MY SCREENSHOT IS BIGGER THAN YOURS!

Random things. Tint screen. <3

author=BlindSight link=topic=1971.msg45923#msg45923 date=1227144025

Your so right Blind
Tint screen = <3. Nice screens btw
author=BlindSight link=topic=1971.msg45923#msg45923 date=1227144025

Wow, I love you. This is awesome! If only I could find out how to make those light effects I'd be happy! I especially love the second one. It's got an atmosphere that I just can't resist... Reminds me of that changing elemental forest in Riviera :P.
...What do you mean lighting effects? Probably done with an overlay...

Anyways, looks great blind!
Wow Blind, those are fantastic.
I don't know why you applied outdoor forest mapping with a cave, though. The black space having two layers on top of each other makes no sense at all. I don't know, that just really bugs me. The whole idea behind it with forests is to show that there is more canopy above the first layer (from a top down view). With a cave, you can't have a ceiling above a ceiling.

But the water in that first screen looks almost too good. And the second screen is even better. They are probably your best screens yet.
Now stop mapping random areas and actually do something. =)
author=myersguy link=topic=1971.msg46004#msg46004 date=1227164660
...What do you mean lighting effects? Probably done with an overlay...

Anyways, looks great blind!
Well, the lighting effects are the overlay.
Looks interesting, Macubex. Where is that supposed to be? Hang on, that looks sort of familiar... Actually... Did I do freelance coding for a HUD for you at some point or am I totally confused?

Anyway, team's artist just got this done for the SciFi contest...

It looks like JesusRPG has some competition here. Actually, this is due to TileA not allowing the clear tile to not allow hero/event movement through it. I have since changed it to TileE, which doesn't allow a character to move through any tile marked X, even clear ones.

We all make mistakes sometimes. That's what beta-testers are for.
Video, I'd like your screenshots a whole lot more if the charset didn't stick out so much. I love everything else though, it's a great feel for the game.

EDIT: Hmm.. or maybe it's a placeholder perhaps?
author=macubex12 link=topic=1971.msg46112#msg46112 date=1227215817
Completely random.

I really like that screen Macubex. When is a download coming for your game?
This is the very early Training Manual. When you level up, you get Move Points to spend on new moves. Each "level" has a limit on how many moves you can learn (i.e. when you learn your first move, the other two Level 1 moves are locked, so there will always be a few moves from eac level you can't learn. The question marks are temporary; I might even change the progression of the tree and make 3 moves each level. I can't say yet.
Psy_Wombat:

Yeah, I had to check my pm to confirm it WAS you. We should do something together again man :(. Anyways nice picture, it's fine the way it is. If you want to make improvements though some areas I would take a look at is the hair, skin tone (color), and posture.The hair border looks rushed and there's some transparent stuff leaking on to the pure white background, it needs to be cleaned up. The face color is really weird, you might want to add some sort of shading. Right now his face color matches that face armor thing. Finally the posture is quite weird and it generally looks quite stiff.

Overall I like the picture though, I'm not picky and it would be fine to leave it the way it is.

Demon Destiny:

Thanks, I'll release something in the near future. I'm working on something now actually.
@ToomanyToasters

I love the look of that man. It looks really interesting, but "move points" ... you could have found a better name then that right?
Nnnnnope. It's subject to change, don't worry.
author=TooManyToasters link=topic=1971.msg46406#msg46406 date=1227379388
Nnnnnope. It's subject to change, don't worry.

Well other than that, the system looks pretty hawt nice work
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
The simplest CMS ever:

Play Backstage before making any such assumptions, mortal. My CMS was so bare bones that one haughty reviewer called it "Code" with the quotation marks to distinguish between it and real code. Also it was completed solely with show choices and show text and label jumps.
Some people are asking me what the hell I'm doing. So, I'll post these here as well I guess. It's for the same game I posted a few screenshots for on the last couple of pages (not the lastest screen). The gameplay is heavlily being planned but there is some talks about a small TBS along side a modified DBS.

The game is called Solemn Drifter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE7yD5WNHiw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE7yD5WNHiw&feature=related

I have future plans on doing something with my old project so, don't give up hope...