OFFERING DETAILED GAME REVIEWS (BY FLAP)

Pages: first prev 123 next last
It ran well from start to finish. Your testing paid off. However, I'm pretty sure the game didn't actually charge me money for the ticket you buy to enter the saloon car. I'm not entirely sure though.

-flap
author=flapbat
It ran well from start to finish. Your testing paid off. However, I'm pretty sure the game didn't actually charge me money for the ticket you buy to enter the saloon car. I'm not entirely sure though.

-flap

It's little notes like that that I love. I've found that no matter how hard you test a game, there're always things you don't notice. I'll look into it. I'm also going to redesign the hair on Dillon's sprites/battler today, so version 14 (!!!!) is in the works.

EDIT
Hoooo shit, you're right! FIXING NOW!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Good to hear that you had fun with Legacy Reborn! I'm not sure if you saw the comment, or not, but, I do plan to get back to that game. My Bludgeon of Inspiration creative energies have decided to work on a different project for the moment. I'm thinking I'll be a day (or two) on that before I either take a general haitus from game-making, or switch back to Legacy Reborn.
@Elder: Haha- so what happens if you don't have the slips to buy that card? I had exactly 301. And that's good about Dillon's hair. It was a little off, but I ran with it.

@Marrend: Yeah, make more of Legacy Reborn! It seems like such a whimsical game to add to, I'm sure you can pump out new content quickly.

-flap
author=flapbat
@Elder: Haha- so what happens if you don't have the slips to buy that card? I had exactly 301. And that's good about Dillon's hair. It was a little off, but I ran with it.
-flap

SPOILERS (sort of)
If you refuse or can't afford his offer, the temptation might be to grind the patrolling Enforcer until you've got enough Slips. But once you've interacted with the first guy, there's another way of getting a better pass for free!
SPOILERS END
@CalmOne: Your Broken Seal version with RTP says it can't find the RTP...

You're leaving me in suspense!

-flap
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=flapbat
@CalmOne: Your Broken Seal version with RTP says it can't find the RTP...

You're leaving me in suspense!

-flap

It might depend on how the file was packed. If the the resources were copy-pasted over (I'm assuming this was the method used, as opposed to the built-in packaging tool.), there is a line in the Game.ini file that says "RTP=RPGVX", or what-have-you. Take that out, and try to run it. If we're unlucky, it gives you "File not found" errors, which means the files were not copied, or were copied to the wrong place.
I forgot to edit the .ini file, as I have to manually make the zip file.
My game is too large for the "Compress Data" option in the editor to work.
I just updated the download.
http://rpgmaker.net/games/6979/downloads/6371/
Thanks, both of you. I have a similar issue when packing RM2K games. I've just been working on my own ga,e today since I didn't have any other ones I could play :-)

-flap
Sent you a message flapbat! Hopefully I'll hear back soon. ;p
@Blindmind: Your message was heard! Your response is awaiting, and I've added your game to the list :-)

-flap
@CalmOne: Thank you for all the trouble uploading the RTP. Unfortunately, I really did not enjoy Broken Seal. It has a lot of flaws, and some game design elements that really drag the game down. I've submitted a review, but it's a pretty low score. Just wanted to alert you while the review is still pending. You seem pretty cool, but I couldn't recommend the game. :(

-flap
Oh it's no problem, that just means there is that much to improve on.
It was never really about the score for me, I just wanted some feedback.
Thanks for you time and when the review is available I will look through it.
Game: Lyra

Describe how you want your game to feel to other people
- The game's a light horror-puzzle game, so I expect the game to unsettle (not necessarily scare) the players as they ply through the puzzles.
Random Fact: This is my first game. A game that I made in about two weeks as a birthday gift to myself, just because :3
Only submit polished games
-I believe the game's competently polished. At least, no one complained about the newer version so...
Let me know if you want a ranked review or just feedback (N/A rating)
-Ranked or unranked is fine for me. What I need the most is feedback, since I didn't get much when I asked for it about a month ago. If you think it's worth a rank, then go ahead!
Include the length and maturity rating of the game
It's more or less 20 minutes long. No mature content involved, though I think people who have heart problems shouldn't play a horror game, no matter how 'light' it is.

Link: http://rpgmaker.net/games/6598/
If you want, you could also play the older version (See the downloads page).

PS. About the PM... I am not really that active anymore, so I most likely could not respond. Sorry.
@karins: I'll check it out tonight!

Dang, you've got hella downloads for this, but only 1 review! Looks fun :)

-flap
> v < I just finished the demo for an RPG Horror game called ACE I really would like to see what other people think of it, and I would be really honored if you'd review it...

Well, yes it's a horror game but I'd like it to have not so much of a creepy vibe but more mysterious and unknown -until the endings of course-, I want things to be a bit confusing at first and for things not to make any sense in the beginning but to come together at the very very end then take the weirdest turn and change the entire meaning of the game((XDDD Of the game, o 3 o not the Demo, no that's just supposed to confuse the heck out of you))...But I guess I'd still want the game to come off as cool to the player as well. o v o

I would very much like a ranked review as well.

And the Demo itself is short, but I'd like to say it's short and sweet at the least o v o;. TV-14
Sounds good, fuzziest. I'll play and rank it.

-flap
Still open for business, peeps. I'm about to take "Beloved Rapture" off the list since the page has no download.

-flap
Raciela
* Describe how you want your game to feel to other people.
Raciela is a period RPG about pirates in a fictional world. The game is presented from various point of views, and tries to capture the look and feel of the Age of Sail. This means that various characters have their own dialect/way of speaking, in which words appear to be misspelled, when the fact is it's spelled phonetically. The game uses a modified DBS, as well as various other custom systems, but the gameplay is arguably second to the story.

* Only submit polished games.
The version currently available was tested by numerous people. The only thing that can lead to a fatal error is if you do not have the correct OGG codecs installed on your computer. Both of my games use .OGG files as opposed to .MP3. You can find the OGG codecs here: http://xiph.org/dshow/

* Include the length and maturity rating of the game.
I would rate this M (Mature), if only because there's some suggestive dialogue and graphic violence.

* Let me know if you want a ranked review or just feedback (N/A rating).
Ranked Review

Length
3-4 Hours

Download
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1399/downloads/5809/

Thanks for queuing me up!
*returns to obscurity*
Pages: first prev 123 next last