UPCOMING RMN UPDATES (01/24/2011)

tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
you know, i for one am perfectly happy to see stricter moderation. it's only a problem for you if you're a problem, and i like to think that wip & co are in general pretty fair dudes.

artist's depiction of RMN warning system
*uses stairs to get away*
I see hard times for my pal geodude incoming. X,-D

I don't really see such a big disturbance of motivation here or what it was called in the first post.

I hope the introductions and farewells are staying allowed in that offtopic-forum (since it's the only real area I do post besides the game pages...)
Introduction posts will not be allowed.
no one is welcome here!
hire me i will be the greatest moderator
That's a great proposal. Also, when newbies ask silly questions, we shouldn't just shoo them away or make fun of them, but to give them the cold hard truth or point them in the right direction more.
I feel the changes to the forums are a bit drastic, but I don't mind much.

I could help with event ideas/organization. I luv them events. :D
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
author=Karsuman

This seems...extreme.
author=Max McGee
author=Karsuman
This seems...extreme.

It does seem sort of extreme, think of how much this will lower rpgmaker.net as a search result for "Real Men Network"!
Sometimes moronic stuff is what keeps people coming back.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I agree with Moronic going out the window 100%.

But introductions?
I see them get derailed, but the majority is like legit people saying "Hello, I'm new."
yeah just move the video topic to general / offtopic / whatever and blast moronic into oblivion.

i do feel merging general / videogames / art will cause a bit too much topic saturation though
author=GameOverGames Productions
author=Max McGee
author=Karsuman
This seems...extreme.
It does seem sort of extreme, think of how much this will lower rpgmaker.net as a search result for "Real Men Network"!

this joke wasn't even funny the first time it was used.
I feel like getting rid of introductions is a good idea. It's basically just a worthless, no-mindthoughtery-involved section of the forum. every thread there is basically indistinguishable from the rest and does anyone really need to be "welcomed" to an internet forum.

I'm not too keen on the death of the art forum but I like the warning system a lot. one of my complaints with regards to the forum is that there's no real set of rules as far as I can tell, but a warning system works just as well if not better as long as Draco is not at the helm
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
It might sound to some (even me until I thought about it) that Art Forum will disappear into some other general forum. But really guys, if you look at the activity, we have maybe 4 topics active (at peak times).
Just start tagging your topics to grandstand your artistic work with or something in the title.

Also, you can count on me to keep doing events and stuff, WIP.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
author=InfectionFiles
But introductions?
I see them get derailed, but the majority is like legit people saying "Hello, I'm new."

so having hundreds of essentially the same post isn't a waste of space/time/time-space?

if we really wanted a place for new guys to pop in and say 'hi i'm new,' we could always opt for a 'if you are new you can post a short introduction here' thread. i personally don't think it's super necessary.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Well, it isn't really super necessary, just don't see why to cut it.
Introductions are part of every forum, just a nice thing for newcomers to feel abit more bonded with the community they are joining.

And yes, they are essentially the same posts/threads, but that's like saying every game profile is the same, because they are about games. (although not a waste of space)
I dunno, I like reading where some people come from, what we can expect, etc.

I totally agree with you though about maybe having just a intro thread, not a forum.