DESCRIPTION: This is a basic script whose purpose is to help organize your game's important variables, for example, player name, where the player is, and their progression. It will also allow for multiple save and load slots. You can add new functions and variables in this script, just make sure that you follow the format that I used. The code is easy to follow, so beginners shouldn't find it hard to change.
HOW TO USE: - Make a new C# script in your project and name it "GameManager".
- Open the file and paste this script.
- Add variables and functions you need. Best way to do this is to copy/paste functions I have already made.
- Access this script from other scripts as shown in the script.
- Make a variable that will contain the script shown inside the GameManager script.
- Drag the GameManger script onto the variable in the editor
- Use the lines of code shown inside the GameManager script to access the GameManager
CONFUSED? Scroll down to each function to see what each do. This way, it will be easier to make your own.
WANT MORE FEATURES? Comment below with your ideas and I will try to implement them in future versions.