ANYONE WANT TO WRITE A STORY EVERY DAY FOR A YEAR?

Pages: first prev 12 last
So it turns out that Unity just announced a contest today. I was planning to make a Unity game in roughly this timeframe anyway, and I really want to enter the contest, but I'll need to pour basically all of my free time and energy into it for the next two months. So unfortunately I don't know if I'll be able to write a full story every day until that's over. I'm thinking I'm going to switch to doing some concept art every day instead, which is a lot less investment than writing.

Maybe we can change it so there's a daily prompt and you can choose to write a story or draw a picture or compose a song or whatever it is you do. Does that sound fine to people?

As for where to host it, ehhh, I think a forum probably isn't a great medium. Thoughts on a blog versus Twitter versus tumblr?
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Adding in concept art sounds fine to me. I like drawing character concepts as well, so I could do that instead if I'm (inevitably) pressed for time. However, writing is what I want to develop more than anything, so if we're not gonna do just that, I might switch over to that mini version of this activity for myself and a few others.

Though I'm still nervous about this taking place over an entire year. With events like this popping up suddenly, committing to something like this for an entire year doesn't seem feasible.

I don't do Twitter or Tumblr (how would you even write a story on Twitter anyway?) and I don't really have a blog. If I HAD to chose between those three, I'd probably just get a blog somewhere. RMN is my main place, so I'm a bit biased towards a forum.

Aside: Wow, I haven't touched Unity in forever. Certainly before Unity 4 came out. How is that as an engine now? Easier to use?
Yeah, I'd prefer to work on writing as well, but it seems like it's a lot more difficult to keep up with than art, especially with other commitments. Maybe we can do a month-long event that's just writing or something down the line. You also don't necessarily have to commit for the full year if you don't want to.

Unity has improved a lot as an engine since Unity 3. That said, Unreal 4 is better for a variety of reasons, but they also take 5% of your revenue, so it's not worth using Unreal unless you're using the features that make it worth it. Also, Unity still deploys to more platforms and has much more middleware available because it's been around for longer. Since the game I'm making is a VN/point-n-click, I don't know that Unreal makes sense for this project.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Too much writing at once can also lead to burning out really fast. A little variety won't hurt.
Pages: first prev 12 last