use this, I used it for my Typography Module. It's pretty good.
LockeZ
post=206054
http://fontstruct.fontshop.com/Use this, I used it for my Typography Module. It's pretty good.

This is fucking amazing and you are a genius. Mad props. My awesome font is now complete.

Too bad this site doesn't have an actual resources database where I can upload these totally sweet Chrono Trigger fonts I just made. Oh well, you guys can download the truetype and monospaced versions from this forum topic if you want to use either of them in your games. I'll submit it to the resources sections of HBGames and RRR, I guess.
Your best bet would be to go to google and type in your question.

Hope that helps.
Pages: 1