UPCOMING RMN UPDATES (01/24/2011)

easy fix: make the category pages longer
ugh i find all of these updates to be incredibly unpleasent

but i suppose this site is about the games so it doesn't matter if i hate the forum part?

i dunno

edit: seems i'm up to my neck in the minority again. if you guys really want to site to get stricter and more serious than go ahead i suppose but that has just never been a forum direction i've preffered. i probably won't post very much now, not that i did anyway however O:

blegh just as i was getting back into it :(
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
hot ham, that's a spiffy new look you're sporting, forums page. B)

minimal. i like that.
ok if tardis likes it then i guess i'll begrudgingly give it a chance
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
I'll probably pretty up the forum list in the near future to maximize all the space.
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
Yoshio your attitude seems silly ... you don't need to worry about forums being stricter unless you are a raging douchebag, which you really don't seem to be!!
i am half spam, half troll, all yoshio

:3
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
i know you're probably kidding, but you're really not like that. you've been a generally okay dude in all of my previous experience around you!
So when people rage-quit RMN now, they're supposed to put their goodbye rant in General Discussion? Not to be a jerk, but it's some of the best reading on this site.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
So it's finally been done. The moronic forum exists only in memory...

The site seems so small now. :(
If I may make a suggestion. I have been on many forums before and even though you closed many forums and fused them, you can still seperate them. How about Sub-Forums? That way, when someone clicks on general, Video games, Art, etc. will be little forums shown up top. I believe this will solve everyones worries.
I want the art forum back, at the very least. Or at least create a sub-forum?
I don't know...i'm finding it hard to see the pro's in deleting these forums. Apart from moronic (which i, and every other user, can fully understand why it was purged) the others generated healthy discussion and it was easier to navigate.

I'm kind of surprised the responses have been so positive; i can't see what's good about merging 4 forums into one. Don't get me wrong, i'm not massively against it, but i wouldn't mind more clarity on why it was decided (other than the moronic fandango). So people focus more on the game developing aspect of the site, perhaps?
author=Yoshio
but i suppose this site is about the games so it doesn't matter if i hate the forum part?
author=Yoshio
author=Yoshio
author=Yoshio
author=Yoshio
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
booble, what is stopping anyone from posting art topics in general now? Or videogame topics there as well?

This site is about game development. Its featureset is geared toward game development. Off Topic forums are just that: off topic. I don't see a purpose in making forum organization so granular because it just becomes a joke at a certain point.

I also find it amazing how uptight people can be about forums not existing. OH NO THERE IS NO ART FORUM WHICH MEANS NOBODY CAN POST ANY ART TOPICS doesn't make a lick of sense.

EDIT: To address sub-forums, they offer no difference from a top level forum.
Introductions were fairly useful, I thought. And I never noticed them becoming too out of control.
its more like OH NO THERE IS NO ART FORUM MY TOPIC IS DOOMED TO OBSCURITY BECAUSE IT WILL BE BUMPED DOWN BY POKEMON TOPICS.

...but I guess this is where my philosophy and yours diverge, WIP.

I advocate a merger of forums when there is appears to be confusion as to where a certain topic should go. (So think we should have a single Game Discussion & Design forum).

Also, move the Video thread to General.
well obviously i get that people can and do still post art and videogame topics, my point with the healthy discussion bit was that there wasn't really a need to get rid of them like there was with moronic. idk i just thought it was organised better with the seperate forums. but yeah, i mean i guess it makes sense if you want the site to revolve more around game design, i just didn't see any problems with including the other forums too
i liked moronic it was silly ;-;
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
Even though I'm fairly, new, i agree that the Art/music sections should be revived as separate entities. Think of it this way- would it be easier to find your socks if you throw them in with your underwear, or if they have a separate drawer in the dresser?

Also I'd like bbcode shortcut buttons if possible.