WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

actually, Advent Children has gotten a bunch of submissions recently!
Tau
RMN sex symbol
author=kentona
oh god that aaron9780 chap was something else. I just got a dozen PMs from him raging

but now he is simply
Fuuuuuuck I missed it!! Stupid work, well I had my fun anyway, I still maintain I was being nice to aaron... kinda :D

That ego though my God, it was so huge! Also I remember that ban avatar haha, the go.. past. You should change it so he's browsing RMN though, I know those forum colors.
http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/28/8510217/video-game-hall-of-fame-finalists

Strange, I somehow completely missed the fact that there was a World Video Game Hall of Fame being voted upon. This is pretty cool news.

Weird to see The Sims of all things leading the poll on the Strong's site, but hey, at least nobody's wasting their vote on fucking Minecraft or Angry Birds (which seriously, how did those games even make it onto the list considering the competition).

I'm interested to see what comes of this.
Damn that banned avatar takes me back.

Though it seems really dated in an early 2000s nerd shaming way. "this guy likes final fantasy" SICK BURN H5 BRO
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Was there always a way to filter your notifications and I just missed it, or is it new? Either way it's proving useful today, so I'm glad it is there.
Nhubi, I think that feature came with the update a few months ago, along with the 'save' button and stuff.

Also..

Balancing: slackline walking with a liberal on one hand and a conservative on the other.
I swear, the moment I get the needed skills, I will make a program that will automatically balance entire games for me.
Why are we, as humans, so prone to procrastination?
author=Pizza
http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/28/8510217/video-game-hall-of-fame-finalistsStrange, I somehow completely missed the fact that there was a World Video Game Hall of Fame being voted upon. This is pretty cool news.

Weird to see The Sims of all things leading the poll on the Strong's site, but hey, at least nobody's wasting their vote on fucking Minecraft or Angry Birds (which seriously, how did those games even make it onto the list considering the competition).

Probably because Minecraft is fun as balls and has both survival, building, multiplayer and mod components. Love dat game. It has become one of my faves.

author=Gleason
I'll get back to you with the answer to that.
nhubi
author=Liberty
author=Gleason

I'll get back to you with the answer to that.

He walked right into that one.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Liberty
author=Pizza
http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/28/8510217/video-game-hall-of-fame-finalistsStrange, I somehow completely missed the fact that there was a World Video Game Hall of Fame being voted upon. This is pretty cool news.

Probably because Minecraft is fun as balls and has both survival, building, multiplayer and mod components. Love dat game. It has become one of my faves.

The games listed are those that weren't just fun as hell to play, but had a major impact on the industry and/or culture, hence the inclusion of Pokemon and Pac-man on the list. Minecraft and Angry Birds aren't the best games ever made, but they had a MAJOR impact on today's gaming standards.
I'd say Minecraft has had a huge impact on the industry, actually. It's a huge game that has become a staple for all ages to play. It's changed how people view sandbox games quite a bit and has shown the simplistic graphics are not always a bad thing. It's opened non-gaming people's eyes to the gaming community, the people who create games, modding, graphical creation and a lot of other things. It is a huge name which has changed the way people who are not gamers view the gaming populace. Anyone can pick it up and play it and find something to do - it's such a versatile game.

There's a lot about the game that has influenced other games and game creation since it was released, too, and it's highly enjoyed by many, many people in many, many ways. It's a very highly versatile game for not only creating in, but playing in and it has had a huge impact on the industry in particular, and gaming in general. So, yeah.

I'd also say that Angry Birds has helped people come in to gaming who weren't there to start with. In fact, it has created a culture of casual gaming - it practically created the genre and it is a huge change that games are now considered by the ordinary lay-person (outside of the inclusive and sometimes xenophobic culture of gaming) to be 'normal'.

Both have had a huge impact on the world of gaming and how it is viewed by the public. Those sticking their noses up and saying 'ugh, no, get your filthy casual out of my gaming culture' actively show just how childish and pathetic the gaming world can be. These games have helped open the larger populace to gaming and - for better or for worse - have had a huge impact. They deserve their positions.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Why Minecraft when you can RPG Maker? Why Lego when you can RPG Maker?

RPG Maker for life.
You can RPG Mak in Minecraft. ;p
nhubi
I'm not sure I'd credit Angry Birds with the creation of the culture of casual gaming. I think you'd have to go all the way back to Tetris for that particular birth, but I do believe it turned casual gaming from being the child in the back of the class with his head in a book to one of the cool kids.

I actually like Angry Birds, it's a great way to blow off some energy and annoyance in short 5 minute bursts.
Perhaps I should have said 'modern casual gaming'. Either way, it made it much, much more popular and wide-spread than it used to be.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I do think RPG Maker deserves a bit more credit than it receives. Even though there are more versatile game-making engines out there, I still have yet to find one that is as approachable as the RPG Maker series. Hell, I still have yet to find an engine that provides you with as much of the tools already laid out for you in order to make a game.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I would credit Farmville over Angry Birds. Angry Birds is probably responsible for bringing it to mobile, though.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I'm all for more laid-back, less intensive games like Angry Birds or Minecraft. It's not like we're not still making plenty of the challenging kind. Really, don't we want more people playing games and understanding why we like 'em so much? Plus, y'know, games like Angry Birds that you can play for five minutes are great when you're a busy-ass adult.

author=Ratty524
I do think RPG Maker deserves a bit more credit than it receives. Even though there are more versatile game-making engines out there, I still have yet to find one that is as approachable as the RPG Maker series. Hell, I still have yet to find an engine that provides you with as much of the tools already laid out for you in order to make a game.

For sure, I think that's an enormous advantage it has over really powerful engines like Unreal or Unity. There's art you can use and you get basic code handled for you, so all you gotta focus on is the design. It's a good way to start learning, and if it suits your needs, there ya go!
I am not discounting the impact games like Minecraft or Angry Birds had but to compare them even remotely to games like Pac-Man, Pong, Super Mario Bros, Tetris, DOOM and the like is frankly just not right. They aren't even in the same plane of existence, and to a man who truly loves gaming it's rather upsetting. So sorry if that makes me "childish and pathetic" or whatever.

It would be like putting Avatar on the list of the 15 best movies in history.

I mean, if they really wanted to fill the list some more they should have put Space War on there or something. Tennis for Two? It would have been cool to acknowledge some of the first video games in history. That seems to be the only thing the list is missing, actually.

On another topic entirely, I had a weird ass dream last night about One Piece. I usually don't dream about media franchises at all (although in certain cases I wouldn't mind- take a guess), but this one was a little darker than expected. It was like a more realistic take on how the fight between Luffy and Doflamingo would have played out- Luffy got his head cut clean off by a surprise attack, and it rolled about on the floor gasping for air before I woke up. Very strange.
Angry Birds Epic is a great casual RPG. y'all should play it.