RMNV4 FEEDBACK

kentona
I am tired of Earth. These people. I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives.
You should really add the "Misao" link back on top, now that the front page no longer has any "obvious" links to Misao. If you don't, this year's Misao votes will surely be worse than last year in the numbers.
kentona
I am tired of Earth. These people. I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives.
author=eplipswich
You should really add the "Misao" link back on top, now that the front page no longer has any "obvious" links to Misao. If you don't, this year's Misao votes will surely be worse than last year in the numbers.
I think they are going to be worse than last years by virtue of not starting until September.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
That, and a lack of AAG.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
This is a direct response to a frustratingly tedious attempt to delete unnecessary images from my ridiculously cluttered locker and finding that I needed to keep tons and tons of images there so that all of my reviews wouldn't suddenly become errored, so keep that in mind, BUT:

I think the most important feature of RMN v4.NEXT should be the ability to link/upload images to reviews directly.

I just noticed that even with tiny PNGs, I would not have been able to host the images for the handful of reviews I have submitted without the ridiculous amount of locker space I have from making like a hundred billion goddamn games.

Asking people to sacrifice locker space so that their reviews can have images is not cool. If you want more reviews, maybe make including screenshots in reviews less of a pain in the butt? Just a thought. I mean you could always write reviews without screenshots, but screenshots and captions can really add a lot to a review.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
author=LockeZ
Clearly we need a thing like My Google or whatever the hell, where it lets users customize which items are shows on the page for them.

My front page would be Latest Articles, Latest Posts, Latest Scripts, and 80 random screenshots. And then I still would never visit the front page anyway and would continue to just have my RMN bookmark go straight to the forum.

That's probably a lot of work, but I would love something like that.
kentona
Well, there's always photobucket...

I don't think insufficient lockerspace is a barrier to entry here. Also, I have addressed this issue in another thread, saying that if you need extra space for a submission, just PM me and I can give it to you.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
fair point
If I post a new blog, on my gamepage that one shows as the "Latest Blog".

Then later if someone posts on an older blog, that old one becomes the "Latest Blog".

Should it really work like that?

*About what Max was talking about. Did I read somewhere that we are getting folders for our lockers? That would help with the clutter of all those images. Or, Max, for future reference; Any image you use in a thread or review start the file name with Z so that it always appears at the end of your locker. If clutter is a really a problem for you.
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
Frankly I'd like a list of active members to be displayed at the bottom of the screen; AFAIK it's not possible to see who's signed in which can make it rather hard to know if one's message will receive a swift response or not.
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
author=BurningTyger
Frankly I'd like a list of active members to be displayed at the bottom of the screen; AFAIK it's not possible to see who's signed in which can make it rather hard to know if one's message will receive a swift response or not.

Exactly! Or some way to indicate whether someone is online.
kentona
author=Link_2112

Then later if someone posts on an older blog, that old one becomes the "Latest Blog".

Where is this behaviour occurring?

author=Adon237
author=BurningTyger

It's not really possible, sorry.
author=kentona
author=Adon237
author=BurningTyger
It's not really possible, sorry.

You can put the name of the poster and associate their post, but can't put a list of active users on the bottom? That's a little odd.

Whenever someone logs in they send a message to the server indicating that they have logged in. All you need to do is catch that, and store the persons name. Then when they become inactive, catch the next message and remove their name from a list.

Use HTML to display the names at the bottom of the forum.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=kentona
author=Link_2112

It doesn't happen on the front page of the game, but when you click "Blog" it happens. http://rpgmaker.net/games/2322/blog/

author=Radnen
Whenever someone logs in they send a message to the server indicating that they have logged in. All you need to do is catch that, and store the persons name. Then when they become inactive, catch the next message and remove their name from a list.
I assume detecting when they become inactive is the hard part. A message would have to be sent to the server everytime any user clicks any link, to record the last time that user was active. Probably that's not something the site does right now, and it would be a lot of work to add.
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
author=LockeZ
stuff

Doesn't the page already need to fetch the users name (ie your name on the top bar there) for every page? Seems like you could rig up something to work from that. Like add it to a list then clear that list like every 10 minutes or something.
author=kentona
author=Link_2112

http://rpgmaker.net/games/2322/
Latest Blog
This is what happens when I have no internet.

Link_2112 7 post(s) 01/14/2012 09:51 AM

However, "Final "demo" released + Story Idea" is my true latest blog.
kentona
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
Having the thumbnail-locker-viwer-dealybob in the locker or better yet on the top bar would be pretty fantastic.

I keep going into the post box to find images since I'm a derp and name everything incoherently. :>
Sure wish I could rename files in my locker
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
If some one could fix the bug that consists in throwing in 500 downloads or so to the most unknown games, often in 2 hours or so, it would certainly help. It makes it impossible to follow those games in their evolution, also, if the makers are not responsible for this it puts a stigma on them, which, in this case, would be totally unfair. I, personally would really like this joke to cease, particularly for the second reason. I really do not know what to think.