STORY LINE MAKER EVENT

Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
Yeah that'd be really cool, especially if a lot more people joined up! I think writing a 200 word synopsis is a lot less to ask, so I'm hoping more people will want to join in.

But what would happen to those 6-9 finalists after they're voted best in category? Would they have to write another synopsis under different requirement rules, or perhaps a first page to their story? Or maybe even something completely different?
Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
Writing something completely different is favorable to me.
Completely different in what way though? Same requirements but another plot with different characters?

I like the idea of the first page of the story being written. That way, there is more to vote on by the masses.

EDIT: Either way, the entries should probably stay anonymous when being voted on. Otherwise we get more popularity contests. Votes by PM as well.
Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
I think that it should link back to the original synopsis at all times, and you should get points for how well it links back to it. You could always introduce different characters in your next piece, but it should carry that same vibe and themes. And maybe more themes should be added as you go along.. you know, just to make it difficult and more interesting to read/judge.

Maybe if you got those 9 finalists to write something a bit bigger than a synopsis but less than a page.. Maybe a descriptive piece about a character or location in the story? Then that gets narrowed down further to 3 people who have to write the first page (maybe 600 words?) of the story? That way, the judges wouldn't have to read quite so much and it would still keep it interesting and fresh.

As an example:

Round 1:
Write a 200 word synopsis including these themes:
- Must use the word 'pantry'
- Must be about ninjas
- Must contain a secret cave
- Must not use the word 'like'
- Theme: daring adventure

Round 2:
The 9 finalists chosen must write a descriptive piece (200 words) on a character. The character:
- Must be called George/Georgia
- Must wear some kind of mask
- Must be over the age of 60

Round 3:
The 3 finalists from the past round must write a first page to the story (600 words). It:
- Must be based loosely around the beginning synopsis
- Must include your character from round 2
- Must end in a shark attack
Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
Wow! You've got it down! Maybe you should host the next one!
Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
Naw, I'm not sure I could handle the pressure of getting things posted at specific times currently, like results, etc. :P I'm happy to offer my suggestions on the competition, though!
A three part writing competition sounds super cool though. Sort of like what Liberty has been doing with CLOSAT.
Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
(Don't tell her but I totally stole the 'character/location descriptive piece' idea from CLOSAT. XD)
Hey Caz. Your idea is great! And if you don't think you could handle making sure things are set at a deadline, I'm sure you could get someone to help!

To be honest, I wouldn't mind offering my time to assist you if needed be, but I would want to join the contest... >.>
Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
Thanks, but I can't take all the credit for the idea considering all I really did was rehash the original competition and steal the hell out of Liberty's creative writing thread. XD

I'd say quite a few judges would be needed for this, probably at least three. I'd personally volunteer, but the whole timing issue.. Anyone else want to do it? You could still enter, it just wouldn't get judged..

Orrrrr the three (or however many) judges all enter too, and the audience votes on them in a separate ballot? So you'd have the actual winners from the public who've entered and been selected to go into the finals who are voted for by the judges, and then in a completely separate competition which follows the same rules, the judges write their own synopsis/stories which are made public on the thread for everyone else to vote for (similar to how the Storyline Competition went). Then there'll be the real winners who gets achievements, and one special judge who gets bragging rights.