THE FEATURED GAME THREAD

Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Have we settled on a game for next month? I'm playing The Last King of Hyrule and feel it deserves a feature.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
After a lengthy hiatus of playing virtually anything from this site, I played the following games in the last week or so:

The Farming One

D is for Dungeon

Eling: First Dimension

Nora's Tale

All would be good choices for features. Most use RTP graphics so take that into consideration if we still have people around who will cry over such things. I also have no issue with Last King of Hyrule but I'm obviously biased there.

I also wouldn't mind seeing X-Noir featured some day.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Nora's Tale exhibits features that I haven't seen in many RPG Maker games on here. I would challenge you to find a game on this website that accomplishes the complexity of eventing and scripting done in a similar way. The Last King of Hyrule doesn't really bring anything new to the table we haven't seen before. It's just a Mario game in disguise. I would rather see a game that brings something new and fresh to the table over something we have seen time and time again get featured. (And there seems to be a trend to feature these Mario games eventually at least once a year. So I'm sure it will get in there eventually.)
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
author=Kory
It's just a Mario game in disguise.

Or, you know, it uses a character that plays absolutely nothing like Mario in a Mario engine.

But still, Nora's Tale seems to be a great choice.
Nora’s Tale would be just fine with me. Besides, Last King Of Hyrule will probably be saved for April’s Mario Month when the time comes...even though it’s not technically a Mario game but it’s made in a Marioesque-like engine pretending to be a Zelda game. (…Actually, the more that I say it the weirder it sounds... Why did you guys make it in SMBX again?)

But yeah, Nora’s Tale…do it.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
There's always one of my games, but I'm tooting my horn like a shitlord so I'll refrain from commenting on that notion further and let you guys mull it over.
Solitayre
So this isn't an ironclad rule but in October we generally like to feature something scary. Any suggestions for horror games?
Solitayre
Maybe you should play it and let us know what you think!
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

author=Solitayre
So this isn't an ironclad rule but in October we generally like to feature something scary. Any suggestions for horror games?

Don't know. Randomly pick one of SnowOwl's games that hasn't been featured yet.
Haven't played too many games in this genre on RMN.
Stray Cat Crossing comes to mind, but that isn't completed and is commercial.

Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
While I can't fully recommend a game when the owner isn't on the site, there is The Witch's House and Ib, two of my favorite RM horror games.

If those are a no go, then Nightmare of the Snow has amassed quite a following. I'm personally not a fan, unless Tsurugihayate fixed the awful grammar since I played it a year ago. I'm just putting it out there.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Stray Cat isn't scary, I'd say it's creepy though, which would still fit the general October theme.

Also in the creepy theme

CAM

for something I'd term unnerving (and also quite alluring)

Your Star

something that fits more in the traditional horror line with chase scenes and blood spatter (though no jumpscares), though it is a little on the visually bright side

Follow the Darkness

an older but wonderfully put together Halloween game, more in the thoughtful version of horror than the jumpscare version. Though it does have a fairly frustrating section early on, but the atmosphere is wonderfully rendered.

Elegy's Eve

author=Red_Nova
If those are a no go, then Nightmare of the Snow has amassed quite a following. I'm personally not a fan, unless Tsurugihayate fixed the awful grammar since I played it a year ago. I'm just putting it out there.

Not yet, but it's being worked on.
Didn't someone mention a game suitable for October some time in this thread in the past couple of months? Anyone have the time to scrawl through this thread to find it? I don't want to forget anything.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=kentona
Didn't someone mention a game suitable for October some time in this thread in the past couple of months? Anyone have the time to scrawl through this thread to find it? I don't want to forget anything.

I believe it happens to be the aforementioned Desert Nightmare.

author=kentona
So, going through the recent-ish suggestions, we got:
Mirror Boy, Razed are the Powerful, Antagonist, X-Noir, Sunken Spire, It'll Look Great on your Resume, The Book of True Will, Pom Gets Wi-fi, and Desert Nightmare. I'll probably slate DN for October.

Any final thoughts?
Solitayre
While I have no objection to Desert Nightmare, it's already one of the most downloaded games on the site. Is that something we care about?
Red_Nova
author=Solitayre
While I have no objection to Desert Nightmare, it's already one of the most downloaded games on the site. Is that something we care about?

If it was, I don't think Dreaming Mary would have gotten featured.
author=Solitayre

It's not something I care about.