RMNV4 FEEDBACK

chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Impatiently waiting for that link to show on the front page : http://rpgmaker.net/posts/, it's a long way there! or isn't it going to be?
chana
"And no one cares about those people".lol (sorry for the double post!)
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
The link for /posts/ is already on the frontpage, in the footer. It is under "site feeds".
Don't worry about my 800x600 woes. It's the price to pay for using antiquated hardware. My video card is having trouble with the new codecs and even gets beat up by large XP/VX maps. I think I'm long overdue for the Windows XP pinch too.

I'll be getting a new monitor in the near future anyway. It's already started to do the bleed-right thing...
I've already gotten into the habit of typing "posts" in the url when I want to view that section. It's probably quicker than scrolling to the bottom and clicking the link.

But, shouldn't the link under "site feed" go here instead? http://rpgmaker.net/feeds/posts.xml
chana
(thx) It would be cleaner(?), if the entire title showed on the front page when the curser is on an unfinished one.
author=Link_2112
I've already gotten into the habit of typing "posts" in the url when I want to view that section. It's probably quicker than scrolling to the bottom and clicking the link.

But, shouldn't the link under "site feed" go here instead? http://rpgmaker.net/feeds/posts.xml

Not really, the RSS feed isn't really meant to be read in your browser like a regular page, it's meant to be read in an RSS reader. I just labeled the section "Site Feeds" for lack of a better term.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Yeah. In general I feel like a site whose two main purposes are computer gaming and software development doesn't really need to cater too hard to people who can't figure out how to change their screen resolution.

Any thoughts on the idea of making it so a single game doesn't show up more than once on the front page? Wither is now in both buzzing and latest games, which is redundant and keeps more games from being featured. This seems like it will be a common problem since there is likely to be a lot of overlap in general between buzzing games, latest games, and the game of the month.
What do you propose then? Because it does have a latest download, and it is a buzzing game.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
Well, there are some things we need to evaluate with that LockeZ. But right now there is only one game that appears in both categories, which is down from three-four the first couple of days (when games started with no buzz). We have the ability to revise the buzzing game formula later, but right now there is not enough data.

Games need to have more than downloads (which spike with latest games to play) to reach buzz status. In fact, there are much better ways to reach that level.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
My original suggestion was to make it so that the Latest Games section is technically the Latest Games That Aren't Also Buzzing Games section. (As in, that's how the algorithm would work, though that's a stupid name and the page would still just say Latest Games)
author=LockeZ
In general I feel like a site whose two main purposes are computer gaming and software development doesn't really need to cater too hard to people who can't figure out how to change their screen resolution.

Now now. Please don't feed the Dy. He bites.

My ancient monitor's native resolution is 800x600. I only have two other options; one that frequently flickers and another that's just... uneven.
LockeZ
shit son how do you play games on that dinosaur
author=Dyhalto
I only have two other options; one that frequently flickers and another that's just... uneven.

You forgot the option where you buy a new one and join the rest of us in the 21st century :3

A game doesn't last long in the latest downloads sections, I don't see it as a huge deal that a game appears in 2 sections for a few days. A buzzing game shows what people are talking about and latest downloads indicate when a new version might be released. They each have their own purpose and they shouldn't really affect one another. One could argue that a featured game or a "gamespot" game shouldn't appear in these sections. Or that a game should never have more than 1 screen in the latest screen section. Where does it end?
I was just wondering, is it ok to move this bar:

on the right side instead? I get mad at it whenever I want to just click manage games fast or having to move to a new page (than refresh) just to click on it
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
It should go away after a few seconds.
Except a few seconds isn't FAST enough since I'm all fast and giddy :P
It's like, come on the page loaded already and I scrolled up and down waiting for you to disappear damnit. It's either that the seconds are slow or they're just awfully long in my side.
I'm liking the Random Screenshots section. It's nice for the casual browser when one or two catch my eye, and it provides an additional advertising source for games that fall out of activity after awhile (like Completed games).
New Question : Is there any kind of algorithm that reduces exposure to screenshots from games that are Cancelled or haven't been updated in two years?

author=Link_2112
You forgot the option where you buy a new one and join the rest of us in the 21st century :3

Yeah, we did survive that whole Y2K thing, didn't we? :3
But then we have planetary alignment solar flare magnetic storm planet x nibiru new madrid quake in 2012 don't we? D:
author=dyhalto
New Question : Is there any kind of algorithm that reduces exposure to screenshots from games that are Cancelled or haven't been updated in two years?

woah woah let us not hinder several projects that have inspired me despite their lack of progress.

One could argue that a featured game or a "gamespot" game shouldn't appear in these sections. Or that a game should never have more than 1 screen in the latest screen section. Where does it end

it ends where 2 sections right next to each other should not be featuring 2 of the same games taking up double the space they should be showing.