(VX - MELODY) RAGE-REDUCING SKILL NOT WORKING?

Pages: 1
Melkino
solos collectors on purpose
So I'm trying to make a skill that's supposed to reduce an enemy's rage by using the "target rage" notetag. The notetag's supposed to do this:

<target rage: +x> or <target rage: -x>
This will raise/lower the amount of accumulated rage for the target by x value. Targeting a unit's rage will be affected by any potential states that will affect the target's rage gain.

But for some reason, the skill does nothing in battle except raise the enemy's rage as if I attacked it normally. Am I using the wrong notetag or something?

Here's a database screenshot of the skill in question:
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I've noticed this isn't working, also.

I will try to bring this to YF's attention if he's around next time I pop into the IRC. Although the YF is a reclusive creature. : )
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
YF doesn't care about Melody, Max, so don't bother him.

Search for def earn_rage in BEM V. Change the line value = obj.rage_target to value = obj.target_rage.
Max and OP, if you want melody support go here: yamiworld.wordpress.com and talk to Yami sometimes. He's the one managing Melody Engine now.

(Aside from craze and the forum here)
Melkino
@Craze: Tried it in my game as well as a vanilla Melody demo, and they both crashed when I tried to cast anything...
(undefined method: 'target_rage')

@Archeia: I think I may try that later
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Melkino: Oh, well, didn't actually test, just went by the scripts. /me digs deeper

EDIT: Try this:

Change the previous BEM V edit BACK to rage_target. Change Line ~1170 from:

when YEM::REGEXP::USABLEITEM::TARG_RAGE
@target_rage = $1.to_i

when YEM::REGEXP::USABLEITEM::TARG_RAGE
@rage_target = $1.to_i

that should do it =P
Melkino
\o/
It seems to be working now--well, the game stopped crashing, anyway. Thanks!
Max McGee

You are not and shall never be the boss of me.

Max and OP, if you want melody support go here: yamiworld.wordpress.com and talk to Yami sometimes. He's the one managing Melody Engine now.

Thank you. : )
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
author=Max McGee
You are not and shall never be the boss of me.

Can we at least pretend we aren't 12 years old? Jesus Christ. I know there's some bad blood but Craze was making a completely valid point re: don't waste your time and Yanfly's in the same breath. He's also an excellent resource about VX, so there's no reason not to take his advice. If you really can't stomach it, be the bigger man and don't respond, instead of literally shrieking YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!

That being said, there's some other mistakes that come in YEM by default. I know a lot of them off the top of my head, but maybe we should put them in a forum thread or in the VX Scripts section of the site? It'd be easy enough to lump a few scripts together for "YEM Fixes."
Max McGee
Versalia, if I may explain myself, his tone was imperious and bossy, and that was what was not appreciated. (That "you are not the boss of me" is something a 12 year old would say was certainly not lost on me, and was calculated humor/irony to lighten what I was saying/be less confrontational/etcetera.)

I do not want to start any more "Max Vs. Craze" so please let that be all there is to say about it, please.
Pages: 1