STORY LINE MAKER EVENT

Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
What? I haven't posted winners. The edit is the ones I'm still waiting for. Now I'm missing 7 and 14
Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
Just missing #7 now!
author=Blobofgoo
Just missing #7 now!
by process of elimination, can't you figure the last one out?
author=kentona
author=Blobofgoo
Just missing #7 now!

That is true, can you try this BoG?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=kentona
author=Blobofgoo
Just missing #7 now!

There's no public list of who made a submission. I mean no offense, but considering how much of a mess this has been, I somehow doubt that Blobofgoo kept such a list for himself.

*Edit: I'm kinda hoping to be proved wrong, here.
Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
Well I'm certainly given a few ideas for some future competitions, maybe.. Perhaps the "Story Synopsis Maker Event" where you have a week to write two paragraphs (no longer than 100 words). This would mean no one would have trouble reading through every single entry.

Naturally, there'd be a theme or requirement like you must use the word "egregious" at least twice in the synopsis. Or it must be about a pirate ship. Or there must be themes of self-loathing. Or all three!

Do you think something like this might be a little easier to execute?
@Caz: I think it would be easier to judge for sure. X amount of points for fulfilling the requirements (pirate theme/self-loathing/etc.). X amount of points for meeting required length (not going over 100 words). X amount of points for style and creativity. Something like that could definitely work.
I actually write my storyline the smallest I could so it was more confortable to read, but well, I would like to take part in that synopsis event like caz is saying. I would say between 300 and 500 maybe, but either way is a good idea.
Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
Do you think it's better to let the audience do the judging or have set judges from the beginning? I like the idea of a points system though, that'd certainly make judging much easier!

And yes, maybe a few more words. I was being quite harsh because I was taking into consideration the length people would go to in reading the entries before simply giving up. If it was a set judge, though, they'd have no choice but to read them all.
I actually prefer judges :9
author=Caz
Do you think it's better to let the audience do the judging or have set judges from the beginning?

The only thing I like about America, is democracy, I don' know anything else I like about it to tell you the truth.
So I would probably like the audience to vote, using a voting system instead of a point system. Really, I find if there are multiple judges, the point system works better, because as not everyone wants to read long stories all the time, no one wants to vote on a whole bunch of stories for everything they did, add up the points for each story, and then hope that your favorite in points wins. And it would be hard to keep track of and hard to do, because someone else would have to count up all the over all points of each story, and then finally be done.
Meanwhile one judge doing the normal voting system would be kind of unfair, because they're choosing the winning story, and unless they won't take bribes or are unbiased in any way, it would be really unfair for the person who made the true winning story that everyone loved except for him/her.
So, if there is only 1 judge:point system.
If there are multiple judges, or a participating audience:voting/democracy system.

BTW: What type government does Japan have?
I like the theory behind having open voting for these events, but since people not reading all of the stories because they're too long is an issue, I think that having a panel of judges would be better in this case. Rating things on a scale of 100 points seems needlessly precise: I'd say just having judges rate them from 0-5 (or even 0-3) should be sufficient.

author=pyrodoom
BTW: What type government does Japan have?

Constitutional Monarchy. Bicameral legislature (The Diet) headed by a prime minister, with the position of Emperor as a mostly ceremonial post.
There needs to be a balance of structure and freedom. I like the idea of grading/requiring certain elements as part of the scoring. The idea is to have a cohesive event that still feels inclusive enough to draw people in.

For future iterations of this contest, I suggest a first round where a judging panel evaluates the stories for adherence to theme, basic readability, and style. The stories/authors who make it through this first checkpoint then have their work evaluated by a wider judging pool (ie, the other contributors, etc).

Having a smaller set of finalists would fix the problem of expecting everyone to read EVERY story before voting.
Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
Oh man, that'd be cool! Like, maybe if your story's synopsis is selected in the final 3 after the first checkpoint, you've gotta write another little bit or perhaps the first page of your story or.. hell, maybe even a storyline? :P

I'd say people are quite divided when it comes to judging. I'll agree that letting everyone judge is fair but what happens if by a certain time not enough people have voted? And I suppose the audience could be just as biased as a set panel of judges. Someone sees a member they like voting for entry #4, so they think, "eh, can't be bothered to read it but that seems like a popular choice, so I'll vote for #4 too."
Well, instead of everyone posting their votes on the thread, they could send a pm. That way, it wouldn't devolve into a popularity contest. As long as the person tallying the votes was honest, then it would work.
author=Irili
Well, instead of everyone posting their votes on the thread, they could send a pm. That way, it wouldn't devolve into a popularity contest. As long as the person tallying the votes was honest, then it would work.

Perfect, now all we need is to find an honest person that wouldn't lie to make the winner someone they want.*searches* Nope, couldn't find anyone.
^ I really don't see how someone would be dishonest knowing the persons that run this place, so, *searches* I pretty sure someone will be able to be a honest judge
author=MrChearlie
^ I really don't see how someone would be dishonest knowing the persons that run this place, so, *searches* I pretty sure someone will be able to be a honest judge

Lol, I know, I'm just joking. Did someone really take that literally?
apparently me, (internet needs a sarcasm thing) I really didn't though it was joke :P