ANYONE NEED A RPG VX MAPPER?

chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
@ShortStar : I don't know for you, but I find mapping in 2k3 EXTREMELY laborious, ok, I really don't have much experience with it, but after quite a few tries, i still can't figure out how to make those forest with, you know, big black spaces surrounded by foliage look like something, amongst other things. Or again a town that looks like a town (not just a few houses thrown here and there), the street problem..!!
RPG Maker 2K3 has tradeoffs... less details (I made a quick river town that I might post later), but it is more laborious having to put in sprites for treetops when you've got dense trees. With RPG VX you can make something detailed where the creativity and depth comes in.

A different RPG VX castle... that I took an existing 25x20 map of a brick building and 3 ugly houses and spruced it up.
chana
Don't you find some of those colors a bit candyish : the red of the roofs, the too dark brown of the wood they're made with. the little house on the left, does it really look to you like a house made of piled rocks, next to every thing so clean cut, the trees remind me of those little wooden trees you buy when you're a tiny little kid, the water's too blue, etc. etc 2k3's less detailed, but i think that's precisely why, if you make the effort, it works, my opinion. Nothing in rea life, so clean cut, if you see what I mean.
The too dark browns... you should have seen the original map it was purple brick with red roof. Maybe its chocolund. The piled house is an armory. Shouldn't it be piled rocks? LOL water's too blue. In this case its probably the lighting hue. Luckily anything can be changed easily. Here's another map just made.

chana
Yeah, it's definitely a good map, but, god so many square angles!and that sand is too uniform, or/and not the right color, hard to have the impression you really are in a dark cave full of mystery and danger?! or even an old abandoned mine : every thing so clean cut and bright!
Uniform sand is hard to do. I guess thats why some people stick with straight forward cave maps. And I could make it darker... but would that really show off the map? Anyway, darkness is easy to change. The diaginals aren't. I've got plenty of other cave maps, but I'll make note... no diaginals.

Map is now bluer.
chana

Not trying to convince you of the better quality of one or the other(though i really like 2k3 better) but to see the differences : water, outlines, etc
edit : Sorry they're too small!!!!
Oh by the way i saw a full picture of your cave : the overall design is really interesting!
And definitely looks better in blue, much, in fact!
Oh I know I can do better... but can I do better with the default RTP? Its all the tileset really. With RPG VX there's at least curves. I downloaded grafikal's curved RPG VX tileset and while its curved... it doesn't match up to the not curved. Kind of a disappointment.

On another forum someone wants me to map for a survival horror game... without zombies. No telling if it will get made.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
That's a beautiful castle town, ShortStar. :)
Thanks Infection... here's the original map from someone else's game.

This one I made a year ago for my first game. I'm sure it would fall into the category of "too blocky", but when you play it maybe you don't notice as much.

Sorry for the double post, but its not like I'm bumping a topic that isn't at the top. Anyway... since no one has anything for me at the moment. Throw out ideas and I'll map em.
chana
"but can I do better with the default RTP?"
THAT is the whole problem, By the way then why do you stick to vx?
As for suggestions : A drunkard's house and in particular GARDEN, where every thing is left breaking down, the overall feeling : no care is taken of it, fences plants rocks etc. Trying to make it difficult (Oh, i'm sure you're pretty much, with all the work, an excellent mapper, testing the limits of the vx rtp.). If you feel like it (The suggestion).
Because I love the blocks. No one else seems to. Anyway, I can map with whatever.

I guess while I have you here, I may as well show you a quest and region generator I've worked on.

2 generators

Not much, but if someone likes it, then it will motivate me more to add to it.
chana
It's neat, the quest and places are fun, original and well explained (a few spelling errors here and there)! But what's the idea : give ideas to people running out of imagination, or not at all?!Also, how do you do something like this ?
Personally I have no imagination. I just do.

This is Flash. I made another generator years ago, but that generated an areas list in cycles. A cycle being settlement + battle areas. Normal cycles are town > battle area. Morrowind cycles are town > area > area > area > area
The map you requested.

I also updated the random generator (but not uploaded) to give more information on the kingdom and who the quest is about. I also made a weapon tier generator and an armor tier generator. That spits out stuff looking like this >>

TIER 50
Dwarven Thunderous Adamantium Knife (491)
--- It was made by dwarves to the south-east. As a knife it greatly improves the user's agility. Since it is made of Adamantium it is extremely strong, very rare and nearly unbreakable.

Icy Bronze Short Bow (492)
--- This short bow improves its hit ratio at the cost of attack speed. It is covered with a magical frost. Since it is made of Bronze it is cheap, yet durrible.

Terra Methyl Crossbow (493)
--- Since it is made of Methyl it is extremely light, very rare and nearly unbreakable.

Demonic Brass Dagger (494)
--- Its demonic power gives unholy power to the user. As a dagger it greatly improves the user's agility. Since it is made of Brass it cheaply constructed.

Expensive Blinding Diamond Spear (495)
--- This spear is more expensive and rare than its counterparts. As a spear it is perfect for any soldier. Since it is made of Diamond it is extremely expensive, but can cut through almost anything.

Elven Aero Glass Knife (496)
--- It was made by dark elves to the west. As a knife it once belonged to an assassin. Since it is made of Glass it is extremely weak and meant for show.

Fiery Iron Sling (497)
--- It burns with a fiery glow. Since it is made of Iron it is well constructed, but can rust if left outside.

Cheap Skeletal Methyl Short Sword (498)
--- This short sword is cheap, because there are so many available. It also improves its hit ratio at the cost of attack speed. It was found in a cave of cult worshipers. Since it is made of Methyl it is extremely light, very rare and nearly unbreakable.

Deadly Icy Brass Pike (499)
--- This pike has a chance to get a KO death blow. It is most effective against fire enemies. Since it is made of Brass it for show only.

Cheap Terra Ebony Pike (500)
--- This pike is cheap, because there are so many available. Since it is made of Ebony it is extremely heavy and nearly unbreakable.
chana
Yeah, does it the map!(though I think the blocks still stand in the way!)
The weapons bit is interesting, you could actually use those generators for boardgame rpgs, come to think of it, somehow!
I'm sure there's already plenty of boardgame generators. I'd much rather help RPG Makers specifically. If I knew how the RPG Maker outputs I could make it make maps if not entire games. I'm serious. Sure they'd start off basic, but they'd get a lot better.

I can generate a map from the tileset, but it would be outside of the game. I could generate dialog, but it would need to be copied and pasted into the game.

Anyway... I just spent 4 hours making an enemy generator. it generates types of enemies. I wouldn't call it perfect, but it is good.

There are 20 themes and probably 100 enemies... but but but... then there are 5 types of enemies, attackers, tanks, defenders, mages, annoyances. Then they have different characteristics from there. So 20 x 100 x 5 = 10,000 possible enemies and then minor tweaks might be 40,000. Not that the amount matters really.

This area is crawling with six types of creatures. Each of which has a undead characteristic.

The first is a 'tank' ghost that has a B grade attack. This 'tank' will usually take a huge amount of damage. As a trade off for its high defense and attack power it will usually be worth a lot of gold. In battle it will also use dark magic.

The next is an 'afflicter' spook that has a low agility and can only be harmed by magical attacks. This 'afflicter' will usually blind its enemies. As a trade off for its afflicting abilities it will usually yeild a cure for what it afflicts. In battle it will also use weak dark magic.

The third is an 'annoyance' phantom that has a F grade attack and can only be harmed by magical attacks. This 'annoyance' will usually explode, killing itself and damaging all enemies. As a trade off for its annoyance it will usually be worth a lot of gold. In battle it will also use dark magic.

The fourth is an 'attacker' mutant that has a high attack speed. This 'attacker' will usually kill an enemy quick. As a trade off for its attack power it will usually be blinded easily. In battle it will also stun, necro bite and spit venom.

The fifth is an 'afflicter' skeleton that has a D grade attack. This 'afflicter' will usually poison its enemies. As a trade off for its afflicting abilities it will usually yeild a cure for what it afflicts. In battle it will also stun and defend.

The final is a 'mage' vampire that has a F grade attack. This 'mage' will usually chant damaging spells at all of its enemies. As a trade off for its magical power it will usually be a good enemy to steal mana from. In battle it will also use dark magic and suck blood.

This area is infested with six types of creatures. Each of which has a reptilian characteristic.

The first is a 'defender' salamander that has a C grade attack. This 'defender' will usually buff others in its party. As a trade off for its defense power it will usually yeild a piece of equipment. In battle it will also breathe fire, roar, kill bite and tail swipe.

The next is a 'tank' dragon that has a low agility and its weak spot is the head. This 'tank' will usually take a huge amount of damage. As a trade off for its high defense and attack power it will usually be worth a lot of experience. In battle it will also breathe fire, roar, kill bite and tail swipe.

The third is an 'afflicter' raptore that has a low agility. This 'afflicter' will usually poison its enemies. As a trade off for its afflicting abilities it will usually attack in large groups. In battle it will also .

The fourth is an 'annoyance' iguana that has a high agility. This 'annoyance' will usually put your entire party asleep if given the chance. As a trade off for its annoyance it will usually be worth a lot of gold. In battle it will also bite.

The fifth is an 'attacker' lizard that has a high attack speed. This 'attacker' will usually kill an enemy quick. As a trade off for its attack power it will usually die quickly. In battle it will also bite and tail swipe.

The final is a 'mage' lizard that has a F grade attack. This 'mage' will usually have a powerful spell to use on a single enemy. As a trade off for its magical power it will usually be weak to weapons. In battle it will also bite and tail swipe.

So bored... I want to map. Seen below are 3 levels if you scroll left and right.

Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
I don't use RTP, but my mapping skills are horrid, I wonder if I am desperate enough(no offense) to get someone to map for me.