BIN LADEN DEFEATED

I can't pick apart any major holes in his post, NB. Can you at least attempt to refute any of his points aside from a picture of a waffle (we're all adults here)?
author=Nightblade
Waffle thing

^ Brings a whole new meaning to "Leggo my Eggo", am I right~?
Taking out the leader of one of the worlds most violent terrorist organizations is meaningless, huh? Easy to say it has no real meaning if you weren't affected by it in the least bit. Furthermore, I feel like this is something America can unite behind during such a long dreadful era of pessimism and despair. They haven't shown his body, but ffs, it's been less than 24 hours since it happened. I don't think the first thing they want to do is parade the image of a carcass all over the country.

Pretty sure we already went over this. It's a symbolic victory at best; Taking out one leader doesn't leave a power vacuum or disrupt activities in any meaningful way.

Look, I'll put it this way:

Ever play FFT? Remember the high confessor's plot? Well if you don't remember, or don't know; the plot (one part of it) was to assassinate the leaders of both of the warring factions, so that the church could step in and act as a mediator. LEADERS. The people Duke Larg and Duke Goltanna surrounded themselves with. Sure, the loss of a single leader is felt; but quickly mended.

Do people really believe 9/11 was an inside job still? Seriously? To counter your one point of physical evidence, jet fuel doesn't burn at a high enough temperature to melt those buildings, but the buildings lose structural cohesion at a temperature way below their melting point. Every single piece of every conspiracy theory you've heard about 9/11 has been disproven. Have you read the 9/11 comission? Have you actually looked at all into the facts, other than what's been spoon-fed to you by Zeitgeist, Loose Change, etc? Seriously. Google "debunk 9/11 conspiracies", and tell me you don't find a million different cold hard facts that completely tear apart your boogeyman.

I really could care less about this, yet I wonder if you've even looked into it.

Fucking crawl out of your hole you sheltered juvenile. Fuck.

Irony. Fun.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Post of the century is by Mog:

While I too think most of our involvement in the Middle East is bullshit, it's sort of funny how internet counterculture feels about the whole thing; it's almost getting to the point where it seems as if they're uh, actually sympathizing with the Taliban and shit. "Oh they aren't ALL bad, just misunderstood. It's those EVIL AMERICANS etc etc". I mean are you fucking kidding me?

Some aspects of the internet culture are really starting to piss me off. It's because people just blurt out their knee-jerk, emotionally charged opinions without thinking. Many of us, myself included, are guilty of it from time to time.

But let's all go back to making games!
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Nightblade:

1. you just compared terrorism to a video game plot.
2. you may even believe that 9/11 really IS an inside job, or are indifferent to the overwhelming amount of evidence/logic against this fact.

I think you're a cool guy but please don't argue things you don't understand. (EDIT:: To be fair I think this could be applied to most people on this forum: myself included. this is really serious business here and we are definitely NOT aware of all the facts.)
author=Yellow Magic
Nightblade:

1. you just compared terrorism to a video game plot.

People like ignoring posts so I had to dumb it down that far, blame them.

2. you may even believe that 9/11 really IS an inside job, or are indifferent to the overwhelming amount of evidence/logic against this fact.

I have no opinion on it because I know little about the details surrounding both sides of the argument.

While I too think most of our involvement in the Middle East is bullshit, it's sort of funny how internet counterculture feels about the whole thing; it's almost getting to the point where it seems as if they're uh, actually sympathizing with the Taliban and shit. "Oh they aren't ALL bad, just misunderstood. It's those EVIL AMERICANS etc etc". I mean are you fucking kidding me?

Not even in the dumbest cesspit of the internet is this even remotely true.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
speaking of comparing shit to video game plots, here's something from another forum i hang out on:

Imagine if you got to kill Kefka before he f%#$ed the world up, because he pissed off enough people by poisoning Doma's water. That's how people feel about it, I guess.
Now we still have several Kefka's left in the world, but we got one...

someone else quoted it and made a great remark about how 'kefka is gone but gestahl remains...'
Taking out one leader doesn't leave a power vacuum or disrupt activities in any meaningful way.

Are you kidding me? Why doesn't it? How doesn't it? Are you aware, or have you read up on how an organization, or more specifically, a Middle Eastern based terrorist organization runs/works/operates?

Also what do you propose we did instead? Nothing?
author=Nightblade
I have no opinion on it because I know little about the details surrounding both sides of the argument.

Yet, you jumped so quickly at the conclusion that it was an inside job even though you just admitted you have neither an opinion or know all of the details. Is that correct?
author=Feldschlacht IV
Taking out one leader doesn't leave a power vacuum or disrupt activities in any meaningful way.
Are you kidding me? Why doesn't it? How doesn't it?

Also what do you propose we did instead? Nothing?

If you want to refute it, at least go back to where I already explained why it wouldn't. Look TARIDS'S UP THERE POST LOOKdglkpgj';jsgnlk;dgdsg
'
sglk;dfsgsd;lgksdgs

I'm done. Seriously.

Holy shit.

Edit: One last thing.

Yet, you jumped so quickly at the conclusion that it was an inside job even though you just admitted you have neither an opinion or know all of the details. Is that correct?

Let's read it again, ok?

I really could care less about this, yet I wonder if you've even looked into it.

At what point was I taking a side on that part of the discussion?

Oh, alright.
NB, you haven't explained anything that's based on real world current sociological facts or information. You used a video game example. Have you actually READ UP on the matter or are you speaking just on how you feel?

Not even in the dumbest cesspit of the internet is this even remotely true.

Look harder, homie. It's not always that blatant, but it's there.

Look TARIDS'S UP THERE POST LOOK

Okay let's do absolutely nothing and let people get away with stuff! That'll help.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
author=Nightblade

don't you mean you couldn't care less?

if you 'could care less,' you're really implying that you do care at least the smallest possible unit of caring
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/02/us-zawahri-ayman-newsmaker-idUSTRE7410RF20110502

There, it took literally 20 seconds to find it, but I don't know, maybe the original Al Qaeda doesn't have a hierarchy and they're all making it up as they go along.

Please go into greater detail though, I'd like to hear specific facts as to how this is actually more significant. Please don't state the obvious: IE - effects that have already been explained.

Okay let's do absolutely nothing and let people get away with stuff! That'll help.

Because that's exactly what I was suggesting.
author=Nightblade
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/02/us-zawahri-ayman-newsmaker-idUSTRE7410RF20110502There, it took literally 20 seconds to find it, but I don't know, maybe the original Al Qaeda doesn't have a hierarchy and they're all making it up as they go along.

Please go into greater detail though, I'd like to hear specific facts as to how this is actually more significant. Please don't state the obvious: IE - effects that have already been explained.

Literally all that is saying that *gasp*, Osama has a likely successor! Who ever would have guessed! And it's COMPLETELY UNLIKELY that the USA and its allies are going to hunt this man down to the last inch given that they're far more aware of the situation and have more information to make tactical decisions than 'GENERAL/WORLD EVENT ANALYST NIGHTBLADE' LIVE FROM NEW YORK. Nope. Whoa, totally.

No shit he has a successor lined up. But that says nothing about the damage, discord, and general effect that a political assassination of a leader of a terrorist organization does or does not do.

Because that's exactly what I was suggesting.

I keep asking you 'What should we do' and you keep not answering, so naturally I have to go with the implication I'm getting.
author=Nightblade
I'm done. Seriously.

Holy shit.

Guess again!

Generally speaking, if one of your family members or someone close to you died or was physically injured for the rest of their life due to 9/11, I'm sure you would want justice brought to Bin Laden and his affiliates. Bin Laden was a criminal mastermind and killed thousands just because he believed in an idea that he thought was okay. No one cares if it's been 10 years. Time doesn't excuse the act.
Also, when I say 'read up on the situation', I don't mean pulling up one or two articles real quick for the sake of an internet debate. I mean, have you actually continually kept up with and stayed informed, at least beyond a surface level of the situation over a period of time?
Also, something to think about;

The main weapon of a terrorist, and an effective weapon in general, is demoralization. Why do you think terrorists usually go after sites like the World Trade Center or a subway station, or the like? If you notice throughout history, terrorist organizations (and well planned military tactics) realize that you don't always have to go for what seems to be the most tactically viable target; breaking an enemy's will to fight, severely damaging it, lowering morale, all of that, has a very tangible effect on the outcome of a conflict. Saying otherwise is a spit in the face of thousands of years of strategy and pretty much outright retarded.

So, with that said, how is taking out the world's largest and most prominent figurehead of terrorism not any sort of victory, even if its a morale boost for us and a morale dampener for them? While I'm sure that Al Qaeda has expected a possible outcome like this, it's dumb to say it hasn't at least extinguished a few rainbows in their day.

Retribution and anger? Yeah, I'm kinda worried about that. But there has been damage done. And the morale boost to us, hell, the entire world (keep in mind that the UK has been a target of terrorist actions as well) is valuable.
How many HP do you suppose Osama had?
Cosmic_Sea, Narcodis and Nightblade have been warned for poor behavior.

Cool it down a notch or this topic is getting locked.