WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Only 4 spots left in the Mafia game! It's the flavour of Dudesoft and the Mafia sensibilities of Cave Dog! Sign up before it's too late!
/taps a cane on his podium. Step right up, step right up!

Edit: maybe 5 spots. Looks like blobofgoo hasn't been around for 2 months!
Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
I am thinking that I would like to see longer gam mak competitions - like maybe two or three months to make a game instead of two weeks in which you in fact only get about 4 free days to make it. D:
@Mr_Detective: Ah, one of THOSE. Yeah, it really makes a huge difference who your teacher is, for sure. My chem teacher was nice, but she wasn't the greatest at teaching the subject so that was tough. Cram courses usually are a biotch like that though. -shrugs- And OMG I LOVE THAT DOBERMAN! :D That's NOT scary. That' damn OSSUM!!!

@Dudesoft: I already DID. I'm just making a character and stuff~

@Wes: Haha, yeah, smile dog does bring up some pretty interestingly creepy pictures!
author=Caz
I am thinking that I would like to see longer gam mak competitions - like maybe two or three months to make a game instead of two weeks in which you in fact only get about 4 free days to make it. D:
at this point, isn't this the point of the entire site? to make games and post them and get makerscore/downloads/fame?
Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
Yeah but I want people to tell me to do stuff, or I'll be lazy and never get around to it. Also deadlines help too.
Dudesoft
Caz make me a game about Halloween treats, and dinosaurs.

Edit: deadline is three months.

Editedit; I get what Caz is saying. The point of the site is Gam Mak. The purpose of competition is... Competition and prizes!
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
We should make a game where the bosses are memebers of the RMN community. I'd like to see THAT as an event.

Additionally the last few 'all-of-em' SMBX events have been collaborations along the lines of "making an entire game" instead of just making a level as part of a contest. Which I think would be a better way to get people to have fun with the engine without feeling as though they're committed to a big project.

Plus Zelda Classic is an engine now (and a good one) so it should have an event down the road one day....as long as it's just along the lines of "make a dungeon" instead of a whole game cuz a whole game wouldn't turn out very good.

CAZ. MAKE A GAME IN ZELDA CLASSIC.
I can't decide whether a community game like we had back at rmvx would be great or lame

it seems like most of the time they wound up as extended in-jokes with not a lot of appeal if you weren't from there, but if people took steps to make something with broader appeal that just drew on this place for characters and themes and so on, it could be interesting.

giving people things that sound more like real-ass names than plain usernames would be a start in the right direction.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Caz
Yeah but I want people to tell me to do stuff, or I'll be lazy and never get around to it. Also deadlines help too.
Agreed. The only projects I've ever done significant work on were competition ones. There's just something about wanting to be the very best like no one ever was.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Isrieri
We should make a game where the bosses are memebers of the RMN community. I'd like to see THAT as an event.

I would be terrified of what my boss would end up as. Since half the stuff I do is boss design articles and boss design contests, I'm assuming whoever coded me would go out of their way to make it as poorly designed as possible. I would probably have an area instant death spell with a 0% hitrate, randomly change immunities every round without telling you, deal completely random amounts of nonelemental raw damage, heal myself to full at totally random intervals, and paralyze the entire player party for 45 seconds but only attack once during that time. And the paralyze skill would be named Def Down.
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
author=LockeZ
I would be terrified of what my boss would end up as. Since half the stuff I do is boss design articles and boss design contests, I'm assuming whoever coded me would go out of their way to make it as poorly designed as possible. I would probably have an area instant death spell with a 0% hitrate, randomly change immunities every round without telling you, deal completely random amounts of nonelemental raw damage, heal myself to full at totally random intervals, and paralyze the entire player party for 45 seconds but only attack once during that time. And the paralyze skill would be named Def Down.

I didn't say it needed to be an RPG though. I was thinking more something like a Megaman X clone. A man can dream.

Incidentally if it were to be an RPG, I imagine one of your attacks being a volley of meat briefcases that have a 32% confusion chance.
Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
Halloween treats.. dinosaurs.. got it! It will be done! (this is a lie)

And I'd make a game in Zelda classic if I knew how.. or.. preparing for rage here - if I liked Zelda.
Dudesoft
Make a classic zelda, except Link is Luke Skywalker... Link Skywaker.

Edit: you guys know what'll be cool? If 4-5 people join the RMNverse mafia!
Think of the artsy goodies you will get!
author=Dudesoft
Make a classic zelda, except Link is Luke Skywalker... Link Skywaker.

NO. NONONO.

author=mawk
look, skywanker

Must resist urge to kill...
Kinda worried about my doctor's appointment tomorrow...
Dudesoft
To find out if I'm finally going to be able to get the medication I've needed for years. Had bloodwork and everything done and my doctor had to get a hold like of three other of the doctors I work with to figure out if I could get them. :x

I'm just worried my neurologist will nix the whole thing because I have an issue with low blood potassium and one of the meds I'd be on is known to lower blood potassium.
author=trance2
To find out if I'm finally going to be able to get the medication I've needed for years. Had bloodwork and everything done and my doctor had to get a hold like of three other of the doctors I work with to figure out if I could get them. :x

I'm just worried my neurologist will nix the whole thing because I have an issue with low blood potassium and one of the meds I'd be on is known to lower blood potassium.

I guess I could relate to that feeling.
I totally second that NO, NONONO. DO NOT WANT. No Link Skywalker, please. It was cool in Kentona's avatar. But a game...just no.

@Trance2: I hope you can get your medication! It's hard not being able to get what you need, for sure. If you really need it, hopefully they don't 'nix' it. :c

I'm thinking about how life never turns out the way we expect it will. And that mine is crazy. lol