LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
I VOTE ABSTAIN? Abstion?. Nobody.
NIGHT 2 BEGINS 4 REAL
---------------
"Computer. Play that recording again."

Affirmative.
---------------

"Yeah, okay. Just gonna meet you outside the escape pods. Got a tip about a mad scientist. Does Brainlord think I'm one of those inbreds staffing Space Station 13?"

Shinan paced back and forth, more nervous than he would have liked to admit. He had been a cop for ten years before policenaut training, but he still felt out of his element. Things were different up here. It's always night up here.

"Eerrrgh."

Shinan put his hands against the wall and began to do calf stretches. How did this guy even know I'm a cop? Wait, could it be...

He jerked around as he heard the door to the escape pod corridor open up. His anxiety was relieved instantly.

"Oh, it's you."

"You look tense."

"Haha, well, wasn't sure who was gonna show up."

"You've always worried too much. I would have thought graduation would have made you more of a man."

"Ha, why don't you go jerk yourself off, you dick. Anyway, this tip serious or what?"

"Yeah. Smoke?"

"Sure."
Shinan took the offered moslem brand cigarette. Calling them smokes, he thought, had always been a bit silly. But whatever. He broke the moslem and began to inhale.
"Say, you should probably go to the Commander with this too."

"I have already been to see our dear Commander."

Fire scoured Shinan's face and blackened the inside of his mouth as his cigarette exploded. HE would later remember drawing his revolver and the sound of a bullet ricocheting off of an airlock door, but not as much as he remembered his surprise to find out that the artificial gravity had been disabled when the moslem exploded. Shinan careened back ten feet and slammed his head against the corridor wall. Light ran jumped across his eyes when his knees cracked against the floor as the artificial gravity resumed functioning. He was then dimly aware of being dragged through the corridor by two pairs of arms.

"All the pods are launched?" the familiar voice said.

"That is correct." the unfamiliar voice replied.

Shinan lifted his head. He couldn't make out the other figure. The blood was seeping into his eyes and the world was growing darker.
"I don't understand."

"And you never will."

He remembered being left there. He remembered that he had to warn the Commander. He remembered the sound of a door opening and not being able to breathe. It's so cold.

Then he remembered nothing.

---------------
do you guys like zany antics juxtaposed with gruesome murders and as many policenauts references shoehorned in as possible b/c i am pretty fond of it. anyway i realized i never gave shinan a death scene so!!

tag buttons
this is the small setting for text lol

------------

Private First Class Geodude turned the white, rectangular device over in his hands. He glanced back towards the late Commander's lacquered desk and then back to the rectangle.
Ain't the 21st century anymore. No wonder you got smoked. What is this thing, anyway?
Geodude fiddled with the wheel on the front of the device. He chuckled upon realizing it was a device for playing music. He had never seen one so large.
"Let's see if you had more taste than brains."

You can find me in the parking lot
By the car a lot-where we spark a lot
Up in the hallway it be dark a lot
We don't talk to cops cause we all be hot

"Hey. Not too shabby."
Geodude glanced over to the monitor and grinned. His cryptographic sequencer seemed to have done the job, although it had certainly taken its sweet time. He had been skeptical of the device's capabilities when he had been first issued the device by HQ, but it seemed to be the real deal.
"Let's see... Security records. Last night....3:00 A.M."
Geodude watched in silence as he watched the tape that had been dubbed "Airlock Experiment #1" by the ship's computer. He nodded and downloaded the clip to his PDA. The evidence would be helpful for when the bodies were presented to HQ.
"Guess they don't too much emphasis on the practice of 'hitting targets' at the policenauts academy."
Geodude rose from the executive chair and made to leave, pausing only to slip the music device into his pocket. He did not notice the monitor shutting down of its own accord.

Homey you need to get you somethin new (why not)

Geodude paused momentarily upon exiting the Commander's room. None of the ship's lighting was on.
"If this is the best they can do, well..." He chuckled.
He turned a dial on the helmet of his bulky, gray space marine armor. As his night vision kicked in, he realized that the safest thing to do would probably involve turning off the music player in his pocket.
"As if. No need to act the adult when you tangle with moppets."
He shouldered his assault rifle.

Shit I'm ridin somethin green, somethin blue (why not)

Geodude reached his destination shortly. He inserted his cryptographic sequencer into the ID slot. Nothing happened. He did it again. Nothing continued to happen.
"Whole reactor must be offline...FUCK. I don't have time to wait till tomorrow. Fuck. Fuck. Reactor."

They gon' respect it when a gangsta come through (why not)

He saw the problem immediately upon entering. One of the field generators was not secured. He quickly grabbed a wrench and went to work. After securing the generator, he began to insert plasma tanks into the collection arrays. He was almost done when the android crashed into him with an inhuman shriek.

They doin numbers, we'll do somethin too (why not)

An avalanche of metal and apathy fell on him, lifting his armored body into the air before slamming it against the ground. Geodude felt the air driven out of him as the assault rifle was torn from his grasp. His fist lanced up to hit his assailant, but each blow only served to make his bones chatter.

He punched it again, again, again, but it did not feel. He made a move to grab his knife, but the android went for his wrist in turn. With its free other hand, the pretender removed Geodude's helmet in one clean motion.

"NO."

Geodude's muscles bulged and strained. With an inhuman fury to match his attacker's marked coldness, he torn his wrist away from the android's grasp and threw the machine off. He could no longer see, but it did not matter. He could hear the clunking beast. He dove for his assault rifle, somersaulting and shouldering it with expert finesse. A rain of bullets screamed down on the android. And then all was still.

Geodude gasped and panted. It had been stronger than he expected. Nothing the Corps couldn't handle, though. He was so drunk on his own machismo that he never heard the second intruder's footsteps. Only the bullet from Shinan's stolen revolver.

He awoke five minutes later, his limbs bound and his body unarmored. His head seemed curiously light. There was something wet. Why was it wet.

"waahrh taiis"

"Yes, yes. I know. I understand. It IS incredibly hard to speak without the better part of your jaw. You must be patient, though! You seem to have done a number on my companion."

"aaaaaaabblbl"

"Oh, that's right. You can't see me, can you? Here you are!"

You can find me in the parking lot

An unknown pair of hands placed Geodude's helmet back onto his head. A familiar man wearing thermal goggles and a labcoat stood before him.

"I expect I will be able to repair him quite easily, however. Only the internal power supply is damaged. I happen to have a replacement. The rest can be patched."

By the car a lot-where we spark a lot

"That said, I must commend you." The man rubbed his chin in thought. "Due to your decision to play this..."music," I was quite sure that my friend here would have no problem taking you unawares by himself. If I hadn't come down here to see what was taking so long...oh my. That aside, what say you and I power up this reactor? I notice you've done most of the work by yourself. mmmhm. How considerate."

Up in the hallway it be dark a lot

The goggled man proceeded to drag Geodude towards the single empty collection array, leaving a trail of blood behind him. He could feel himself spiraling down into the dark. He could not even protest. There was a storm behind his eyes. Fire filled his lungs. The pain was brief.

We don't talk to cops cause we all be hot

-----------------------------------

is the fact that these death scenes are supposed to be funny coming off correctly?? i think they might only be funny to me
Day 2 begins! Jesus Christ! The Space Marine, Geodude, has perished! You guys....things are not looking very good for you! Three town remain, two mafia remain!

CAMERA ZOOMS IN ON THE MAD SCIENTIST AS HE UPLOADS TWO DVDS TO A.I: GROUCHO MARX'S DUCK SOUP AND THE FIRST SEASON OF 24.

tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
author=Jericho
is the fact that these death scenes are supposed to be funny coming off correctly?? i think they might only be funny to me

thus far your narrative entries have been nothing short of genius. only just got to read this, and the humour and overall plucky candor totally made my night.
LEECH
Well, time for a random shot in the ol dark,

I VOTE Jerichio.
No reason yet, if anyone has a better idea for a lynch, please tell me. Of course i wont be on for another 12+ hours. Tell me then.
author=ldida1
Well, time for a random shot in the ol dark,

I VOTE Jerichio.
No reason yet, if anyone has a better idea for a lynch, please tell me. Of course i wont be on for another 12+ hours. Tell me then.

oh no! idida has stumbled into the perimeter of wisdom! aaaaaaa!
author=ldida1
I VOTE Jerichio.
i know i'm not supposed to post here but lol are you serious.
i'll return to earth now byee
tardis
author=ldida1
I VOTE Jerichio.

who is this jerichio i know no one by this name
BEING DEAD SUCKS BALLS
With the police and the marine dead we are going to have to figure this out on our own. The only thing I know is that I'm not maf. If you are a townie then you know you are innocent too but the rest of us don't! I believed Geodude when he said that mafioso deal in killins not spreadsheets so I think that Koff isn't a scummer either. That leaves us with 3 suspects (in alphabet order): Ark, Idida1, and Tardis.

With these 3 in mind, I started looking for clues. That's when I noticed a huge red flag. Why did Ark vote for Tardis? We already had Koff showing us the data here, Geodude agreeing to it here, me voting for it here and Tardis voting for it here. The only two who didn't seem on-board yet was Ark and Idida1. Ark had to know that his vote for Tardis would not get him lynched so he had to be using his vote to make a statement or to try to manipulate us into thinking some way.

If Ark is partnered with Tardis, then he might have voted to lynch Tardis knowing it would never happen just so he could "distance" himself from Tardis in case one of them gets caught this round. Ark had plenty reason to do so since the two of them (Ark and Tardis) were silent most of this game.

The other thing he could have been doing was targeting Tardis to get the attention off of Idida1, who also seemed late to the abstain party bandwagon.

Whoever the mafia is will not want to vote for his partner right away (but will prob wait until the "ship" is already sinking to shoot another hole in it). So I think we can tell that if Tardis is reluctant to vote for Ark then Tardis is Ark's scum partner and if Idida1 is reluctant to vote for Ark then Idida1 is Ark's scum partner. To prevent lynching a vanilla, I say we boot Ark this round then next round we vote out whichever one (Tardis or Idida1) who either doesn't vote for Ark or votes the latest for Ark this round. Townie win.

ps. After we lynch today, if we take out Ark, it's going to be Idida1, Tardis, Koff, and me going into the night. Ark's partner is going to kill Koff or me tonight. They aren't going to narrow our suspect pool for us. So, if I die tonight, you can use the "who voted for Ark last" strategy next round but if someone else comes up with a better plan by then, use it!
btw, In case it wasn't obvious from my post:

I nominate Ark
my biggest suspects are still tardis and ark, but i haven't much to go on besides hunches. i get the feeling that this post:
author=Ark
I vote Tardis.Why, a SPACE hunch.
was a half-assed ruse; a last-minute vote for a fellow mafioso, deliberately cast so late in the round that it couldn't be possibly be harmful to the dark side - but if one of the two were killed, the fact that the vote was cast at all would make the other look innocent. because why would one mafium make an accusation against another? that, if my hunch has grounding at all, is what ark may have been trying to put in our heads.

then again, that presupposes that both tardis and ark are scum - which is a pretty big assumption. a big assumption rooted in a tenuous hunch... although such a hunch did win us the last game. then again, i take ark as a sharper player than rabitz was.

my suspicion for tardis comes from this post:
author=tardis
koff's got me convinced. spreadsheets and numbers? any good science officer would be fool not to listen to such. i'd rather work to make sure non-mafiosos don't get inadvertently killed off this early in the game to hopefully get a better read on those who ARE mafia.

I vote abstain.

(sorry for not posting sooner guys, i am doing lighting design for a show and spent literally all day at the theatre doing setup and tech rehearsal the last two days ugh my aching back stupid catwalks arrrrr)
here i see a couple little things that could be viewed as red flags... but it's also possible that i'm just seeing what i want to see, and that if someone else had said the same things, they would have gone unnoticed.

the first is that this post falls into the same mode of "active inactivity" used by the two mafiosi in the last game (and, as i had described, others in previous games); that is to say, posting enough to avoid being seen as too quiet, but failing to contribute any strong thoughts or suggestions that could draw anyone's attention. rather than submit his own ideas about what's what, tardis posted his endorsement for an idea that was already receiving the support of the community.

in tardis' defense, any sincere proponent of my plan would have given off the same vibe if other people had already announced their support; at that point, if you have nothing really to add to an idea, it's difficult to show your support without coming off as a mindless suck-up. on top of that, tardis hasn't really posted enough times to read too far into his behavior. as far as logical reasoning goes, i guess i'm sorta grasping at straws here, so let's write this off as a hunch for now and come back to it later.

(also he spells 'theater' the un-american way which means he must be some kind of space communist bent on destroying our space liberty)

reading space monkey's post now (nb: pretty much everything before this line was written last night before bed, i'm just finishing it up now) i am glad to see that ark is your primary suspect, we can see eye-to-eye on that one. i, personally, am almost completely convinced that ldida is a townie, though - i haven't seen him do one thing that suggests otherwise in any of his posts. i feel much stronger about tardis... but we can save that discussion for tomorrow, because today, i think we can agree it's best that i nominate ark.
LEECH
I nominate ark

Logic seems sound. Cept for the whole, ldida1 is maf part.
tardis
yeah, i'm sorry, but ark nominated me out of the blue last time with very little reasoning as to why. could be because he was genuinely innocent and was taking a stab in the dark, but someone who was really innocent wouldn't try (or need) to 'pawn off the blame' like he did. not cool, bro. gotta SPACE live by more than SPACE hunches up here in SPACE.

i SPACE nominate ark.
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
Oh Cruel World SPACE!

We are all doomed anyways, we have been royally SPACE fucked. I will not die at the horrific hands of Tardis, only to be used in his experiments.

I will die by my own hands.

I nominate myself for suicide.
LEECH
SPACE

This game has been really... crap. Why do we fail at playing mafia here?
SPACE TIME: 9:00 A.M. EST (EASTERN SPACE TIME)

Clark "Ark" Black awakened and immediately wished he hadn't.
"errgh...fuuuuuuck. What did I do last night?"
Ark swung over to the side of his bunk and did his best impersonation of The Thinker. He remembered being really angry that they hadn't sent that Dr. Godfrey on a one-way trip through the airlock. His reasoning had been flawless, after all.

------------------------------------------------------

"No, YOU listen. That simpering little psychopath has been playing you all like a violin! He never takes initiative, only follows the majority, oh, and uh, how about the fact that he prefers to be called Dr. Godfrey?

Tardis Godfrey tugged at the collar of his labcoat. "Well, I beg your pardon, sir, but I do have a P.H.D."

"SO DOES HE!" Ark flung a a finger in the direction of Idida. "You don't see him clinging to it! Not only that, but look at the circles under his eyes!

Koff stepped in front of Ark, looking at him down the nose. "As do I. A better question might be why you do not. Any sane person is going to be on their guard throughout the night. This means little sleep. So what is it, Ark? Not worried for some reason?" Koff narrowed his eyes. and grabbed Ark by the front of his uniform. "Or is it perhaps that you do not require sleep?..."

"HEY." Koff hit the floor rather ungracefully as Space Monkey shoved him away violently. "This is exactly what they want, you idiots. Oh yeah let's all just fight and mistrust each other and la de da dee da oh now we're all dead. good plan."

Idida folded his arms. "MY mistrust would be greatly alleviated if we could just do a body scan of everyone here."

I WILL NOT ALLOW THAT.

Koff rose to his feet and made a very rude gesture towards the nearest security monitor. "WE KNOW. YOU'VE ONLY SAID IT ABOUT THIRTY TIMES EVERY DAY. OH HEY, DR. GODFREY. WHY DON'T YOU PUT THAT PHD TO GOOD USE? WHAT'S THIRTY TIMES TWO? WAIT, NO, I HAVE A BETTER IDEA. LET ME GET OUT MY FUCKING CALCULATOR."

Ark touched the front of his shirt and grimaced. He lifted his head up and watched the argument between Space Monkey, Idida, Koff, and the ship's corrupted computer become more and more heated.
He went back to his room, Dr. Godfrey watching silently.

Oh, right. And then Space Monkey wanted to have drinks.
We got to talking about what happened earlier and...uh...I guess I drank too much.
A deep rumble snapped Ark out of his thoughts. He methodically got dressed, brushed his teeth, and left for the cafeteria.

"Hmmm." Ark punched a couple of buttons on the dispenser, receiving a continental breakfast for his trouble. He tore the cover off and dug in ravenously, not even noticing the off taste.

"Alright, nobody leave before this is over."

"Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey!"

"Idida, leave."

Ark's eyes struggled open. He was surprised to find himself on the floor at the feet of Dr. Tardis Godfrey and Koff.
"Hey. uh. what-"
Ark attempted to get to his feet only to find his arms and legs bound.
"HEY. WHAT THE-"
He found himself lacking the words to finish his objection after a smart interjection from Koff's boot.

"Let me just bring you up to speed. This-" Koff drew Shinan's revolver and spun it around by the trigger guard. "is not yours. But it has your fingerprints on it."

"Wait. Ask Space Monkey. I was with him."

Dr. Godfrey sighed. "And there it is. What a pity. I was rather fond of him." He turned towards Ark. "Your friend has been missing since last night."

".....SHIT. NO, WAIT. I KNOW WHAT-"

Koff's boot made another swift rebuttal. He frowned and wiped his now bloody footwear on Ark's uniform.
"Open it."

Dr. Godfrey obliged.

Ark, the astronaut, has perished.

EPILOGUE

"No disturbances of any kind?"

"No, sir."

"Very well. Good work, Shinan."

"Yes, sir."

"Yes. False alarm."

"I see. I apologize for assigning you such a boring task, Private."

"All in the line of duty, sir."

"Oorah."

How does steak sound tonight?

Ark looked at his wife and grinned. "Lovely."

"Keep the change."

"Hey, thanks. you have a great day, you hear?"

Koff did hear. but he did not respond. He walked into the sheriff's office.

Idida stared at the pile of paperwork, his pen dancing along his hands. He would have groaned at the sight, once.

The bespectacled man was watching the television. There was something rather interesting being shown. A news report...something about a killer android loose in Manhattan.
"That's rather unfortunate."
He swung his chair around and examined the eastern wall of his laboratory proudly. Twenty cybernetic skeletons hung there, just waiting for their artificial skins.
"Oh the things you can think. Hahaha!....wait. think. Yes, yes. This will be hilarious. Prototype LX-321!"
The android engaged at the northern workbench pivoted.
"Can you put your palm to your face, like this?"
It did.
"Oh. Oh yes."

RESULTS

The space mafia, Tardis and Space Monkey, have achieved victory.

Tardis, the mad scientist, went on to build things that were bad.
Space Monkey, the android, went on to kill things that were good.

well, this setup, I realize now, is more suited to a chatroom based game as that allows for more scumhunting. Still, I had fun writing updates. Geodude's was especially my favorite. The idea of attempting to write a serious scene while simultaneously shoehorning in a Juvenile song in the most convoluted way possible had me rolling.
trivia! My least favorite player was tardis. He stalked Geodude night one and it was probably his idea to kill Shinan then too. way to screw everyone over!
props to space monkey for his expert misdirection despite never having played mafia before.