USING RM2K FONT PATCH ON RM2K3

Pages: first 12 next last
I seem to have run into a bit of a snag - when I try to fix the font on RM2k3 using the RM2k Font Patch, it doesn't work. Do I need a different patch, or am I missing something? Does still having RM2k on my comp make a difference? Should I get rid of that, then try again?
the RM2k font patch is for 2000 right. Wouldn't you need the 2003 font patch if your using rpg maker 2003?
That's the thing; I'm not sure if there is one, since 2k & 2k3 are almost the exact same program.....
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
There is one. They use different fonts.
First try dropping the two font files directly in \WINDOWS\FONTS. This should install the fonts and usually works.
The fonts are already installed, but they don't work for 2003, only 2000. That was why I asked if removing 2000 might cause the fonts to shift gears to 2003.

I tried reinstalling them directly, but my comp won't allow me to replace the ones installed already, nor will it let me remove them.
Alright, after googling for you i haven't been able to find any rm2k3 font patches but i did find this. This is to fix the font without using a font patch. Just follow these steps and see if it works.

1. Open your rm2k3 folder and go to "Fonts".
2. Copy the two True-type fonts in the folder.
3. Open the WINDOWS folder and go to "Fonts" (New folder but the same name. Now it's getting tricky! ).
4. Paste the fonts into the folder.
5. Now the font should look fine.
author=Swack link=topic=899.msg11974#msg11974 date=1208139578
The fonts are already installed, but they don't work for 2003, only 2000. That was why I asked if removing 2000 might cause the fonts to shift gears to 2003.

I tried reinstalling them directly, but my comp won't allow me to replace the ones installed already, nor will it let me remove them.

Why don't you try installing the rm2k3 fonts...DER!
I downloaded what I thought was a rm2k3 font patch like the link provider at another forum implied, but it ended up being the rm2k one again....I did notice that all the links Google brought up seemed to all be other people at other forums asking where to download the rm2k3 patch, as if it's like a needle in a haystack. Anybody here know where to get it, and while you're at it, if you know why it's so hard to locate?
author=BigEd781 link=topic=899.msg11979#msg11979 date=1208147981
author=Swack link=topic=899.msg11974#msg11974 date=1208139578

Why don't you try installing the rm2k3 fonts...DER!
Don't be a douche; I'm a noob to this.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
There isn't an RM2k3 "patch". The installer comes with the proper fonts. Just do what demondestiny said.
That was what I said...

Hey buddy, you want people to treat you like you have half a brain, USE IT! Read the posts or figure it out.
Also screw font patches and just install Japanese Text Support for the love of god.
Ok, I did anything demondestiny said, but it's still not working for rm2k3 for some reason; I will just screw it & go with Japanese text support - I forgot that I had saw that before about that fixing it.
Ok, so I downloaded the Japanese text support IME, and it STILL hasn't been fixed..... Then I remembered something that hadn't occurred to me to mention: My comp has TWO hard disk drives instead of one. I'm betting that's why this is happening; the Windows programs are in the regular one while my RM2K3 is in the OTHER one. Should I copy-and-paste everything into the other drive?
author=BigEd781 link=topic=899.msg12027#msg12027 date=1208221446
That was what I said...

Hey buddy, you want people to treat you like you have half a brain, USE IT! Read the posts or figure it out.

dude, everyone is a newbie at this sometimes. Give him a break.

author=Swack link=topic=899.msg12039#msg12039 date=1208245564
Ok, so I downloaded the Japanese text support IME, and it STILL hasn't been fixed..... Then I remembered something that hadn't occurred to me to mention: My comp has TWO hard disk drives instead of one. I'm betting that's why this is happening; the Windows programs are in the regular one while my RM2K3 is in the OTHER one. Should I copy-and-paste everything into the other drive?

That's probably why it's not working. I suggest copying and pasting everything and see if that works.
author=Swack link=topic=899.msg12039#msg12039 date=1208245564

Hahah holy crap man I feel bad for you because this sounds like it has been a giant pain in the ass. Anyway this is how it works:

There are two fonts called MS Mincho and MS something else that RM2k3 uses. They are part of Japanese text support because they are the English characters used as special characters in Japanese fonts. So to get the text to display properly you need to have those fonts which are part of Japanese text support.

I really have no clue why this fix isn't working for you and I guess you can just try to install your stuff on the other hard drive but otherwise tough luck man.
WIP
Copying the files won't matter. You can have eighty hard drives in your machine and the files will all operate normally so long as you are using the same OS.

My two main computers both have two drives (laptop and desktop) and they correctly display RM2k3 fonts.
author=demondestiny link=topic=899.msg12040#msg12040 date=1208247288
author=BigEd781 link=topic=899.msg12027#msg12027 date=1208221446
That was what I said...

dude, everyone is a newbie at this sometimes. Give him a break.

"Newbie" != Moron, except in this case.
Actually, there is a font/message patch that I have, but you'll need to reinstall the RTP and maybe rename a couple folders... But it should fix the fonts and it'll restore the gray lines in message boxes that indicates where text cuts off.

I have to go now, but if you want, I can upload that for you?
WIP: Really? Well, that saves me some trouble, then.

brandonabley: I think I did that before, but I think they were already there. I'll try that again.

Euphorian: If the above plan doesn't work, than yeah, thanks. 8) But I wonder if I might be able to clear this up by renaming a couple folders now; what folders am I supposed to rename?
Pages: first 12 next last