I HAVE COME TO SHOW YOU MY SPRITES.

Pages: 1

I made these chickens! :DD. Aren't you proud of me?

Anyway... they're original sprites from the ground up. I had some pictures of chickens to look at, but otherwise these babies are entirely original. Don't they look delicio- I mean, adorable?

I'll eventually post all the animals I make as resources, once I've got them all done. All in all, it will include these chickens, a cow, and a dog ripped from Seiken Densetsu 3. Not a lot, I know, but I'm going to start small.

So... what do you think of my chickens? My favorite part is the rooster's tail. What I don't like is how I only have three frames, so I can't have them pick up their feet as they step forwards- like chickens are famous for doing. And the hen's tail looks sort of weird, I think I made it move too much. What says you?

They're amazing. The animation is really nice and subtle, great job.
author=maoville link=topic=705.msg9353#msg9353 date=1203393279
Who is DD?

I find your lack of imagination disturbing.

*Ahem I so did not make a lame Starwars joke right there. Nope, I sure didn't.*

It's a double-smiley, to demonstrate the utmost joy or pride. Here, let me demonstrate;

:D

See, that's happy.

:DD

That's happier.

Forgive me, it's become common practice out of habit. I'm a happy person.
Very nice, and yes, it is sad that they can't throw their legs jup as they run, but nice nonetheless. I think I like the rooster more tjhen the hen. Also, is that the size they will be in-game, or is that just a blowup for a better idea?
author=myersguy link=topic=705.msg9362#msg9362 date=1203397406
Very nice, and yes, it is sad that they can't throw their legs jup as they run, but nice nonetheless. I think I like the rooster more tjhen the hen. Also, is that the size they will be in-game, or is that just a blowup for a better idea?

Of COURSE that's the real ingame size. His game runs in 40x30 resolution.
... Point taken. Although he could have been using unreasonabley large pixelated sprites in a normal resoloution.
Naa, that isn't their original size. I just took a screenshot (Prnt Scrn) while I was zoomed in and working on them. In reality, they fit quite nicely into RPG maker.

Here, for example;

(It's a little blurry, because it's a jpg)

They would, however, look very big if used in a game with normal RTP-style sprites and backgrounds.
wow, I love your graphics in game!
author=myersguy link=topic=705.msg9398#msg9398 date=1203490088
wow, I love your graphics in game!

Heh, it's mostly Seiken Densetsu 3 rips right now- I edit things a lot, though, to get some of the content I need. The character is also original. But I do plan to make a few chipsets from the ground up... maybe I'll show them here, too, if nobody minds.
Pages: 1