WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

I'm currently trying to code an MP drain skill to be unable to drain more MP than the caster is missing. (RPG Maker MV)

So far, my code doesn't seem to accomplish what I need:
<Pre-Damage Eval>
var mpMissing = user.mmp-user.mp;
var cap = Math.min(mpMissing, target.mp);
value = Math.min(cap, value);
</Pre-Damage Eval>
hello, i'm thinking about making an RPG about myself and my personal life with a little TRON-esque twist, meaning i get a new game console to try out, only to be pulled into the console, while a program within the console tries to take over my life.

i call it RNG, which is a gamer term of course, and also goes along the random plot, by all means tell me whatcha think.
Welp! Outside of fixing up one boss for this dungeon, done with this dungeon outright after 3-4 years! No reason it should've taken THAT long but...ya know, revamping the entire game and fixing bugs here and there and all that. Last thing I need is for anyone to become one with the woodwork again >_>;

Gotta figure out just exactly what I really want to do with this boss though. It's not....bad or anything, but it feels...not that exciting? And then I have one other miniboss for the current section I'm working on to fix up, and then I'm into brand new territory. Territory of which I forgot existed...thought next part was going to be Gloom, but instead next part was another party's mini-segment. Really short dungeon, probably 3-4 monsters total, and 3 bosses (one of which will replace a party member when she leaves after the fight). Trying to come up with interesting and unique ideas for them (while the first two are still going to reuse things from their previous fights, the last one is brand new and needs a good unique gimmick to her). And then...gotta figure out what to do with Gloom and her skillset, and then what skills will transfer over to Hope when she gets access to that skillset. Argh! >_<

Well, at least I don't have to worry about mapping for a good long while. Still have 2 dungeons left for beta5 to map out but still no ideas on how to handle them yet...
Working on a Perudo/Liar's Dice gambling game

I am adding more mechanics into my Nightvale metroidvania project. Its quite fun, I can swim now. I am getting closer and closer to get rid of concept/prealpha title. Then I will fully go into development of alpha versions as time progresses.
Still miss the option, zone to zone transition and minimap for the castle. That minimap will be hard to code >_<, besides everything else is working, yay!

Well, I have just created a text phraser in RMVXace with the help of some keyboard and text input.
The idea is to make a detective text adventure in Rpg maker, complete with people typing in semi natrual text to continue conversations.
When I play RPGs, I'm always worried that treasure chests are none too pleased to be relieved on their contents. So I decided that my treasure chests will do so with a smile.

Mostly just trying to get up off my duff to keep working on the game now that the proof of concept is finished but it's sooooo harrrrdddd.
author=SgtMettool
When I play RPGs, I'm always worried that treasure chests are none too pleased to be relieved on their contents. So I decided that my treasure chests will do so with a smile.

Nice,except if it was a mimic that will be just creppy...
author=WhiteFog
Mostly just trying to get up off my duff to keep working on the game now that the proof of concept is finished but it's sooooo harrrrdddd.
It also happens to me...you just need to gather your shit up...but dont try too hard ambitious games don't end up very well sometimes you need to easy up your way in game making.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
SgtMettool

That's adorable. I can't wait for your next project~

I've been working on all the basework for karsu and I's project (the one I've been sharing about bit by bit for the past few months), because it's a pretty complex game under-the-hood. It's easily the most advanced game I've made. I've already rewritten pretty much all of the damage, accuracy, buff, etc. code in the game.

Today, I was working on stat weights based on character passives.

(I still need to add rarity tags to equipment, so Lyla doesn't get the full Magic yet. Also, there are way more characters who do this -- I'm just starting to add them in from our 64-page design doc.)

However, in the process of doing this, I completely broke the "new stats" display in the equip scene... the temporary actor used by the RGSS3 to view the equip's changes was immediately unequipping anything I put on it. So that took me like 30 minutes to fix. I'm blaming Lyla even though it's not her fault.

AT LEAST IT'S FIXED NOW

bonus! that rewritten damage shit i mentioned! god this stuff is so long and has like 205 sub-methods... but it's so cleannn nowwww

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # overwrite method: make_damage_value
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def make_damage_value(user, item)
    value = lunatic_damage_formula(user, item)

rate = 100.00 

# Damage type/direction split
    if !item.damage.recover? # not healing
      if item.physical? # let's get physical
        rate += user.get_buff(0)  # Attack
        rate *= self.pdr
      end
      if item.magical?
        rate += user.get_buff(1)  # Magic
        rate *= self.mdr
      end
      rate *= mod_any_damage(user)
      rate *= 100.00 - self.get_buff(2); rate /= 100.00 # Defense
      rate *= item_element_rate(user, item) # ATTRIBUTES
      case item.damage.element_id
      when 1 # Steel
        rate *= mod_steel_damage(user)
      when 2 # Arcane
        rate *= mod_arcane_damage(user)
      when 3 # Psionic
        rate *= mod_psionic_damage(user)
      when 4 # Primal
        rate *= mod_primal_damage(user)
      when 5 # Heavenly
        rate *= mod_heavenly_damage(user)
      end

else # is healing
      rate *= self.rec
      rate *= mod_any_heal(user)
    end

# finally apply that generated rate
    value = value * rate
    value /= 100.00

# fix it in post
    value = apply_critical(value) if @result.critical
    value = apply_variance(value, item.damage.variance)
    value = apply_guard(value)

# annd send it out
    @result.make_damage(value.to_i, item)
    rate_ele = item_element_rate(user, item)
    make_rate_popup(rate_ele) unless $game_temp.evaluating
  end
Uh, craze? I suggest you change the checks in the param_plus method to check actor ID instead of name in case, you know, you decide to change their names at some point. Just in case :)

I imagine that balancing equipment with that system on must be difficult. Though it is pretty neat.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
We're not changing the names. We're far more likely to change the order in the database. thanks for the patronizing tip though (also if you're really worried about something like that, do what I'm doing with -equipment- and add a tagging system. Something like Risetti's Flame would be <tag: risettiflame> so that I can check for the tag in the code instead of a name or id.

It's not difficult at all. Rarities 1/2/3/4 get 2/3/5/7 stat points (HP is worth 5 points, Barrier (temp hp) is worth 2). Lyla (and similarly-scaling characters) are intended to scale hard lategame, to make up for a weaker earlygame or for their tradeoffs. Lyla, for example, has negative effects tied to her two healing abilities. In return, she gets amazing stats if you build her with Heavenly-attributed gear in mind.

I know what I'm doing. =| probably
author=SgtMettool

You should probably add some extra pixels of height to the chest as it opens, to give it a more 3D feel. Right now it looks as if the top is just twisting into nothingness and completely vanishing.

i'm trying to do a little walk around template. at this stage, it mostly needs cleanup, but i'm afraid it's a bit generic looking
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
@supersonicsoda: Biggest thing bothering me about it right now are the legs. Instead of having them spread out like that, close some distance between the lower leg segments to make it look more like a relaxed, human stance.

I'd also ditch any hard outlines on the chin area, since it kind of flattens out the face. Adding one of your darker highlights there would look better.
thanks, that actually helped! I guess that's what was looking awkward aha

i've gone and done all the views (along with finetuning the original)

Im currently finishing making the maps for my game...

Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
RCGarcia, your lights are a little too glaring; are you using a blending method other than 'normal?' Overlay is a fantastic blending setting for lighting. As it is, it just looks like too much yellow instead of actual lights. Also, I love the dark and gritty feel, but there's..... to much grit in your gritty. Your noise filter overlay makes it look like I'm playing the game through a screen protector that got sand on it
The lights are a bit much. But I like the presentation, it reminds me of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain.
author=Pyramid_Head
it reminds me of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain.

This is also the first thought that popped in to my head.

author=riderx40
It also happens to me...you just need to gather your shit up...but dont try too hard ambitious games don't end up very well sometimes you need to easy up your way in game making.

Yeah. Most of the systems are in place so honestly at this point it's almost entirely game creation. I need to stop messing around and just get to work on it. Especially considering its been received mostly favorably so far.