WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

author=ivoryjones
It's ok to think that 'human fleshbags' lovebirds is disgusting but thinking the mouse-girl is weird is not? Because thinking something is 'weird' is a lot tamer than thinking something is 'disgusting'. And you all act like the word 'weird' has some negative connotations to it.

The implied issue was that I don't go into someone's art thread and start inquiring about why they're drawing people or shit like that.

Also the usage of the word weird really wasn't the major issue with the post, but whatever. Housekeeping already PM'd me with an apology (which he really didn't have to do, since I wasn't trying to force his hand or anything) so that's really cool of him.

EDIT: Also gosh I am never buying Maximum Ice (7.1% beer) ever again man. I shitpost on RMN last night and already this mprning is killing me. Twitching, chilly, mild confusion...

My alien hand is going to have a tough time acting up later. I can feel it coming.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Pizza
EDIT: Also gosh I am never buying Maximum Ice (7.1% beer) ever again man. I shitpost on RMN last night and already this mprning is killing me. Twitching, chilly, mild confusion...

My alien hand is going to have a tough time acting up later. I can feel it coming.

I know you're on a budget so I'll try to keep it cheap. I'm very finicky about what I put in my mouth, but Miller High Life is one of the few cheap beers I actually life. If you haven't tried it, you may want to consider it.
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
Some folks may not like Puddor's new name but it'll catch. I think its kind of cute, like Hodor.

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I totally like Sorceress Krysty better. :/

author=Liberty
Like being able to free fly on pokemon? :DDDD
Nah man, trust the Pokemon gods. They never fail. I mean, seriously, all their games, for all that there's a huge amount of repetition in the series, are still pretty golden in terms of gameplay and the like.

Just wish they could revamp the story a bit more but I guess that's what makes Pokemon games Pokemon games.
> According to those who played the demo, the framerate issues and the lack of utilization of 3D, which made X&Y an embarrassment compared to other 3DS games, is still present.

> Rumors are circulating that trainer outfits/customization is completely gone, with the only reason for doing so is to keep Kalos "unique." but I have yet to see a solid confirmation on this (it could just be a demo restriction, I hope).

> Horde encounters slapped in with both wild encounters and trainers in the game. Horde encounters being completely unfun and a chore to get through unless you have moves that deal damage multiple Pokemon (which tend to be uncommon until the middle/late stages of the game) or you are EV training, and putting it on a trainer battle makes it essentially forced. I have yet to see how it'll be handled, though.

> Shops and Pokemon Centers are separated again, for no other reason besides nostalgia. I just can't understand why you'd take a step backwards in design just to make it familiar to older fans.

All in all, I guess most of the issues I mentioned about won't affect the game too much, but I just can't help but wonder what the designers at Game Freak are thinking when they make such inconsistent decisions on gameplay.

http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/_ui/img/_en/october/art/Mega_beedrill.png
Mega Beedrill seems awesome, though.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Horde encounters are welcome, anything at all that's different from a normal pokemon battle is welcome. Fuck every single battle in Pokemon games that isn't a boss fight. They're all horrible chores.
@Ratty Plan around the horde battles that you know are coming. They're fun if you're ready.

Edit: That said Link. Whoopsies~
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=LockeZ
Horde encounters are welcome, anything at all that's different from a normal pokemon battle is welcome. Fuck every single battle in Pokemon games that isn't a boss fight. They're all horrible chores.

They are so welcome, am I right?
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Yeah I never liked horde battles. Only use is maybe finding a hidden ability, which you won't know you've found until you've used simple beam or worry seed or something similar on all of them to find out.

Easiest one to find in X-Y is Gligar's Immunity because you can just use poison gas and viola, the one that has immunity won't be poisoned.
That's the only example I've ever found.
I played through the entirety of X without getting into a single horde battle. LockeZ's point about variation holds in my mind, since I like feeling danger every now and then when I play an RPG (instead of just curb stomping every enemy party I run into as is the norm).
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I just got done going through Depression Quest and I tell ya, it's certainly a realistic portrayal of the trials sufferers of depression have to put up with. The fact that the ending I got ended on the note of "you're taking your meds and you've got support. things are okay" while still putting emphasis on the fact that this sort of thing will never go away and that every day for the rest of your life with be a battle with your inner demons really makes me feel like genuine care was taken in the development of this "game" (I put quotations because it's more an experience than a game).

I really can't see why all those misogynistic twits have a problem with this game or the people who designed it.
author=Corfaisus
"game" (I put quotations because it's more an experience than a game).

This is literally my least favourite thing to hear about a game. Nobody will convince me that basically saying "this game isn't a game" is a positive thing.

It's great if a video game is an experience, and I've played many games like that which I'll never forget. But it bothers me when people big up the fact that there's not much in the way of a game itself present. It goes against all my sensibilities.
author=Corfaisus
I really can't see why all those misogynistic twits have a problem with this game or the people who designed it.

Please don't.
Seiromem
I enjoy breeding Pokemon.
Horde battles are awesome for EV training, no?
Seiromem
Super Training is Serperior for EV training, to me. You can reset their EVs, and easily choose how many you get and what you train in.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Pizza
author=Corfaisus
This is literally my least favourite thing to hear about a game. Nobody will convince me that basically saying "this game isn't a game" is a positive thing.

It's great if a video game is an experience, and I've played many games like that which I'll never forget. But it bothers me when people big up the fact that there's not much in the way of a game itself present. It goes against all my sensibilities.

Well, it's really more like an abject lesson in what it's like to suffer depression than it is a game. It's done in the vein of "Choose Your Adventure." Remember the old Zork books (actually, you might be too young to remember those...)?
author=pianotm
author=Pizza
author=Corfaisus

Well, it's really more like an abject lesson in what it's like to suffer depression than it is a game. It's done in the vein of "Choose Your Adventure." Remember the old Zork books (actually, you might be too young to remember those...)?

Therein lies my problem, designing games that "aren't really games". It irks me. I'm not gonna debate WHY really, it's just a matter of personal preference. Take Knytt Underground for example. It's currently my favourite Indie title, because of the absolutely stunning atmosphere and the exploration of deep characters, relationships, and sort of just life in general. But there's a fucking SOLID game in there too. Even with all the jaw dropping atmosphere and excellent writing I probably would have hated it if it was "not really a game".
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I mean, that horde battle is stupid because there's no more benefit to it than you'd get from just fighting five individual enemies, and because all five enemies are using fucking sand-attack. Like, Jesus Christ, that sand is getting everywhere, Anakin Skywalker would be so irritated. It's like a sand-attack pokakké. There's nothing inherently wrong with fighting more than one enemy at a time in an RPG, though, they just need to pick the enemy arrangement better and give you a reason to actually do them.

I'm reminded that Pokemon is also really stupid about describing every single fucking thing that happens during a battle in text-boxes that you have to click through. That problem is just as bad in normal battles though. I can't play Pokemon games on a real game system, they are only playable with a fast-forward button.

Fortunately, I think Pokemon has almost a 100% success rate on escaping from random battles, so if you don't like the random horde battles I guess you can probably just skip them all?
author=LockeZ
Like, Jesus Christ, that sand is getting everywhere, Anakin Skywalker would be so irritated. It's like a sand-attack pokakké. There's nothing inherently wrong with fighting more than one enemy at a time in an RPG, though, they just need to pick the enemy arrangement better and give you a reason to actually do them.

HAHA

Yeah, they could definatly do it better. I seem to remember getting tons of exp from horde battles when I would switch out my pokemon. (I don't use exp share, so I can't say it was better than that). It would give something like just over 50%, to all pokemon I switched in, x5. It was much faster than fighting 5 singles.

I really only have limited experience playing the new pokemon games and even less interest in the games anymore.
author=Ratty524
> According to those who played the demo, the framerate issues and the lack of utilization of 3D, which made X&Y an embarrassment compared to other 3DS games, is still present.

Eh, I didn't care about 3D so that's not an issue for me. And the framerate for X and Y wasn't that bad???

author=Ratty524
> Rumors are circulating that trainer outfits/customization is completely gone, with the only reason for doing so is to keep Kalos "unique." but I have yet to see a solid confirmation on this (it could just be a demo restriction, I hope).

Meh, could care less.

author=Ratty524
> Horde encounters slapped in with both wild encounters and trainers in the game. Horde encounters being completely unfun and a chore to get through unless you have moves that deal damage multiple Pokemon (which tend to be uncommon until the middle/late stages of the game) or you are EV training, and putting it on a trainer battle makes it essentially forced. I have yet to see how it'll be handled, though.

Good! I got about 2 of those in my whole playthrough - and I wanted the fucking things. So thank god someone was listening!

author=Ratty524
> Shops and Pokemon Centers are separated again, for no other reason besides nostalgia. I just can't understand why you'd take a step backwards in design just to make it familiar to older fans.

Eh, I could care less. It's supposed to be nostalgic as they're remakes of old games.

Frankly, the two things I most wish would change with Pokemon games are two things that likely never will and I've made peace with that. Those things being: story and online shit.

Story because, holy crap please give us something more interesting that "wanna be the best in x place, find shitty people doing shitty things, stop their plans, be kingpokemaster." Would it kill em to change it up a bit? orz

Also, I hate online interactions so much. I buy a game to play for myself, by myself. I hate having to go online for parts of the gameplay (at least give me the option to turn off the online parts completely so there's no mention of them!)

I'm actually finding this a bit annoying in Fantasy Life atm, since there's an obnoxious bar that appears from time to time telling me to get my ass to the Link counter. Fuck off, I don't want to link or swap or deal with other people kthnxbai.

Some games, sure, okay, but when it becomes part of the questline/tutorials to have to check out the online areas... ugh. And God forbid only certain things are available by going online (yes, Fantasy Life, I'm looking at you and those 50 other quests/whole other area that you have to buy for $10. As though spending $50 on your ass wasn't enough!)

Sorry to rant, but forced online play is such a bitch move.

Oh, and fuck fuck fuck(!) having to go through tutorials although you've already played the start of the game before. Every game should have the option to say "BITCH I KNOW FUCK OFF ALREADY I DON'T WANT YOUR STUPID-ASS TUTORIALS FUUUUUUCK" especially when the text for them is slooooooooooow aaaaaaaaaaaaas baaaaaaaaallls.

Huh. I seem to be in a fine grump today. >.<;