ULTIMA FANTASY MAFIA - MOVED THREADS - SIGN UPS CLOSED

Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
Well yeah, maybe berserk gets a small power in return? So they aren't just out of the game? Like 2 votes or immunity for that day, or maybe even a way to get information?

And I don't like silence, I think it should be either Berserk or something similar, not two, because it'd be a bit weird... maybe another different spell?
Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
I would like to avoid spells that remove activity. It's not fun to not be able to talk in a Mafia game. A non voting spell might be game breaking.
Kloe
Yup, that's a good point? Maybe just restricts speech, like only speak words with 1 syllable in them?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Well, that's why you posted a balance discussion right? So you can throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks.
Blobofgoo
author=Kloe
Yup, that's a good point? Maybe just restricts speech, like only speak words with 1 syllable in them?

The black mage will have a spell called Palindromosis which causes all players to only be able to speak in palindromes for the day.
author=Blobofgoo
The black mage will have a spell called Palindromosis which causes all players to only be able to speak in palindromes for the day.

Palendromes Aren't That Fun, But Hikus Would be Awsome...
pianotm
Madam, I'm Adam. A dog! A panic in a pagoda!

TangledLion
Haikus

Bad TangledLion
I will vote for him tonight
Must vote mafia
Kloe
OMG!! Yes, can we just have that as a role? Haikugirl? I have like a billion haikus I've never ever shown! I love writing them! That'd be ultra cool and an amazing challenge!

Also maybe spice up Mafia chat? Like some sort of twist?

Edit: Yes, Palindromus would be a great spell, it'd make speaking a challenge BUT would be fun at the same time.
Example:
I Think Blobofgoo,
Is quite A bit suspicious
So #lynchBlobofgoo
Kloe
Yup, I'd totally be up for that! Even if I don't have to, I really want to now!
Also wooo! Nice haiku! :D

P.S The Hastag is silent :P
pianotm
Forced speech in haikus
Will CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK approve?
A fine game measure
Blobofgoo
Black Mage will have 1 shot spells. Probably 2, possibly 3. I would give the role non 1 shot abilities but our mafia games seem to run a little short anyway.

I like Tangled's "deceit". If we can't figure out a second spell Black Mage will have 2 casts of that.

If I was to Implement a joke 1-day spell I would give it to a random townie and make it's duration only a few hours (3).

Also it seems you guys are up for this so...
Now accepting sign ups.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
i find most post restrictions annoying and would probably just not post very much if i got haiku'd. idk. some people like them.

obligatory spell:
slow- any night actions taken by spell's target will not resolve for one day/night phase (if used on cop on n1 and they investigate player x, they will not get a result for that investigation until the beginning of d3. same thing with kills or w/e)

tweak power depending on whether or not spells are one-shot or repeated-use
Blobofgoo
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i find most post restrictions annoying and would probably just not post very much if i got haiku'd. idk. some people like them.

obligatory spell:
slow- any night actions taken by spell's target will not resolve for one day/night phase (if used on cop on n1 and they investigate player x, they will not get a result for that investigation until the beginning of d3. same thing with kills or w/e)

Sounds good to me.

Black mage: 1 deceit, 2 slows ,1 palindromosis

Giving black mage 2 slows as one will almost certainly miss a special role.
pianotm
Yeah, I'll sign up.
Kloe
I will now sign up
The Kloe shall destroy all
Hashtag Mafia

I could really get used to posting in haikus :D
Kloe
author=Blobofgoo
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK

obligatory spell:

Sounds good to me.

Black mage: 1 deceit, 2 slows ,1 palindromosis

Giving black mage 2 slows as one will almost certainly miss a special role.

Maybe one slow could be a slow lynch, where their lynch vote works for the next day instead?

In haiku I speak
For such is the Kloe curse
And I am hungry...
Blobofgoo
I think vanilla lynching is hard enough
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
I'll have limited internet access for the rest of the month so I won't be able to sign up if this airs before that. if it runs afterwards I'd be interested.
author=Kloe
I will now sign up
The Kloe shall destroy all
Hashtag Mafia
I could really get used to posting in haikus :D

Please don't XD

I'll sign up!