[EVENT] COMMUNITY PROJECT: SUPER RMN RPG VX

LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
- Idida1 > Switches 361-400 > Variables 171 - 200
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I'd love to sign up for this. The problem is that I have no idea what switches and variables I would need.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
Ah hell, why not. It's a shame it has to be VX and not XP. Give me 50 switches and variables; I don't care which.

EDIT: If anyone is interested in doing an XP event like this, let me know. There seems to have been talk of it earlier in the thread, so if there's interest, I might spearhead it.
- Ratty524 > Switches 401-420 > Variable 201 - 220
- Sailerius > Switches 421-470 > Variable 221 - 270

I'm sure there would be interest. Make a topic and see who you get.
LEECH
author=Sailerius
Ah hell, why not. It's a shame it has to be VX and not XP. Give me 50 switches and variables; I don't care which.

EDIT: If anyone is interested in doing an XP event like this, let me know. There seems to have been talk of it earlier in the thread, so if there's interest, I might spearhead it.

Im interested. But could you wait untill the 2k3 and VX ones are finished?
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I'd play if I had VX. Maybe I can download the trial again...
LEECH
author=Deckiller
I'd play if I had VX. Maybe I can download the trial again...

You can on a different computer.
What do you mean by: "- All maps must have borders"?
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I will challenge myself and only use 1 variable all map
Let me upload an image.... what I mean by a border. Its basically a space of 1 all around the map.

You can do it Dudesoft!!! I know I can.

ummm... how do I do the hide tags? I tried spoiler.

i might be interested in this, though i find one tile high buildings in vx to be a bit annoying

and there is the problem of me never knowing how many switches i will really need for an area ahead of time :<

edit: and how my writing style for dialogue is based on who the main characters are and having the personalities of the main characters play off each other and the NPCs they interact with. don't know how I'l handle generics/silent protagonists
Don't you use self switches? I've made 10 hour games and never used that many switches. How about using variables like if you're doing stories.
Just to get people talking again... What kind of battle engine should this have? Yanfly? default? Something else?
Which Yanfly engine? Melody?

I'd be down with trying out Melody, as I have been meaning to try it out.

That being said...how is this all going to work? Are you making a master project and then handing it out, Chaingame style? Or once you are done with the master project, you just hand it out to everyone and then people do their stuff and send it back and you amalgamate everyone's work? Or, do we all just make our own projects and then send it in to you and you amalgamate the separate projects?
I've had problems with it conflicting with other scripts and I've read about people having huge lag problems with it. But I'd rather listen to the other participants of this project.

Make your own projects and send it to me and I will add it based on your level of challenge vs the other games' level of challenge. That way it keeps stepping up.
Well, then we will need to decide upon some common systems (such as the battle system, and classes, caterpillar, day/night, etc..). And we should also assign lots for other things in the database (rather than just switches and variables), such as equipment/items/monters/monster parties/skills, etc...
Everything else can be copied and pasted. I'd rather not get daynight involved.
I fear that that approach will become a nightmare to integrate.

I think that someone at the very least should make a "base" project with the battle system configured (and perhaps a caterpillar system), and then we all use that base to build our projects.
I willingly accept the nightmare.