OFFERING DETAILED GAME REVIEWS (BY FLAP)

Pages: first prev 123 last
Hey flap, just letting you know I added my game to this site as well, so if you wanted to post the review here too, you could. The game page is http://rpgmaker.net/games/7099/

Looking forward to reading it, I've been on break so when it's done I can fix the not-so-great stuff lol.
Awesome! I've been playing it and taking notes ;) Hopefully you'll get more publicity here.

-flap
Perhaps you would be interested in giving my game, Touhou Fantasy, a try? It's still only 50% done, but runs for roughly 17-30 hours.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/3758/

It's meant to be a big throwback/lovefest to the older Final Fantasy games (primarily the SNES ones), but references the entire series throughout while still keeping the Touhou charm to it. So fantasy-genre with some dark tones to it I suppose? Not sure what else to really say here other than that. ^^;

Probably T rated due to the profanity that spews up from time to time and some of the dark tones the game takes, but overall it still feels like your average Final Fantasy game if that says anything. Wouldn't mind either a ranked review or feedback, I'm looking for both anyways. There's obviously going to be some things not working properly due to me missing them somehow.

If you DO decide to try this out, and need help with getting all the files, let me know since the main game file doesn't have the fixes it needs (I could just upload my most recent version too if you decide to do the game, so that you have the most recent version available). Music is completely separate and comes in Vanilla and Extended flavors (Vanilla is required, Extended is just if you want more variety in music and ramps up the size of the game).

One thing that I WILL note that may annoy you is how much "..." may show up in dialogues. I've been trying to clean the dialogues up a bit of that (and trying to fix text cut-offs, but that's a bit harder to deal with than you'd think), but I know I haven't gotten them all fixed up. Difficulty shouldn't be too hard, but it's not super easy either. Regardless, fights do need revamped so if you come up with any good feedback/suggestions for enemies/bosses/areas, do let me know if you decide to play the game~

That is all~
author=flapbat
Awesome! I've been playing it and taking notes ;) Hopefully you'll get more publicity here.

-flap

Indeed I have been, already at 10 downloads and 1 person (Krolan) had done a review of it recently as well. So far, it's had high marks (though there is a bit I need to change).
I'd love to get a review for my demo, if you're willing to give it a try.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/7125/

* Include the length and maturity rating of the game.
It should take about 2 hours to complete, and would probably be rated T. There's some colorful language, but that's about it.

* Describe how you want your game to feel to other people.
The game is basically a love letter to older D&D games, like Temple of Elemental Evil and Ruins of Myth Drannor.

The demo itself is focused primarily on the combat system and the character customization - it's meant to show off what the game engine is capable of and how the making tactical decisions will matter in combat. There's very little story included, just the bare minimum to give you an idea of where to go and what to do. The main purpose of the demo is getting feedback on the gameplay mechanics.

* Let me know if you want a ranked review or just feedback (N/A rating).
I'd like a ranked review. I want to get as much feedback as possible.
I could definitely use a review too :) Check it out if you want something short and silly.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/7145/

Intended effect: The game is supposed to be addictive and fun. Nothing else, really.

Length: Not counting the intro level, there are 5 levels with time limits from 1 to 2 minutes. Gameplay time only depends on how many times will you try.

Polish level: I'm pretty sure there are no bugs at all, and I could ensure it with such a small game. Maybe one purely aesthetic error, but it's pretty unlikely to trigger.

Maturity level: Dangerously low. Enough said.

Feedback type: I would like a rating.

And the game is definitely NOT in the limelight as of now :P
Pages: first prev 123 last