STORY LINE MAKER EVENT

Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
Originally a judging panel was going to review the entries, but I ended up being the only judge in the event. The sypnosis idea sounds like a good idea. That would made this a lot easier. Oh, and I unfortunately didn't keep a list of the submittees, so unless everyone posted who had submitted, which would be more confusing and tedious, I'm just waiting. I didn't think it would take this long and I'm glad everyone is sticking with it!
Kind of a jerk move on my part, but I need clarification on something at this point: Didn't all submissions come in via PM? So, does that mean that not only did you not keep a record of them, but that you had to deliberately delete them out of your inbox?
Blobofgoo
I deleted the first few and then realized I shouldn't have. I kept the rest but was still missing some.

My birthday is Jan 17 by the way. Not really sure why that matters.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
All I know about hero_bash is that he posted his story in the thread proper, and I'm supposing his entry might have been the one that was posted twice in the OP before one of the copies was taken down.

Or, maybe he's trying to mentally suggest something. I dunno.
Blobofgoo
I got'em all!
Blobofgoo
Best - 9 - The Source (Killer Wolf)
Creative - 10 - Ambiguous State of Time (MrChearlie)
Humor - 1 - Reginald the Ichthyophobe (Sbester)
Suspense - 9 - The Source
Romance - 1/2 - Reginald the Ichthyophobe/Aureo and Maui (Spirit_young)

These are the winners. Now to do all the post event stuff like achievements, putting up names and everything else.

Congrats!
I saw my maker score jumped up and wondered why, now it makes sense! Thanks to everyone who voted for The Source, and congratulations to the other winners!
Woah, 3 achievements in one night! Thanks all! And to think it took me all of like 10 minutes to write :)
author=sbester
Woah, 3 achievements in one night! Thanks all! And to think it took me all of like 10 minutes to write :)

Show off. >.< Really like your story btw. ^w^
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Sure, nobody voted for my story whatsoever, but, oh well. Next time! Next time...!
Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
Oh hey, well done everyone who won! And congratulations on the achievement to all who participated - it's something, anyway. :P

So Blobby, do you think this type of competition will be continued?
Blobofgoo
author=Caz
So Blobby, do you think this type of competition will be continued?
Yes, as llong as I have someone to help me @_@

Names are now up

Edit: Now the event is all over. *gasp*
Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
Well I'd happily volunteer to do some judging or help work out some rules!
Blobofgoo
Let's start out with the rules. A sypnosis seems like the best idea. I'm thinking that we could have a judge phase first for all the entries and narrow it down. The entries in the "finals" could be voted on. This way it would be easy for people to read.
I think meeting length requirements and adequately using the theme should have a role in judging. I don't mean to say that entrees that go over the word count should be disqualified but I don't want to read three 200 word synopsis' and then get to a monster 600 word story.
Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
Maybe you lose 1 point for every 10 words you go over the limit or something. That'd really discourage people from going over the limit, and quite a bit can be said in 10 words.

If you judged entries in the same categories like with the Story Line competition:
- Romance
- Thriller/Suspense
- Comedy

Perhaps each entry is marked out of 5 on each. Then possibly there'll be a total of five theme requirements, for example:
- Must use the word 'pantry' (1 point)
- Must be about ninjas (1 point)
- Must contain a secret cave (1 point)
- Must not use the word 'like' (1 point)
- Theme: daring adventure (1 point)

So if you do all of those things, you get the full 5 points. If you only do 3, you get 3 points, etc.

The numbers may need fixing around, this is just off the top of my head as an example. :P But I doubt anyone would get the full marks, especially considering it'd have to be the most thrilling, romantic and hilarious 200 word synopsis ever written. XD
So then the highest scoring pieces would make it to the final round and be voted on.

Or perhaps you'd have the highest scoring pieces in each category. Top 2-3 in romance, top 2-3 in thriller/suspense, top 2-3 in comedy. That way there would only be 6 to 9 entries at around 200 words a piece to judge.

It might be a larger pool if a whole ton of people entered something; especially if you had ties for points.