OLD SCHOOL DEBATE. CTR VS. MK64, VS. DKR, VS. SP

Pages: first prev 12 last
Mario Kart for the SNES was the best. Mario Kart 64 was pretty good too. I didn't care for Diddy Kong Racing. It seemed to me that the racers were horribly unbalanced.

never had a playstation. that's too new and fancy.

*goes back to playing Rock n' Roll Racing*
Maybe the other games had more map/background detail or whatever, but I mean at the time I think MK had pretty sweet graphics.

Nobody's using graphics as their reasoning, in our opinion, CTR was simply the better game. It met and exceeded (and added to) all of the concepts that Mario Kart put on the table in terms of gameplay.
author=undefined
Mario Kart for the SNES was the best. Mario Kart 64 was pretty good too. I didn't care for Diddy Kong Racing. It seemed to me that the racers were horribly unbalanced.

never had a playstation. that's too new and fancy.

The N64 came out after the Playstation.
author=undefined
Errors have been spotted.
1. Characters in carts are sprites
2.Fog was used to block the excessive blockyness of that stage.
3.Fog was not new.
4.CTR had for players.
5.Gex had better looking visuals.

Otherwise, nice opinion.

I never said characters were not sprites. I didn't really mean to imply that MK was the first to use fog, just that it was new for that generation of systems. CTR might have had four players but I doubt many people had a multi-tap. Few PS games had 4players and since there was no ordering stuff online it was probably pretty hard to get a multi-tap.

author=undefined
Nobody's using graphics as their reasoning
The OP talked about graphics.

I found that Crash Team Racing was the best game at the time, It looked better and had more track detail then all the other games.

It uses Polygonal characters (Like SP and DKR) Mario Kart used Sprites.)

Even what you said about technical quality, to me, would seem to include graphics.

author=undefined
Yeah, in terms of technical quality and fun factor, Crash Team Racing is the best kart racing game of its kind. Seriously.
I'm not the guy that said "Nobody's using graphics as their reasoning." That's the other guy.
Yeah I'm 'the other guy'. I'm always 'the other guy'. When am I gonna be some appreciated once in a while
Yeah, I guess I didn't really separate that clearly. First part was meant for jakandsig and since I always save the best for last, that part's for you Feld ;) *round of appluase*

:P
author=kentona
B)
author=Feldschlacht IV
Yeah I'm 'the other guy'. I'm always 'the other guy'. When am I gonna be some appreciated once in a while
it's cos you black
Magi
Resident Terrapin
I feel ancient seeing people regard these games as old school. I still have my Diddy Kong Racing cartridge and have 100% completion on it, but some of my favorite old school racers were games like Top Gear 2, Stunt Race FX, and Mario Kart; all for the SNES (I am aware only one of these is a kart game).
Top Gear? Am I the only guy who played ADVENTURE!?
Pages: first prev 12 last