SCREENSHOT SURVIVAL 20XX

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I like where you are going with it, though graphics do need a bit more work. Some of them don't match well with each other.
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
Did you just bash what I assume to be a stripper with a hammer?

cool
author=ExtremeDevelopment
I like where you are going with it, though graphics do need a bit more work. Some of them don't match well with each other.
Thanks, yeah all the stuff on the B layer are rtp graphics i pixelated earlier in development, then I decided to take advantage of VX ace's higher resolution. Still a long way to go, it'll probably go through a few more transformatons...

author=Sated
I really like this style!

EDIT: Indoor shot...
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=SnowOwl
@BM
I thought parodies were at least supposed to try to be funny. Also, the only thing different in those video is the name of the video and the preview image? What's the point in posting the same video over and over.
Correction, they all sync to different music beyond the first 6 seconds. How gracious of you to show me you weren't even thorough enough to watch any two videos long enough to confirm you had any credibility at all.

Also no, no other forum I've been to has had hide tags that don't hide videos. If you're going to defend broken forum widgets, consider the debate over. This is only one circumstance where multiple video embeds could be wanted to be used, you can't blame people for not being able to rely on baseline forum features, such as, oh, just properly working spoilers. Not that much to ask, really! Considering every other rpgmaker forum I've visited (this is over 20 places I'm talking, some of which are now dead) has them.

Yes, I am being patronizing- but only in return. When I lament that a broken forum widget should be repaired, I am not asking for backtalk or a lecture or a white knight, I'm asking for results, if you do not have a way to sustainably provide said results, then save your breath. I'm not interested in your petty excuses for a matter that does not concern you.
@BM
Oh boy, you even changed the music in the videos, such effort! Clearly it warrants spamming the same video over and over. I didn't even mention anything about the forum, so I'm not sure why you think I would be defending it. I guess it's not part of your world that not everyone loves the shit you're spamming every third post?
BizarreMonkey
author=SnowOwl
@BM
Oh boy, you even changed the music in the videos, such effort! Clearly it warrants spamming the same video over and over. I didn't even mention anything about the forum, so I'm not sure why you think I would be defending it. I guess it's not part of your world that not everyone loves the shit you're spamming every third post?
How unsurprising, you've made it personal. Thankfully I don't care enough about your opinion of my worth to warrant for it to even bother me, my interest was in pointing out a forum behavior that was broken or largely flawed, and should be repaired, my laser point was to eliminate useless banter, which you were providing, and still are providing, by trying to justify your last stroke of action with another one even more aggressive.

I care little for your dissonance with me, and I am ending this here. It would be in your best interests to do the same. Last thing this place needs is more drama, and I don't have the passion or drive to ruin you and your petty squabble with me like I have others. You aren't worth it.

Also, I have posted very little here recently, because I've been off duty, in fact mostly I've been giving others feedback. So even that part of your aggregation was completely useless, it may have held weight a month ago, but it doesn't now.

That string of videos was originally in hide tags, had they worked, you would likely have not even said a word, the forum's coding is the cause of aggravation, do not blame me for a flawed system.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=BizarreMonkey
author=SnowOwl
@BM
How unsurprising, you've made it personal. Thankfully I don't care enough about your opinion of my worth to warrant for it to even bother me, my interest was in pointing out a forum behavior that was broken or largely flawed, and should be repaired, my laser point was to eliminate useless banter, which you were providing, and still are providing, by trying to justify your last stroke of action with another one even more aggressive.

I care little for your dissonance with me, and I am ending this here. It would be in your best interests to do the same. Last thing this place needs is more drama, and I don't have the passion or drive to ruin you and your petty squabble with me like I have others. You aren't worth it.

Also, I have posted very little here recently, because I've been off duty, in fact mostly I've been giving others feedback. So even that part of your aggregation was completely useless, it may have held weight a month ago, but it doesn't now.

That string of videos was originally in hide tags, had they worked, you would likely have not even said a word, the forum's coding is the cause of aggravation, do not blame me for a flawed system.

I really don't think you need to get this upset over this, BM. Working hide tag or not, you did post a ton of vids that are very similar, and seem to be blatant view-baiting as they aren't really related to the parody covers. That can easily come off as a pretty disingenuous way to advertise your work.

Also, again, regardless of if you're using hide-tags or not, if you post a bunch of videos, I assume that they have different content. You could have just posted one video and then posted all of your parody artwork for basically the same effect.

You didn't break any rules or do anything officially wrong, but that doesn't shield you from criticism or from other users getting annoyed.
BizarreMonkey
My irritation stems from multiple sources, most notably though, I dislike that a pretty basic system being broken is leading to me getting flak, you can't deny that if they were in spoilers like I originally tried to do, that they could have easily been brushed over.

I was originally going to remove them, because I do usually have enough respect, but I decided not to because the point would be much easier to emphasize with it all out in the open.

What I didn't expect was the hugboxxing, backlash and general attitude of holier than thou.

So yes, I am going to be a little annoyed about it. I'll remove the videos (all of them) now, because it was not my intent to view-bait.

In the future, please consider this, I like to think I am a somewhat reasonable man, as I have already removed the videos. Originally it was my intent to share some silly retakes I did, when hide tags didn't work, I also decided to make a point of that while I was at it.

Ofcourse, it does not shield me from criticism, but it does not disallow me to defend myself, either. If my replies were interpreted as patronizing, then you already understand it was my intent.

I am in most cases incredibly patient, but I will not tolerate complacency with flawed systems, let alone some attempt to paint me as the wrongdoer when a simple enough system fix could have avoided this in the first place. I'd be more understanding if it was something remote, but spoilers just flat out not working is broken.

I have actually found the error before, and had been meaning to lodge a request, but there's been a lot going on recently.

I also didn't worry too much as i suspected an issue so glaring would be pretty easy to notice and point out, especially considering this is the third largest rpgmaker website at the moment. Hell with rpgmakervxace.net how it was last time I was there, it may even be the second.

I will cease this topic here so we can get back on track. My apologies for any inconveniences this debacle may have caused. I will take fault for drifting this needlessly off-topic.

As you were.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=BizarreMonkey
My irritation stems from multiple sources, most notably though, I dislike that a pretty basic system being broken is leading to me getting flak, you can't deny that if they were in spoilers like I originally tried to do, that they could have easily been brushed over.

I'm trying to tell you, that even if the hide tags worked for video, I would still be irritated to learn that the videos were same-y and had little to nothing to do with their parody covers. The fact that they were hidden saves space, but it wouldn't have saved me any of the time it took to discover that you had not, in fact, produced separate videos that you were showing off.

author=BizarreMonkey
What I didn't expect was the hugboxxing, backlash and general attitude of holier than thou.

I'm not seeing this. You got a couple of unhappy comments. That is not hugboxxing or even any sort of serious backlash. I think you're way jumping to conclusions.
author=BizarreMonkey
If my replies were interpreted as patronizing, then you already understand it was my intent.

How nice of you.

Allow me to respond in kind, then, and say something someone should have said months ago. There is nothing more annoying than someone trying to get your attention All. The. Time. Almost every single post you make is to somehow make people look at your games. You put in links to screenshots and videos of your games constantly, in totally unrelated topics. I pointed this out once the other day, because I was already annoyed then and this was basically the last drop in an already full glass. It's fine to do this kind of shit every now and then, I think, if it's done tastefully. But you FORCE it into every fucking crevice you can, and it's unsightly. There are gamepages for a reason, and if you don't think that's enough, well fuck if I know, go spam some other forum.
Take it down a notch. Or several.
BizarreMonkey
author=unity
I'm trying to tell you, that even if the hide tags worked for video, I would still be irritated to learn that the videos were same-y and had little to nothing to do with their parody covers. The fact that they were hidden saves space, but it wouldn't have saved me any of the time it took to discover that you had not, in fact, produced separate videos that you were showing off.
A bad example does not mean my suggestion is without merit. I have encountered this error before when I have had much to show, there's no debate, it's broken. As shoddy as my example may be, it does not invalidate the reality of the situation.

I also hoped to end this here. Perhaps we should take this to PM so as to not derail the thread further?
author=unity
I'm not seeing this. You got a couple of unhappy comments. That is not hugboxxing or even any sort of serious backlash. I think you're way jumping to conclusions.
Let me give an example of how these responses could have been less juvenile.
I thought parodies were at least supposed to try to be funny.
Instead of trying to make some sort or witticism that falls flat in the face of infantile squealing, and one that while i can take hits like this, is an attitude that probably isn't ideal to encourage, we aren't in fucking kindergarten.

"I don't like that you posted so many videos, mind removing some please?"

And I would have, when polite requests are given, I usually respond respectably, when someone acts like a child, I will treat them like one, especially when it seems they intend to patronize me. Not that it would actually work.

Pizza was a lot more responsible about it. He was a little snarky but didn't make it a personal attack, just sorta pointed out the obvious solution, that's fine, had SnowOwl done the same, I wouldn't have even responded.

The root issue has been lost, anyway. The attitudes was only an addendum to my original point.

The original point, is that spoilers are broken, there's no justifying it, because it's a flaw. So says pretty much every other forum in existence.

Fix it or don't, I am only providing legitimate reason to do so. Now if we could get this back on topic that would be grande.

author=SnowOwl
How nice of you.

Allow me to respond in kind, then, and say something someone should have said months ago. There is nothing more annoying than someone trying to get your attention All. The. Time. Almost every single post you make is to somehow make people look at your games. You put in links to screenshots and videos of your games constantly, in totally unrelated topics. I pointed this out once the other day, because I was already annoyed then and this was basically the last drop in an already full glass. It's fine to do this kind of shit every now and then, I think, if it's done tastefully. But you FORCE it into every fucking crevice you can, and it's unsightly. There are gamepages for a reason, and if you don't think that's enough, well fuck if I know, go spam some other forum.
You're the only one who's been zealously pointing it out, and I'm not the only one who does it, I use personal examples for explanations because it's easy to show what I mean, it does not mean view-tallying is my intent. In the same way an artist tells from experience, I also tell from experience, I've been doing this for over ten years, maybe when you have more maturity than just enough to insult someone for doing things differently to what you do I'll let you tell me how to do my job.

@Unity: I may have misused the term hugboxxing, sorry.
SnowOwl

QFT

Were I not already on thin enough ice from my previous altercations with the mods I probably would have said the same thing.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=BizarreMonkey
I also hoped to end this here. Perhaps we should take this to PM so as to not derail the thread further?

I'll drop it then. The only reason I responded at all is that I take exception to attitude that you were being unjustly victimized when you made an obnoxious post and were called out for it. Yes, it could have been done in a kinder manner, and I wish everyone was nicer, but that doesn't make you some targeted individual of some RMN-hate-o-sphere atmosphere.

EDIT:

author=BizarreMonkey
@Unity: I may have misused the term hugboxxing, sorry.

Ah, alright. No worries then.
There sure is a lot of whatever-this-is going on! Hey, look, a distracting!

Two early screenshots from an area just after the demo of my game nobody bothered to play (crying emoji).
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Aww you poor duck :( If it makes you feel any better, I did play it :P
Very early walkabout of the first Dump Town and surrounding area.
No enemies or NPC's yet, and the music and sound effects are also WIP.
I also haven't done the picture overlays so some stuff you'll be able to walk behind currently doesn't work.
Been pixeling like mad tho

@Dookie
Very imaginative. Really getting some retro feelings from that, both music-wise and with the attention to detail.