WHAT WAS THE FIRST GAME YOU EVER PLAYED?

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Some of my first memories are of playing Terminator II on the NES. I might have played Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt before that, but I'm pretty sure my first memories of those games came afterwards. I was practically born gaming.
author=Craze link=topic=968.msg13416#msg13416 date=1209331632

i think your pictures gone. ;)
Magi
Resident Terrapin
It was either Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES or Mega Man III for the Game Boy. I can't remember which, but I became obsessed with both of them. I had memorized the exact layout of pretty much every stage in both of those games, that's how often I played both.

These days... I can rarely bring myself to replay a game more than once.
I am pretty sure it was commander keen.

The first game of my own that I ever really played was Lion King for the Genesis. Fuck yeah.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
I think the first game I ever played was.. Alex The Kidd on the old Sega Master System, man that was a hard game back in the day haha. ;)
yes, that was a great game. I really enjoyed the music especially the theme song. I too agree that the game was fairly challenging especially when you had to play rock paper scissors. ;D
First game ever I played was Super Mario Nes!

First PS1 game was Crash Banditoot 3

First PS2 game was... uh... I cant recall D:
I wish I could remember.

I've been gaming for no reason since a kid.. I think it was a windows 3.1 msdos game.

The game that got me hooked on rpg's was FFVII, it was my first rpg.. I've been gaming hardcore ever since.
My first RPG I ever played was Dragon Warrior for the NES.

It came free with a subscription to Nintendo Power back in the day. It also came with a bunch of maps, item sheets, walkthrough (sorta) and a healthy dose of awesome.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
So that explains the soul of kentona....

Do you still have that stuff? It'd be cool if you could scan the sheets and show them off!
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
author=kentona link=topic=968.msg13653#msg13653 date=1209567424

It came free with a subscription to Nintendo Power back in the day. It also came with a bunch of maps, item sheets, walkthrough (sorta) and a healthy dose of awesome.

I'm going to die of nostalgia overload.
author=kentona link=topic=968.msg13653#msg13653 date=1209567424

Ha, i could have guessed anyday that it would have been Dragon Warrior. I of course bought the game and didn't recieve any freebies at all, well except for the healthy dose of awesome. But i too would like to see these maps, item sheets etc.
author=harmonic link=topic=968.msg13188#msg13188 date=1209133485
Super Mario Bros for the NES
Same here. Also, Dragon Warrior was my first RPG while Final Fantasy VI was the game that really got me into RPGs.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Well since were talking about what games introduced us into stuff as well then I will have to say Final Fantasy VII was actually not the first Rpg I played but the one that got me hooked on the genre, I mean if it wasn't for that game I don't even know what games I would have become interested in haha.

Also the game that introduced me to Rpgmaker was good ole Legion Saga III, good shit.
Grand Theft Auto 4

(100% on Metacritic)
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
I am going to start deleting your posts, Him. And for the record you twit the game has a 99% average on Metacritic. That means that it is no longer the "best game ever made" because Ocarina of Time has the same rating.

BTW next post you make about GTA4 that is unrelated to the thread I am going to do something nasty to you.
author=WIP link=topic=968.msg13818#msg13818 date=1209662844
And for the record you twit the game has a 99% average on Metacritic.

PS3 version has 100%:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/grandtheftauto4
I'm pretty sure it was Super Mario World for the SNES. The first games I ever owned were SM64 and Cruisn' USA.