TOP TEN TOPIC: FAVORITE VIDEO GAMES

Pages: first prev 123 next last
You know, the half the point of a Top 10 list is to rank the list (to all you people who say no partikulaar ordur durrrr)

Great list, Shinan.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
author=brandonabley link=topic=998.msg13842#msg13842 date=1209669440
Well the PS3 version does have ever-so-slightly better graphical performance.
The 360 version outputs at 720p while the PS3 version displays at a lower 650p or so.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
author=kentona link=topic=998.msg13852#msg13852 date=1209673823
Great list, Shinan.

I would agree if he hadn't included games he hasn't even played on the list.

author=Shinan link=topic=998.msg13847#msg13847 date=1209670767
6. Grand Theft Auto 4
I haven't played it yet.
I thought the PS3 was 1080p??

...and yeah, WHY did you include a game in your Favorite list if you haven't played it yet, Shinan?
Starscream
Both the PS3 and Xbox 360 advertise games as being 1080p on the back of the box, but is (usually) means the hardware is scaling it from another resolution, likely being 720p.

Halo 3 is a pretty good example of it -- the back of the box says 1080p, but it's only meant as "compatible" and actually renders at something like 640p. (Most sources have Grand Theft Auto IV for the PS3 at 620-640p.)

There are a few games that can actually do a true 1080p, but they are far and few between.

Most of this is just marketing screwing over consumers because there is no real, iso solid definition of HD or "true HD" as Sony likes to put it.

if it is true that ps3 runs at a lower res than the xbox 360, then it is xbox 360 who should be ashamed cause it has been OFFICIALLY confirmed that ps3 has a little better graphics than the xbox 360. So knowing this, even at a lower res, Ps3 beats xbox 360
Because my list was mostly genrelists. And although the other GTA's might have almost made it the improvements in GTA4 (the small upgrades in certain aspects that I know for a fact are there) are enough to push it into the list.

Now. Of course. If the game really fails in gameplay and manages to botch all the things they did fairly badly in the originals (making controls even worse, making the plopping of cars and people about one feet away instead of ten feet away) then it has no place in my list.

But so far no one has said any of that. It seems as if it is at least as good as GTA3. So it fits in the list.
Also the radio channels are the most important aspect and they certainly haven't botched that!
Starscream
Then maybe you should include your previous favorite GTA game instead of guessing on the new one.
Pfft. Why would I do that? When the previous favorite is clearly inferior? (Objectively speaking)
Starscream
Because you have never played the latest entry in the series and are basing your rating on someone else's opinion?

Seriously, GTAIV has gotten a lot of hype, rightly so, but let's play it for ourselves before crowning it.
author=kentona link=topic=998.msg13852#msg13852 date=1209673823
You know, the half the point of a Top 10 list is to rank the list (to all you people who say no partikulaar ordur durrrr)

This is a Top Ten list, not a Rank your Top Ten list. If a list isn't mentioned in the first post then I believe I met all required criteria in my post.

Plus I'm very indecisive and forgetful which makes it hard to actually rank them. :(
pfffft! Has no one heard of Late Show with David Letterman? Or the Top 40 billboards?

The Top X of Y always lists the items in rank. Yeesh.

Ryan Seacrest out.
Pshaw. If they want to play by their own rules, all 99% of them, fine. However this is a public poll on the Internet subject to each own's interpretation of what is expected. You have to be clear about what is expected, such as ranking the Top Ten. Just because Letterman does it doesn't make it law.

Sorry David Letterman

10. The Elder Scrolls (series)
9. Dragon Warrior 3
8. Super Mario Bros. 3
7. Age of Empires 3
6. Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
5. StarOcean: Till the end of Time
4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3. Assassin's Creed
2. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War: Soulstorm
1. Diablo II
author=GreatRedSpirit link=topic=998.msg13869#msg13869 date=1209683197
Pshaw. If they want to play by their own rules, all 99% of them, fine. However this is a public poll on the Internet subject to each own's interpretation of what is expected. You have to be clear about what is expected, such as ranking the Top Ten. Just because Letterman does it doesn't make it law.

Sorry David Letterman

oh, yes it does make it law. David Letterman is my inspiration. :D
What? This is insufferable! I'm going to take this to Internet Court! (and in the meantime here's the ranked list please don't take me to Internet jail)

author=GreatRedSpirit link=topic=998.msg13744#msg13744 date=1209614776
1) Okami
2) Final Fantasy Tactics
3) Final Fantasy 6
4) Valkyrie Profile
5) Wild ARMs 3
6) Super Metroid
7) Chrono Trigger
8) Secret of Mana
9) Ace Combat 5
10) Mario 64 Legend of Cao Cao (Knew I was forgetting something)

Slightly fixed, since I'm very forgetful. Oops.
1) Super Mario Brothers 3
2) Zelda 3
3) Starcraft
4) Final Fantasy 3(6)
5) Ocarina of Time
6) Tetris
7) Super Mario Kart
8) Final Fantasy Tactics
9) Super Smash Brothers Melee
10) Metroid Prime

I'm such a nintendo fanboy. =\
I shall try my best!

1) Earthbound
2) Super Metroid
3) A Blurred Line (You heard me, now get on it LYS!)
4) Dragon Quest VIII
5) Final Fantasy VIII
6) Final Fantasy V
7) Pokemon Red
8) The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker
9) Donkey Kong Country
10) Metroid: Fusion
YDS
member of the bull moose party
1. Terranigma
2. Suikoden II
3. Final Fantasy VI
4. Earthbound
5. Chrono Trigger
6. Xenogears
7. Breath of Fire II
8. Tales of Phantasia
8. Lufia II
9. Final Fantasy IX
10. Super Mario RPG

I am such a oldie fanboy.
pffft hardly. No NES games? ;)
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
Not in order

1.Tales of Symphonia
2.Resident Evil
3.Halo
4.Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
5.Persona 3
6.Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
7.Dynasty Warriors 4
8.Super Mario 64
9.Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
10.Kingdom Hearts
Pages: first prev 123 next last