[EVENT] COMMUNITY PROJECT: SUPER RMN RPG VX

author=ShortStar
I willingly accept the nightmare.
It's your space funeral!

Anywho, I vote for Melody for the battle system, and caterpillar system (because I love them so much, and they are purely aesthetic)
Sailerius
did someone say angels
I don't have a preference for battle system, but I personally would like not to use Melody since it runs at a snail's pace for me.
Sailerius makes a valid point. Any other script suggestions for anything? I'm down for a caterpillar system. I just don't know which one.
Wortana's caterpillar scrip works pretty good. You do have to do one quick fix to make it work right.

An older Yanfly battle system like YERD or ...the other one could work. I used YERD (I think) and Wortana's caterpillar in Village Brave - it was capable of doing some cool extras like the Throw command and Mix (where you mix 2 items to make a spell).
What type of graphics are acceptable? I'm asking because I normally use a very retro nes/pc98 style of spriting for my maps and characters, and I would upload a pic, but I don't know the tag for pictures here. Can someone help me? I tried HTML already.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it.
I assumed we were using RTP for this (or RTP compatible/RTP-like graphics)

EDIT:
oh, and the tag is img
like:

[img]imageurlgoeshere[/img]
Thanks for the Tag, by the way. Alright, what if I mod some of the RTP, to fit my style of spriting then. (I mean by letting them have a real classic look, while trying to come up with an equal ground with the rtp. Basically, modernizing my style of sprites.)
Would that be acceptable?
frankly, if you wanted to make a completely new tileset and charsets in that style, I'd use them. I have no particular affinity to RTP (other than it is a complete and workable set of graphics).

The graphics we use is not my call, mind you.
I understand. I basically spent a month creating these old style charasets and tilesets, and I'm really fond of them. I'll wait and see what we are allowed to use for this project before I make my final call if I'm in or out.
They look good. You can mod the RTP. That way its like a face lift.
Okay, I tweaked the sprites and blew them up a little larger. Here is the result:

The New Rmvx version is on the left, where my original design is on the right. So, if I do this to all of the sprites, will they work?
Edit: Sorry about blue on blue background. I forgot to change it.
I'm sure they will. They look great.
I'm in, so sign me up. This is my first project of this nature, so I hope you guys will like it!
I'm busy making rmvx versions of my sprites, so that it will keep the flavor of my style.

Edit: Oh, I'll be needing 25 switches and 10 variables, if that's alright.
Sure, sign me up.
I'll have switches 471-500 and Variables 271-300 to round 'em off.
I'll add you both.

- Dez123 > Switches 471-500 > Variables 271-300
- Hostile Fun > Switches 501-525 > Variables 301-325
Just had a thought. What type of music are we allowed to use. You never speciefied if we can upload our own stuff or not.
Use whatever you want. I never thought about that. If you use someone else's stuff, give credit in your maps. But all that stuff is easily copied and pasted. Its the variables and switches that are a pain. :-)
yikes. the due date for this is coming up fast.

Anywho, the story for my section:
spoilerz:

The Royal Crown
The King was travelling around the country for <reason X> and he was stopped at the manor of Baron <name> as a guest. Whilst he was asleep, the Royal Crown was stolen! The King, naturally upset, has blamed the Baron for the theft <either direct accusation or lax security/control - haven't decided> and threatens to strip the Baron of his land and titles. The Baron - the most powerful of the country - counter-threatens with rebellion if such an act by the King is enacted. (There's some bad blood here, and the King is also wary of the power/influence the Baron holds).

Anywho, our heroes have to find the real thieves and uncover the plot by <neighboring country/King/Baron/other nobles in country (haven't decided)> to start a civil war and <usurp/conquer> the Kingdom.
Reason X? You should roll your quest dice :-) Its a very nice plot Kentona.
As I started later then most, my area will be smaller than the others, most likely, but I'll make up for it with a very compact, but unusual style, unique towards my style of writing. Following Kentona's example (which I liked how he displayed his story very much), I will post my summary of the story.

Edit: I do not know the tags for spoilors, so Skip the next part of my post if you don't want it spoiled for you.

Beyond Nirvana
A military unit from the (X) empire was sent 6 months ago to set up a observetory garrison on the Balcas Wastes, where they believed a new strain of monster was being created my an insane magus. However, upon setting up thier base, they found the magus tower abandoned and the wastes devoid of life. Despite this, they followed orders and stayed.
5 months later, the sky flashes with insane light and the earth shakes uncontrollably. After this, the sky changes to an strange orange pitch, staining everything with its color. Fearing the worse commander (X) sends his men to clear the tunnel that connects the wastes to the main homeland. The heros come one month later, after the commander has stopped sending men to the tunnel, as they never return upon attempting to venture to the other side. As the garrison begins to run low on resources and ominous whispers of the end, The heros must venture beyond the tunnel and discover what lies past reality, whether or not if Nirvana can exist for the soldiers at the Balcas Garrison anymore.