GUYS, DON'T FORGET TO HELP OUT YOU FELLOW GAME MAKERS BY TV TROPING IT UP!

Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
Wikipedia would smite them nigh-instantaneously.
Wikipedia has but a few entries on RPG Maker games. Wikipedia is a lot more strict and only the best known of RPG Maker games are given entries. What exactly constitutes as a worthy RPG Maker game is up for debate, however.
I think discussing the viability of this would have a little more weight if there wasn't three pages of it in this topic and literally nothing else done.
Solitayre
That's pretty much all you can expect from this community.

For reference, a while back I created this page.

I shared it with that game's community, they thought it was neat, and they quickly pounced on it, adding tropes, descriptions, theories, discussion, all kinds of stuff. The creator's of the game thought it was really cool to see other peoples' interpretations of their game.

When I brought this idea to this community, people mostly scoffed, thought it was stupid, complained that they didn't think anyone would make pages for their game, and didn't accomplish anything. So no, I don't really have any faith in the community to do something like this. In fact, the staff has come up with a couple ideas over the last year or so that we ultimately decided not to go forward with because we knew the community would ruin it.
author=Feldschlacht IV
I think discussing the viability of this would have a little more weight if there wasn't three pages of it in this topic and literally nothing else done.

Have patience, mon frere. I am going to do what I said I was going to do because I made the commitment (it will probably be Balmung Saga) at which time I will do a page on the faux-wikipedia. I need to get all my zen and feng-shuis and chakras in alignment first, though.
RMN has an attitude problem.
I've only played Hero's Realm up until Chapter two (still playing it), but I'm editing the page right now. Feel free to add in a hell of a lot more when I'm done. I'll include some categories and the guys who've finished the game can fill in the blanks.

It's not much, but hopefully you guys can do the rest while I continue playing the game and find some more for myself. Hero's Realm is probably the only game I'll be making tropes for, though.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Ptitle4dfnlasf

I wrote those. If I'm wrong on how some of these work, forgive me. Fix 'em at your leisure.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
author=kentona

That's because no one wants an RMN game to get recognition unless it's their game.
I added one trope to the Hero's Realm page, but I admittingly shamelessly plagiarized it from the page for that trope. I would add more but have not played Hero's Realm! Speaking of which, it would behoove the TVtropes rpgmaker SpecOps team to work on the summary of games before adding more trope entries.
Not a bad start, guys. I'll help out myself soon in a few minutes.

author=Sailerius
author=kentona
That's because no one wants an RMN game to get recognition unless it's their game.

Little do these people know is that the more a game gets recognized, it helps all of us.

Feldschlacht is completely right. We need to promote either some of the games here or this community. I don't know if tv tropes will do it, however, I'm uncertain of its publicity.

We should start by changing this communities name, it's gone a bit more beyond just RM games, as WIP intended. I think its a limiting factor.

Let's call it RPG Makers Network. For people who make RPG games, nut just use RM.

Then we can try to hit up some publicity outlets. What's a good PR-like place to be?
Solitayre
Only thing I can add is: don't write these articles as members of RMN, or slanted towards RMN in any way. Write them as completely neutral third parties. RMN should probably not even be mentioned in the articles except perhaps to say where it's available from. These articles are not advertisements.
author=Solitayre
Only thing I can add is don't write these articles as members of RMN, or slanted towards RMN in any way. Write them as completely neutral third parties. RMN should probably not even be mentioned in the articles except perhaps to say where it's available from. These articles are not advertisements.

Duly noted. I changed some of the intro description to fit what you said.
That kind of discussion is probably better suited to another thread, but I stand by my opinion that tvtropes is not the way to go about getting exposure. At the very best, doing this for that purpose would be woefully inefficient.

Only thing I can add is: don't write these articles as members of RMN, or slanted towards RMN in any way. Write them as completely neutral third parties. RMN should probably not even be mentioned in the articles except perhaps to say where it's available from. These articles are not advertisements.

This kind of thing bugged me about the Visions and Voices article.
made in six weeks by well-known RM duo Karsuman and Craze.
Hrm.
yeah, the three different links to RMN in the Hero's Realm article is a bit overzealous

i think they get the point

doesn't kentona have a Hero's Realm website too? linking to that seems like it would be more appropriate
I'm going to 'reverse link' some of the tropes listed so that their original pages with the examples of 'where they're from' also link back to the Hero's Realm trope pages.
author=cho
yeah, the three different links to RMN in the Hero's Realm article is a bit overzealous

i think they get the point

doesn't kentona have a Hero's Realm website too? linking to that seems like it would be more appropriate

The only link to RMN now is kentona's profile.
Solitayre
author=Jericho
That kind of discussion is probably better suited to another thread, but I stand by my opinion that tvtropes is not the way to go about getting exposure. At the very best, doing this for that purpose would be woefully inefficient.

This is a topic worth discussing. Feel free to make a thread about it if you like.

The new Hero's Realm page is starting to take shape, I will probably start adding a few things to it myself soon.

There are also a handful of RMN games already on the site, including Alter AILA, Dhux's Scar, Iron Gaia, Avarice, Vacant Sky, The Longing Ribbon, The Way, Visions and Voices, Master of the Wind, and more. Most of these pages were made by argh/Fool I think. If you guys have questions about anything, he'd probably be a good guy to ask.

author=Jericho
This kind of thing bugged me about the Visions and Voices article.
made in six weeks by well-known RM duo Karsuman and Craze.
Hrm.

Yeah, that's a good example of bias. Feel free to remove it, those pages aren't the place for that.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
Radnen
Let's call it RPG Makers Network. For people who make RPG games, nut just use RM.
Just saying that a person who makes RPGs is an "RPG Maker(.net)".

EDIT: Was that a sarcastic jab? On further thought, "RPG Makers" can also imply the collection of RM engines proper.
I'm trying to upload an image (the game's logo) to HR's Trope Page, but the sites image uploader isn't being cooperative and the site doesn't support hotlinking. Help?