WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=Red_Nova
Working on two other things as well as practicing art and mapping and other RL stuff.

author=My latest blog
What's that? A vacation? I have no clue what that word means.

It's where you leave what you are doing and go somewhere else, change your routine, sit on a beach somewhere warm drinking something fruity with paper umbrellas in it, flirt with the staff (if they're cute and you're single), do nothing you don't wish to, even if that means all you do for 3 days straight is sit by the pool reading books and eating green jelly beans (only the green ones) and ignoring everyone who isn't bringing you those rain resistant drinks.

Go swimming with dolphins, or sharks, or crocodiles, or seals, or otters. Actually go swimming with otters - there are no words to describe how fun that is, there really aren't.

Or pretty much anything else that involves walking away from your normal life for a while and firmly believing it simply doesn't exist.

Do that, do that soon otherwise you may burn out, which would probably involve some form of collision with furniture or a vehicle.
unity
You're magical to me.
Yeah, as someone who just got back from vacation, it's a great way to change up your routine and recharge your creative batteries. Though, instead of a relaxing vacation, we had an "on your feet all day, we have to cram as much sight-seeing time as humanly possible into every hour" agenda, so next time, I want a vacation where I can just relax XD
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
But sitting around doing nothing except what I want is my routine anyway.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=LockeZ
But sitting around doing nothing except what I want is my routine anyway.

That's why you gotta break it up! I agree with Unity, a little bit of routine-breaking is the best way to come back at something with full force.

I could go for a vacation of doing nothing... a friend and I are taking a long weekend next month to go to a nearby convention, but I think it's gonna be along the same lines of a "go everywhere, see everything" vacation that wipes you out. Those things are busy as heck :P
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I had a dream that some no-talent newbie shitlord was railing on my game. I wanted to call him a very naughty word but I knew I'd get in trouble so I woke up instead.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I was djing yesterday and I had spent three previous days preparing my mix while watching teenage flicks and attending classes I hadn't needed to. I'm pretty confused about time right now. It feels like days have minutes instead of hours and I have so much to do. I hope I'll be able to make my map for BQ as I have to have finish an enormous amount of tasks till Thursday.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
The key to happiness isn't loving what you do; it's doing what you love.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Wait, if it's not loving what you do, then how can you do what you love?

Also, RIP Silent Hills. You had potential, but now we'll never know.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
It's the difference between putting a smile on while cleaning up someone else's mess or creating music out of a deep-seeded passion for it. Another way of saying it is "if you're not with the one you love, love the one you're with".
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
Ugh... Thinking about going back to RM2k to (work/remake) an old, old project instead of working on the existing project I am already working on and is being delayed because I cave so easily to the temptation of playing Diablo 3/League of Legends/Guild Wars 2 with some of my buddies. x_X
I'm thinking about whether
or not to make a post in the
announcement area asking
people not to
write out their
game descriptions as
though the site doesn't
have automatic
site wrap as it's one
of the most annoying
and obnoxious things you
can do to make your page
look like it has more content
or something.

I mean, really. Who in their right
mind thinks that, outside of poetry
or contextual usage, this looks
good on their game page?
Also, it's stated in the whole
rules thing that we don't want
this. It's one of the oldest
rules that were made for game
pages. You know, because it breaks
the flow of sentences and looks
like utter shit.
Or something.

The only thing is that I'm not
sure if the people doing this kind
of thing would read the thread
because by the looks of it, it's
mainly newbies and also by the
looks of it they're here to dump
and run because only a few of them
bother to fix their pages up and
resubmit.

I mean, I wouldn't mind so much
but it's been happening a lot
recently - like every 4 out of 6
games in the past two months have
had this issue. It's kind of
driving me bonkers.

I'm okay, though, no need to worry for my sanity. ;p
nhubi
Is it because they are writing them on their phone? I've noticed there are a couple of people who consistently do this in comments and they've mentioned before they are using their phone to access the site.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Is their phone from 1992?
nhubi
You're out by a couple of years LockeZ, the first mobile browser was back in 1994 but the first one for phones wasn't until '97.

It may just be a particular brand/os configuration that does it, if it is a phone issue.
It's not like their lines are uniform, though.
nhubi
Who knows, perhaps they are indeed poetry students.
Words of games we make
broken like lines of haiku--
Liberty means "Death."
author=pianotm
The key to happiness isn't loving what you do; it's doing what you love.

The key to happiness is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met.

Always sad to see good game concepts ruined with freemium features. I sincerely hope nobody's spent 100 dollars on a fucking flash game. Disgraceful.

The funniest part is that the original Doodle God is 100% free and just as good better, since it has no freemium features.