RM2K3: EXPORT SWITCHES/VARIABLES

Pages: 1
Are there any RM2K3 utilities out there that will allow me to export my variables/switches into a text file or some other searchable file type? Basically, I am looking for an easy method to search for a variable/switch number by name, if that makes sense.
RM2K/3 debugger, hosted by Cherry, made by Sue. It has a very neat search feature with filters if you need them. It's a pretty good tool to have around.
author=psy_wombats
RM2K/3 debugger, hosted by Cherry, made by Sue. It has a very neat search feature with filters if you need them. It's a pretty good tool to have around.

Giving it a shot. Thanks for the assist, psy_wombats. I am streamlining a lot of things in my battle system, but because so much of it got kind of hodge-podged together, not everything is in the right order and I hate hunting for the right variable.
Actually, I think misinterpreted what you were trying to do. I thought you were looking for in-game references to a specific variable rather than trying to find the variable that's needed for future use. It's been a while since I've used the tool so maybe it'll still be of some help.
author=psy_wombats
Actually, I think misinterpreted what you were trying to do. I thought you were looking for in-game references to a specific variable rather than trying to find the variable that's needed for future use. It's been a while since I've used the tool so maybe it'll still be of some help.

The tool had the feature I needed. Just set it to variables and click the button to the right, and there is a search field in the window that pops up. It basically looks like the RM2K/3 variables/switches window but with a search field.
The debugger even lets you export/import the names of variables/switches to/from text files, but you need to install an original Japanese RM2k/RM2k3 to use these advances features.
I'm not sure about that, the format of RPG Maker 200/3 files are the same regardless of version. All the names are done in 8-bit locale strings so it should work in the same language as your system.

Well, that's what should be true, but of course it might not work for other reasons.
Pages: 1