MARIO KART WII

Pages: first 12 next last

I am surprised that nobody has created a topic on this yet, but i guess it hasn't been out that long. I just bought this game the other day and i must say it is awesome. Definitely stands out better than the one that was on the 64. Here are a list of the playable characters.

Baby Daisy
Baby Luigi
Baby Mario
Baby Peach
Birdo
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Daisy
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Dry Bones
Dry Bowser
Funky Kong
King Boo
Koopa Troopa
Luigi
Mario
Mii
Peach
Rosalina
Toad
Toadette
Waluigi
Wario
Yoshi

In Mario Kart you can choose any one of up to 25 unique characters to operate their kart, which are separated into various classes of weight. The weight of a character affects his or her performance on the track as well as what types of karts or motorbikes are compatible with that character. Each character has unique abilities, making them more suited to certain playing styles, and less suited to others. You then race across various tracks. Each track has a unique shape, as well as different obstacles and hazards to avoid. The game includes a total of 32 different tracks, half of which are remakes of tracks from previous Mario Kart games, and up to twelve characters can participate in a race.

You can obtain items by driving through item boxes, which can be used for either defense, offense or for powering up the engine for a short amount of time. While most items have appeared in previous iterations, new ones have been introduced, such as the Mega Mushroom, which allows the character to grow to an enormous size and flatten opposing characters, and the Thunder Cloud, which causes lightning to strike and shrink the player unless it is passed on to someone else. Also featured is the ability to slipstream. If the player is close enough, light blue streaks will start flying by their kart, and their speed will begin to increase. If the player maintains this position long enough, they will receive a noticeable speed boost, allowing them to easily overtake and pass the opponent.

Overall this game is worth is a play, especially if you are a fan of the earlier games.

I am looking forward to playing this game (and buying it), but I am also looking for money. Rent > games, unfortunately.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
author=kentona link=topic=950.msg12871#msg12871 date=1208884626
I am looking forward to playing this game (and buying it), but I am also looking for money. Rent > games, unfortunately.

Sell one of every organ you have 2 of and you'll be fine.
I will definately buy this asap!

(Sees second screenshot)
Is Toad riding a motorcycle? Cool.
Its already out where I live, just haven't got it yet. For the record. Who the hell is this Rosalina chick?
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Rosalina is from Mario Galaxy. She has an emo swash of hair in her face.

Also, I am probably going to get this in the next month or so. We should setup some matches with RMN folks.
That sounds like a good idea wip. We could hold a tournament for it and the winner can win a prize, although i am not sure what though. :-\
The game isn't all that I thought it'd be but meh I guess I really shouldn't expect much of games these days.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Apparently the single player is lame and the multiplayer is awesome.
Yeah, the single player is alright but it isn't the best. Multiplayer is pretty awesome but i seem to beat my friends too easy so it's getting boring. 8)

Haven't tried online yet but i presume it would be good.
...Mario Kart Wii doesn't come out until the 27th...
author=kentona link=topic=950.msg13192#msg13192 date=1209134157

A lot of countries got the game a weeks ago. I thought Canada was one of them?
WIP
It's out in Europe already.

You mean SSBB doesn't come out until the 27th of June. >.>

MKWii's main selling point is the wifi stuff. While it's fun it completely ruins the offline multiplayer, I mean no co-op Grand Prix, c'mon!
author=brandonabley link=topic=950.msg13203#msg13203 date=1209140390

A lot of countries got the game a weeks ago. I thought Canada was one of them?
I looked on a map, and it turns out Canada is part of North America!
author=tsimehC link=topic=950.msg13208#msg13208 date=1209142917

You mean SSBB doesn't come out until the 27th of June. >.>

27th of June? Do you live in Australia? I remember when i went on my last holiday there my mate was pissed because he had to wait till late june for it to come out.

author=kentona link=topic=950.msg13213#msg13213 date=1209145937

Well, i checked on the official site and it supposebly came out in North America on April 17.
It just came out today here! And I bought it :)

Also, I live in Canada. We're actually not part of North America. We're "Really North America".
author=kentona link=topic=950.msg13213#msg13213 date=1209145937

Man don't be a stink. There are a lot of games that come out in the US a few weeks/months before Canada and you know it.
Fucking Terrible Game.

No two-player Grand Prix, only 'Team' battle modes no free-for-all and forces you to have 12 (or is it 16?) players total and uses bots to fill in the gaps.

The 'wheel' (sideways remote) controls are terrible, and always inferior to a GCN Controller or Motechuck.
I don't consider it terrible, but those are definitely flaws. :(
I wish the multiplayer modes were more customizable. But it's still a lot of fun. Also, the wheel is fun. The controller might be more useful for winning, but the wheel is probably more fun.
Pages: first 12 next last